Knights vs. Raiders, let the challenge begin!
The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Help us model your pets!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | GMC | Advent

Lyra and the Lost Heirloom Update
  • Posted on December 4, 2018, 10:16 am NST

This morning, the Lost Desert Daily has updated with a new edition:

Again, this just appears to be a story update, with no steps to complete as of yet.

UPDATE: The new features update today also brings along a new Neopedia entry, centered around General Dacon.
tyuio_k50, 12/4/2018, 11:33 am NST
I wonder if this is taking a 180 on TWR: now x100 more story and 1/10 the interaction

herdy - JN Staff, 12/4/2018, 11:38 am NST
I mean, more story is a stretch. They've climbed a wall so far, that's it

1jediboy, 12/4/2018, 12:33 pm NST
@tyuio_k50 - I’m cool with that.

cloonshannagh, 12/4/2018, 3:19 pm NST
Neopedia update in news!

cat, 12/4/2018, 3:34 pm NST
I'm fine with more story build-up but I hope the activities are fun.

1jediboy, 12/4/2018, 3:56 pm NST
"He isn’t the young commander he once was. Time has made some of his movements stiff and painful but his senses are still as sharp as ever."

Uh oh. This doesn't sound good for a returning character.

1jediboy, 12/4/2018, 4:52 pm NST
This post has been up 6 hours and only 6 comments? Why isn't anyone speculating!? Let's talk about the mini-plot! HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

pikachu315111, 12/4/2018, 5:19 pm NST
At first when I read the Daily Lost Desert I was worried what they would do with General Dacon. Then the Neopedia was released and, as 1jediboy mentioned, I'm hyped! While he's a side character I'm glad they're going the route they are with him and in doing so making him a bad@$$! Though with them mentioning his age I am worried if his character is going to come out alive or will this be his last hurrah.

Hmm, so they're trying to send a message to a member of the royal family and a thief. Methinks a certain Pink Ixi and Red Lupe are going to get involved (or more involved in Nabile's case; though good to see Tomos isn't forgotten)! Though speaking of royal family members, where is Vyssa? Heck, where is Adviser Wessle, Senator Barca, and Senator Palpus? Also Sankara is also technically still under house arrest in the palace.

And finally yet another treasure is mentioned, The Blaze. Hmm...

1jediboy, 12/4/2018, 6:11 pm NST
"Did you know? The number of Neohomes in the Lost Desert is 392,629! While this land may have violent sandstorms and quarrelling cities, we hear the commute isn’t bad."

Why would they suddenly bring this up in the news? (Clearly, the number pertains to the collection of classic and 2.0 neohomes. But why would they suddenly announce this?)

What is it's relevance/importance/significance? Maybe it's an avatar hint or a alluding to there being LOTS more to discover in the Lost Desert.

1jediboy, 12/4/2018, 6:13 pm NST
THAT'S the spirit, pikachu315111!

Maybe The Blaze is like what I was talking about previously. Ancient weapons of great connected significance! The Blaze sounds like it was forged in the fires of Moltara!

1jediboy, 12/4/2018, 6:21 pm NST
I fear, this might be the general's swan-song.
They wouldn't set that up if it weren't significant to the plot. It MIGHT mean he's just going to retire, however. At least they're giving him proper significance and notoriety.

The Collective Lost Desert royals under house arrest seems like a plot step in it of itself. Possibly asking them for information while trying to find out who's lying. Under these circumstances, it wouldn't be unusual for a traitor, feeding false information for their freedom, to emerge.

1jediboy, 12/4/2018, 6:23 pm NST
And who's the palace magician?

contessa, 12/4/2018, 9:34 pm NST
My Classic neohome is in the Lost Desert

Have not gotten around to doing a 2.0 one.

So, when do we actually get something to do in this plot??

sakibou, 12/4/2018, 10:40 pm NST
pikachu315111:

I assume you mean a Pink Ixi and a Red Kyrii?

1jediboy, 12/4/2018, 11:05 pm NST
^I thought that too, at first. He's not talking about Jazan. He's talking about Tomos.

pikachu315111, 12/5/2018, 3:41 am NST
@ sakibou:
As 1jediboy said, the thief would most likely be Tomos. Jazan was never presented as a Thief-like character and the only other Thieves that General Dacon would know (and are on friendlier terms with due to their connection with Nabile) would be Tomos and the sect of the Desert Scarabs he runs with.

kyrette, 12/5/2018, 6:53 am NST
I hope this mini-plot will not take forever to end, like TWR.

sketch, 12/5/2018, 7:33 am NST
Hey Awesome jn staff!! Could we possibly have a "Lyra and the Lost Heirloom" button on the side of the page or a link at the top of the page where "GMC" and "Advent" are, that way it's always there and easy to go check for updates?

jomarcenter, 12/5/2018, 7:34 am NST
It is me or the events happened in between the news and the story is pretty off or happening too fast.

sakeru187, 12/5/2018, 7:51 am NST
I like everything so far. I wish there was a step for us to do but the story is interesting to me and this Decon guy is cool. Also this sword? :o Sounds epic. I hope we get it as a prie in the end. I know there's Xendrik Scimitar in the prize shop but maybe we'll get a few things with any sort of plot trophy etc.