Knights vs. Raiders, let the challenge begin!
The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | GMC | Advent

New Holiday Theme
  • Posted on December 6, 2018, 7:14 am NST

A new theme called "Tis the Season" is now available when you visit anywhere on Neopets.

It's currently unclear if you need to do anything apart from visit a few pages to unlock this theme, as it seems to be auto-selected for you and added to your Site Preferences theme list. We'll update if that changes—in the meantime, enjoy a new theme (music and custom cursor images included!)

View Our Site Theme Guide »
moonlightwitch, 12/6/2018, 7:23 am NST

deedee60, 12/6/2018, 7:28 am NST
Awe, I love it! So cute!

warnerbroder, 12/6/2018, 7:33 am NST
First animated site theme?

shayyy, 12/6/2018, 7:55 am NST
I love this! Glad TNT is trying something new!

1mimi290, 12/6/2018, 8:30 am NST
I personally despise christmas. But honestly, Just to award this site theme for being unique, I will probs have it year round.

spabl, 12/6/2018, 8:40 am NST
Love it!! So festive!!

spabl, 12/6/2018, 8:40 am NST
I LOVE the falling snow on my usere lookup!!!

charlie_eppes_, 12/6/2018, 8:42 am NST
I think it's really cool that they animated it like this. It shows that they're trying some new things and it's working so I hop they're do some more. I'm just not a fan of it changing my stuff automatically.

sakeru187, 12/6/2018, 8:55 am NST
I don't like the cursor but love the theme itself ^_^ great job TNT!

spabl, 12/6/2018, 9:15 am NST
And there is music!! Ok, that is it, I am keeping it all year long!

azuresea, 12/6/2018, 9:48 am NST
This is so cute! I hope they do one or two for spring... I would love falling cherry blossom petals on the screen.

_sissiy_sis_369, 12/6/2018, 10:12 am NST
Could you add to the guide what the cursor images look like? I think there 3? I'm on phone so idk ;-;

purplebin, 12/6/2018, 10:28 am NST
They already changed the cursors! The elf hat was giving people trouble, I think, and now it's a red glove that used to be only on certain pages for some reason. I don't see the hat anywhere any more. The red glove changes to either a green glove or a hanging red ornament when over a link.

bonju, 12/6/2018, 10:31 am NST
It's cute but maybe a little much for me

atryeu, 12/6/2018, 10:39 am NST
I hate the cursor on that new theme I just want my plain arrow back Anybody know if I can manually change off that theme or is it forced no matter what?

mavegibson, 12/6/2018, 10:41 am NST
I agree, bonju, it's a bit much for me but I love that they are experimenting. I'd love a spring or summer themed one with ambient nature sounds or something.

alexisdawn, 12/6/2018, 11:10 am NST
The only page I went to was directly to site pref and it was there already. I changed to it and I love it!! I may keep it up year round. I am so glad I as able to change to it and wasn't forced into it too. I definitely hope they do more like that, maybe even letting us pick what cursor we want.

purplebin, 12/6/2018, 11:24 am NST
Oh, I see the elf hat cursor still shows up on the SSW.

targoefista, 12/6/2018, 12:01 pm NST
Anyone else getting anxiety over the cursors? Like, knowing I should be able to click things but having issues with it is making me super tense and my chest feel tight. I don't know why and I hate it. Would like it a lot better without the cursor.

inkpot, 12/6/2018, 12:23 pm NST
i. love. it.
good work tnt. it wasn't necessary but it sure is appreciated. the purple shades in this is just beautiful! and i love the falling snow!~~

purplebin, 12/6/2018, 1:05 pm NST
The footer images are a little squashed, and I see the notification icons are the same as for The Lost Heirloom, but maybe they will fix that once they are aware of it.

yllaille, 12/6/2018, 1:11 pm NST
I love the falling snow. Not a big fan of anything that changes my cursor but I don't mind for the season.

dave - JN Staff, 12/6/2018, 1:11 pm NST
Really like how this turned out, and that it was a nice surprise. Only things I would change would be to ditch the custom cursor entirely (that feels way too early 00's web design) and switch the falling snowflakes to only appear on select pages (like new features, the homepage and advent). The snowflakes are causing Firefox to rev my computer fans a bit if I have too many Neopets pages open.

purplebin, 12/6/2018, 1:12 pm NST
I see The Lost Heirloom site theme isn't in the guide yet...

dave - JN Staff, 12/6/2018, 1:16 pm NST
@purplebin: That one was preemptively added to the retired list:

Thought the story would be going a little quicker...

1jediboy, 12/6/2018, 2:01 pm NST
Reception seems pretty mixed. I think it's cool.

Banner looks nice. Animations look nice. Custom cursor looks nice. Music SOUNDS nice... it's good. Wouldn't mind activating it in December. I think I like my Meridell one better, though.

Maybe you guys can put up a poll? Polls are cool.

phenixia, 12/6/2018, 2:03 pm NST
Oh! Nice!!! I like ti very much!

serpentshrine, 12/6/2018, 2:13 pm NST
This site theme probably has the most details out of all site themes released

changes cursor, animated, and apparently has sound too? And I see there's snow falling all across the page.......... Honestly I love it, doesn't matter to me that there isn't any unique art on it. Hope we get to keep it!

maple_snow, 12/6/2018, 2:16 pm NST
This theme definitely is not friendly to older pcs/laptops. It turns Neopets into a dial-up experience.

beyondelsewhere, 12/6/2018, 2:49 pm NST
I thought it was from today's advent calendar, since that was the first page I went to. I like it, but I would like to turn off the cursor though.

elephante109, 12/6/2018, 3:24 pm NST
I like the falling snow! I'd love to see an autumn themed one with falling leaves!

cal_chetty, 12/6/2018, 3:47 pm NST
Changed back to Lost Heirloom as this new site theme was really messing with my computer speed :/ And it's only 4 years old. If my comp crashes Neo you owe me a new one

mistyraider, 12/6/2018, 4:00 pm NST
I like the new theme, it's pretty and all, BUT the cursor just makes me crazy, so I have changed back to Lost Heirloom. Wish I could have the Christmas theme without that cursor!

puffkins2000, 12/6/2018, 4:25 pm NST
I love the new theme, but it does make my computer slow. :/ And.... I don't quite like the cursor. I thought I was clicking pages and they weren't clicking for some reason.

chrissy, 12/6/2018, 6:30 pm NST
I love the new theme, i love everything about it, especially the falling snow and music. I hope we get to keep it all year. Nice surprise today!

1jediboy, 12/6/2018, 6:51 pm NST
I guess you could say this theme is like Marmite?

ironsides, 12/6/2018, 6:58 pm NST
never in my life did i expect an ANIMATED site theme with music and custom cursor from neopets. this is just...man am i feelin' cozy right now.

josie, 12/6/2018, 7:17 pm NST
So pretty. I really enjoy it

bodhi, 12/6/2018, 9:06 pm NST
Love it!

seven_dead_owls, 12/6/2018, 9:51 pm NST
My cursor is the same, has been all day no matter what page or where it hovers

What are all the different ones people are seeing?

lokaula, 12/6/2018, 10:20 pm NST
WOW!! What a nice surprise and on St Nick's Day no less!

katina_choovanski, 12/7/2018, 12:53 am NST
Ooo, falling leaves/Autumn theme. That's a wonderful idea elephante109. I am loving the falling snowflakes. Wish it wasn't giving ppl. sluggish computers though. That's no fun. Cursor is cute, but yeah, it's too much trouble.
*Starts a snowball fight! Hits at least 5 ppl. before they realize there are snowballs being thrown.*

1jediboy, 12/7/2018, 1:14 am NST
*PFFT* AUGH!!! THAT’S COLD!!! *sees it’s a snowball*
*scoops up a snowball and throws it loosely in the direction of where the one that hit him was thrown* *snowball DOESN’T hit Katina... but hits Cloonshannagh instead... by accident*

purslane, 12/7/2018, 2:16 am NST
not too bad - lots of cool interesting fancy things on this site theme but the character designs on it are plain lazy

combustibles, 12/7/2018, 7:34 am NST
Has anyone else experienced Neopets as being broken since this theme was released?? My super shop wizard isn't displaying correctly..

dave - JN Staff, 12/7/2018, 12:04 pm NST
@combustibles: It's been working relatively normal for me. I've noticed some odd text sizing on some pages, but nothing breaking my SSW.

If you need it, here's a direct link to change your theme to something else: http://www.neopets.com/preferences.phtml

katina_choovanski, 12/9/2018, 12:53 am NST
*Just keeps throwing random snowballs in every direction-not caring if they hit anyone or not. The first 5 were lucky.*
The ONLY issue I have with the site theme, is the pointer. It's a cute idea, but it's not accurate, and that's a pain. Especially when you're tryina hit the daggone Angelpuss! Sheesh. 7 times I had to play it. BUT, I loved the way that Barlow said "Ooo" was SO cute...
Cloonshannagh? Ireland? Wow, I didn't know I had it in me, lol.

1jediboy, 12/9/2018, 1:45 am NST
*gasp* I’m sorry! I wasn’t meant for... Had it in YOU!?!? *scoops another snowball and throws it at Katina... only to miss again and hit Dave... by accident*

1jediboy, 12/9/2018, 1:48 am NST
1jediboy: Sorry!
Big___shot: Allow me. 😏 *scoops enough snow to make a GIANT “Indiana Jones” sized boulder and throws it perfectly at Katina*

sycatt, 12/9/2018, 7:25 pm NST
I love the new animated Christmas site theme. My computer doesn't. Crashes my video drive. Had to change back to the Lost Heirloom. Someday I'll get a new computer and hopefully will get to use the new site theme.

lokaula, 12/9/2018, 9:20 pm NST
I had similar issues with the new site theme making my speak crash and when I tried switching it to a different site theme, the Advent Calendar won't load right...