Snowager alert!

Altador Cup VII
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup XV

Charity Corner Returning
  • Posted on March 7, 2019, 8:57 am NST

Earlier this morning, hardtotame took to the Neoboards to ask Neopians what perks they might like to see in another Charity Corner prize shop. In the process, she confirmed that Charity Corner is returning (date unknown—probably in a few months), and that leftover points from last year will be usable.

The perk shop system is here to stay, but the perks aren't - what perks would you be willing to spend on, if you had the chance?

Before you ask, yes, a Charity Corner-like event will be here soon,

and

no, we have not forgotten about the leftover points from last year. You will be able to use them on new perks this year.

For a reminder of what last year's perk shop was like, check out our Perk Shop Prize Guide.

What new perks would you like to see? Let us know in the comments!

flowersformachines, March 7, 2019 9:04 AM NST
Yes! All my junk hoarding over the past month hasn't been in vain!
mollyscribbles, March 7, 2019 9:13 AM NST
Well . . . keep the bank and stock market bonuses, those ones are solid. Be able to reuse the avatar and site theme ones.
sketch, March 7, 2019 9:13 AM NST
Glam Up
Bank Bribery
Colour it Wild!

These perks NEED to make a return!!
debgil, March 7, 2019 9:28 AM NST
Definitely bank bribery and stock market. I was hoping I would just be able to extend those with my leftover points from last time. Some of those boons were so useless. Wouldn't mind increase in items held, shop size, gallery size.
krissa, March 7, 2019 9:29 AM NST
That's good, but I'm sad because someone from the Jellyneo staff told me that the points won't be transferable, so instead of saving up for that bank bribery one which I was sooo close to getting, I just spent it all
biediep, March 7, 2019 9:47 AM NST
A chance to win a stamp or something else rare and expensive after every donation.
Perks are stupid. Unless there's an unlimited-use perk that gives you a random r90+ stamp lol.
myflickyflapp, March 7, 2019 9:55 AM NST
Bank and stock market boons were nice, in addition to the free avatar and site theme. Still have 38k points... could spend some on that NC, but other than that, everything else was pretty useless. Charity Corner was much more exciting with item prizes.
dave - JN Staff, March 7, 2019 11:18 AM NST
@biediep: I don't think that's sustainable in the longterm for the item economy. If we had that every year, there wouldn't be many "rare and expensive" items left worth getting. The original Charity Corner came at a time when a lot of items were still stupidly expensive, but after multiple Charity Corner events, the shop restock revamp, and the shop price max increase, those days are behind us.
solsticesprite, March 7, 2019 11:20 AM NST
I want to add ten more spaces to my Inventory, and add another impossible to get anymore Secret Avatar to my list.
1jediboy, March 7, 2019 11:54 AM NST
I CAN THINK OF BILLLLLLLIONS OF PERKS!!!

Perk 1: CEO: Get 10 Faerieland Job Agency jobs instead of 5!

Perk 2: The power of 4!: Send 4 scores in all games instead of 3!

Perk 3: Future vision!: Get alerted of future content 3 days in advance!

Perk 4: I want it NOW!!!: Paying quadruple what it's listed for, you can purchase items IMMEDIATELY in the Auction House!

Perk 5: Reimbursed: If you're lucky, you get the money you spend on your previous shop expansion back. (Only works if purchase was made AFTER boon was activated)

Perk 6: Primo!: Get access to ONE premium perk without membership.

Perk 7: Exchange program: The ability to exchange any shop item with a r1 to r100 rarity to whichever shop the item came from for neopoints! (The neopoints you get back is the estimated value.)

Perk 8: Pre-paid: Pre-pay for battle-stat training BEFORE the next session is set up! (Once a day. For Training School/ Ninja School only: Allows any respective trading currency without their specific request.)

Perk 9: Code Quest!: Play in IMMENSELY hard puzzle game and receive an old "Plushie code" to receive one of the COUNTLESS unobtainable code-toys and code-collectables! (Each code = Space Faerie as a battler.)

Perk 10: Quest your thirst!: Time between chosen quests (Illusen, Jhudora, Taelia, Brain Tree, Esophager, Chef...) is halved!
mavegibson, March 7, 2019 11:55 AM NST
They better keep the pet colour one or I will blow a gasket.
1jediboy, March 7, 2019 12:05 PM NST
(several millions of perks later...)

Perk 3,000,000,082: You're a STAR!: Be on the set of the Live-action Neopets® MOVIE!!!

Perk 3,000,000,083: Meet your heroes!: Get free tickets to comic-con to actually MEET Neopian stars!!! (Fyora! Dr. Sloth! The Angry Yurble Janitor!)

Perk 3,000,000,084: How YOU doin'?: Meet Matt LeBlanc!!!!!

Perk 3,000,000,085: one-of-us: Become TNT staff!

Perk 3,000,000,086: Quantum Distillation: Open a portal to Neopia itself!!!!!

And lastly, Perk 3,000,000,087: A dish... best... served... cold. >X) :
...Get a free ice cream!
escrainus, March 7, 2019 12:23 PM NST
Returning:
Get retired site themes - 2 uses

New:
Pet slot increase - 5 uses max.

Like really, other than site's anniversary I can't think of another way to introduce this.
1jediboy, March 7, 2019 12:28 PM NST
^I like those!
mollyscribbles, March 7, 2019 12:59 PM NST
Oooh -- unlock the SSW! If they don't want to keep people from having a major draw of getting Premium, make it so you only get it for a week or something per payment.
drzoidberg, March 7, 2019 1:13 PM NST
Gahhhh now I have to start hoarding again... Am I alone in thinking that Charity Corner is counter-productive?
suzuka - JN Staff, March 7, 2019 1:32 PM NST
just give us the old system back
cat, March 7, 2019 1:57 PM NST
Mostly I hope it lets you mass donate, I’d love to be able to dump my entire inventory at once.
mamsmelk_jr, March 7, 2019 2:19 PM NST
Glad to be able to use the points from last year. And I hope the avatar one returns, I liked that one.
josh, March 7, 2019 2:57 PM NST
Best news ever.
escrainus, March 7, 2019 3:20 PM NST
@cat: this, so one mass donation and the nightmare is over
dave - JN Staff, March 7, 2019 3:29 PM NST
Bulk donation would be sooooooo nice 😌
josie, March 7, 2019 3:42 PM NST
Definitely the bank and stock market, as well as the avatar and site theme perks.

I'm glad they're asking. It means they do listen to us, even though it doesn't always seem that way
catmarc, March 7, 2019 4:23 PM NST
Oh yeah, bulk donations!
onewinginthefire, March 7, 2019 4:31 PM NST
An unconvert "paint brush"
I wanna see the madness
annw, March 7, 2019 4:44 PM NST
For perks I would love to see :
shop upgrade
game point multiplier
choice of some retired or new site themes
choice of some new np items
a small nc reward, maybe 1.00 or 2.00, token or potion
play 5 games a day for a week or two
amethyst43217, March 7, 2019 4:57 PM NST
I would like to tell THEM because there's a chance they would actually do something. Where is the thread, why didn't you link to it? I can't find it!
escrainus, March 7, 2019 5:58 PM NST
the topic already got locked, thankfully some users also asked for more pet slots
pikachu315111, March 7, 2019 6:02 PM NST
First, JS, you did forget about the old points, or you couldn't figure out what else to do with them. You had promised to figure out a solution before the next Charity Corner, and now you just decided to have them carry over. And I'm not complaining, it's the easiest thing they could do (well, the one they chose, easiest would be not having a limit on any of the Perks or at least the Perks everyone wants...) and at least we didn't lose those points. Though hopefully they learned from this and make sure it doesn't happen again.

As for perk ideas, as 1jediboy said I can think of a bunch. But first let's go over some they should bring back:

* Bring Back the Old Days (though include all Retired Site Themes)
chrisk123, March 7, 2019 6:06 PM NST
Wish they had done a poll so we all would be able to voice an opinion but l looks like some good suggestions as well as keeping some of the great perks like bank bribery, stock market and avatar.
pikachu315111, March 7, 2019 6:15 PM NST
* In a New Avatar (though include some Retired avatars. Now I know this one is a hot topic, and I don't think they should include many of the older plot/event Avatars. Here's a list which I think would be fair: Free Jhuidah, Heermeedjet, Meerouladen, TCG Wizard, Bilge Dice, Bilge Dice - Lucky Streak!, Lennies Rule, TCG - Wanna Play, BFM - Squished Spiders, IOM Moehog, Plushie Nova, Coco Roll, TCG - Return of Dr. Sloth Champion, Tooth Faerie, Altador Cup, Altador Cup - Staff Tourney, Gamesmaster Aaa, 10th Birthday, Daily Dare Staff Tournament, Festival of Neggs Y12, Daily Dare Neopets Staff Tournament, Festival of Neggs Y13, Site Spotlight, Charity Corner, Negg Basket Cybunny, Fall Charity Corner, Winter Charity Corner, Faerie Festival, Infirmary, Fiendish Formations, Charity Corner 2018, Comic Con 2018)
* Random Acts (let it last the whole month, you can increase the cost to 10k to balance it out)
* Bank Bribery (keep as is)
* Cheaper by the Dozen (keep as is)

And these are honestly the best ones to keep. Now there's a few I would radically change to the point they're new achievements:

* Healing Spring Fever (whenever you use the Healing Springs your Neopet is fully healed, healed of any disease, AND fully fed)
* Species Exchange (change a chosen Neopet to any other Neopet species, not just Limited Edition)
* Colour Spectrum (paint your Neopet any Colour they're available in; this include Lab Ray & Ice Bori)
dr_tomoe, March 7, 2019 6:17 PM NST
Keep the bank and stock boon, add the Faerie Caverns boon, let the avie boon include old avies that can never be gotten again like plot ones and Plushie Nova.
pikachu315111, March 7, 2019 6:34 PM NST
BUT I'm not done yet, since they took two perks from the Obelisk War why not some more:

* Black Market Goods
* Book Smarts
* Cartogriphication
* Five-Finger Discount
* LOL AVIES
* Refreshed Quest Request
* Right Round Round Round
* Scratch Master

As for some other ideas:

* Faerie Quester (every day for a week you can request to do a Faerie Quest (follows same rules as the Daily Faerie Quest event))
* Double Dip (you can redo the result of the following Dailies once a day for a week: Anchor Management, Apple Bobbing, Coltzan's Shrine, Deserted Tomb, Forgotten Shore, Fruit Machine, Giant Jelly, Giant Omelette, Kiko Pop, Lunar Temple, Meteor Crash Site, Mysterious Negg Cave, Qasalan Expellibox, Symol Hole, TDMBGPOP, Tombola)
* Free Admission (can do the following Dailies for free for a week: Buried Treasure, Faerie Caverns, Pick Your Own, Test Your Strength)
* Three Halves (for a week you can play 10 more games of Bagatelle, 10 more games of Coconut Shy, make 5 more bets in Food Club, buy 5 more Lottery tickets, & buy 500 more shares in the Stock Market)
pikachu315111, March 7, 2019 6:47 PM NST
Finally, they should just give us a set Perks that, for a few points, gives us a random item from a certain rarity range (pretty much copying how the old Charity Corners were like). So the ranges would be:

* r1-r79
* r80-r89
* r90-r97
* r98-r100

But in addition to that, I think a handful of the rare/very expensive r101+ items should be added to each category (especially from past plots, events, Lenny Conundrum prizes, Rare Item Code, Neocash Cards, etc..).
cloonshannagh, March 7, 2019 6:48 PM NST
Carry over:
***Bank Bribery***
Cheaper by the Dozen

Add:
Increase the size of gallery
dr_tomoe, March 7, 2019 6:58 PM NST
Also, this may be random, but does anyone know if the current Bank Bribery and Cheaper By the Dozen perk can be gotten again after the year of it passes?
1jediboy, March 7, 2019 7:11 PM NST
"As for some other ideas: "

Wow! These are great ideas!!! They should've made all of these!

I love the Double Dip boon concept!
Question: Are you allowed to double dip on every daily on that list? Or just one selective one?
theartofscreaming, March 7, 2019 8:51 PM NST
@1jediboy OH MY GOD YOUR PERKS I love them all, especially the portal to Neopia! The Matt LeBlanc one made me laugh out loud though!
1jediboy, March 7, 2019 10:03 PM NST
^Thank you! 😊

*digs around for Joey quote to use* *finds one*

Imitates Joey: I’m not even sorry. 🤤🍰
1jediboy, March 7, 2019 10:04 PM NST
^(I found a gif of Joey with chocolate cake on his face.)
1jediboy, March 7, 2019 10:30 PM NST
OOH! Perk 984,561: Flash-Back-button!(trademark):
Gives you the option to click a button and view what your Neopet WOULD HAVE looked like as an unconverted pet! (If they had an unconverted form to begin with.)
(Warning!: Not capable of any wearables!)
This way, the Unconverted Neopet requesters FINALLY get what they ask for without TNT going back on their word; Saying that unconverted is not going to be supported anymore.
jorgesgirlforlife, March 7, 2019 10:42 PM NST
More pet slots!
faellie_ridiculous, March 7, 2019 10:50 PM NST
They ruined Charity Corner in my estimation. There simply should have been more time in between events, and there were ways to prevent the negative impact on the economy that they did not consider. As usual, long term consequences not anticipated, and they listened to the loudest whiners, and made it worse. Also, not well-thought out. The first CC was exciting. Made the tedious donating worth it. The format and perks are now just boring for the most part. Nice to have greater bank interest and cheaper stocks and the ability to paint a pet. But doesn't match the thrill of getting a rare item. Anticipation...
darkseid, March 7, 2019 11:41 PM NST
A perk to get old retired avatars and items
annw, March 8, 2019 2:44 AM NST
Oh, thought of two more perks
upgrade gallery by 5 or 10 spaces
one week to transfer nc items to your sides without boxes
remy, March 8, 2019 2:44 AM NST
^ +1

I'd love any chance to get the Site Spotlight avatar.
stepupfairy, March 8, 2019 4:04 AM NST
Chance to get retired avatars or site themes please!
masterdeals, March 8, 2019 4:34 AM NST
Dave I got a tip!

The lost Heirloom prize shop is open! Please update the heirloom post!
maga_m, March 8, 2019 4:40 AM NST
Ugh no, I was hoping for the old system back. It was so much more fun to donate hoping that you'd receive a nice item rather than donate for days just in case some nice perk comes out... which wasn't even worth it in my opinion
smartypants902, March 8, 2019 5:31 AM NST
bank bribery and access to r90's items
fenix, March 8, 2019 6:38 AM NST
@onewinginthefire
Gonna monkey paw ya here.
Wish granted, but it costs 1 million charity points.
skayc11, March 8, 2019 6:49 AM NST
a stamp for the collections that are hard to get, battle equipment, book to read to my pets that is multi-use, bank bribery, the hold 60 items, axxess to r99 items,
debgil, March 8, 2019 8:33 AM NST
With all the leftover points from last time, I hope they don't just up the bank bribery/stock (if they keep those)cost so it is outrageous.
surferaj, March 8, 2019 10:23 AM NST
@ Dave -- I completely agree with your response about rare items a prizes and I like your idea about increasing the number of items that can be donated at one time.

I hope they keep both the Bank Bribery and Stock Perks; both of which should cost double or more in Prize Points.
jellysundae, March 8, 2019 2:49 PM NST
I'd like a perk that innoculated your pet against all diseases for a year. That seems do-able to me.
combustibles, March 9, 2019 10:17 AM NST
Perks get me angry...
themeepit32, March 9, 2019 6:24 PM NST
been seeing notable donors showing up
treerunner, March 10, 2019 10:12 PM NST
I'd love to see a perk that gives you avatars for something other than just clicking and have it available for at least 3 uses. Those stamp avatars for instance require insane amounts of neopoints to gain.

The "Bring Back the Old Days" to give you a nifty theme that you're missing, either because the plot took place BEFORE you started playing, or because for whatever reason you were unable to see the plot through to completion would be nice.

Species Change for a petpet. It'd be fantastic if you could get an Attack Pea for example. Have it be a single use perk with the added restriction that if you take it away from the pet it's attached to, it reverts back to it's original form (like the petpet lab ray does) restriction.

Perks that increase intelligence, speed, defense, agility or level are always welcome, especially if they are available for say 3-5 uses, and the increase is random.
kemerlei, March 12, 2019 2:10 AM NST
Bring Back the Old Days: Absolutely my favorite , even though in my opinion I got the worse two site themes. I would rather that you be able to choose what site theme/s you want, and pay a lot more, than get some random/s ones for 1 point.

Bank Bribery: A must!

Bigger is Better: Love it, very convenient.
corlafitte, March 16, 2019 10:22 AM NST
NEW
-Ability to change username once
-Ability to change neopet's name
-Granny Smith Key Quest Token