The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Earn NP from playing games!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Advent

TNT Community Updates 18/10
  • Posted on October 18, 2018, 5:48 am NST

TNT member Hardtotame has appeared again for another Q&A session, this time on the Help Chat. Here's a rundown of her answers:

Avatars

On fixing transparency issues with Stamp Avatars:

I'll talk to the art team about this.

On any additional changes to the Altador Stamp Avatar:

I read her page, and I respect her opinion. However, we will not be going back and changing the Altador stamp album avatar again.

On potential new game avatars:

We will only be releasing them if we know for sure that the game will soon be converted to HTML5.

On extending the requirements of the Rubbish Dump avatar so that the less rare, but still uncommon items qualify:

Not promising we'll change anything, but I'll look at alternatives.

Other Issues

On the idea of giving out retired Mystery Picture-only Stamps via the Mystery Picture contest again:

This sounds reasonable.

On the recent changes to rules on Guild contests, and the possibility for abuse:

This is not my jurisdiction, but we have started a discussion about the rules based on feedback we've been seeing. I'll add this point to our discussion, and see what the others think. If there are any changes to the rule, we'll have an official announcement - if not, I'll be back to chat on the Guilds board.

On TNT's current priorities:

Okay, this one took a long time to answer - I had to have a hurried discussion with our Producer, and I'm still holding back a few details because we've seen several projects scrapped in the past and I don't want to overcommit, but here goes -

Long term - moving our main features away from Flash, identifying methods/technology to use so that future releases are mobile compatible, and increasing site security

Short term projects that you can expect to see soon - a mini plot (along with a map update), and if all goes well a separate mini event even before the plot goes live. We're also looking at updates/improvements to the features you normally get for December. Then of course, there's GMC later next month.

As an ongoing project, we try to identify fixes/improvements that we can focus on each week to move the site forward

On the idea of more Neoboard pens:

The neoboards is one of those features we haven't really touched so far, so I really don't know what the team would have to say about this

On a variety of opinions about changes to the Battledome being recorded by TNT:

I have realized, as you rightly pointed out, through my own mistakes, that there is often an unrepresented side to many arguments. However, when we come out and ask for opinions, (like through the BD survey), we expect anyone who cares to respond and give us a good picture of what our user base wants. For HP increase, we've got the numbers. For other features - like the Throw Pillows one, we do have our own opinions on how we want things to work, and we will make decisions accordingly.

On Limited Edition pets not being released on their pet days:

This is a lapse on our part, sorry. For the Jetsams, we'll give you a heads up in the news and then release them the next day. Yes, Limited Edition Neopets will be available to create on their actual pet days going forward.

On the potential to have Lutaris able to be transferred:

It's unlikely we'll do that.

As a reminder, Hardtotame will be back next week on Thursday 25th October, at 5.30 PM on the Site Events Neoboard.

novelista, October 18, 2018 8:02 AM NST
I can tell I'm only keeping up with the site via JN now...I had no idea about the change in the rules in guild contests.
biediep, October 18, 2018 9:03 AM NST
No more changes to the Altador stamp av, huh? The red text bothers me SO much.. The MQ stamp av has the same horrible problem that's bothered me since it got released and now they did the same thing for this one.. Guess it's just another avatar I'll never use again, now.
1jediboy, October 18, 2018 12:03 PM NST
I don’t want HP increase. If that happens we won’t be able to harvest codestones from the Koo Warrior anymore! Or harvest Neocola tokens from the Kreludor mine guard robot! After enough battles they will be too strong!

Small remedy: the prizes get better with every battle? 😇
1jediboy, October 18, 2018 12:03 PM NST
Koi
kyrette, October 18, 2018 12:19 PM NST
Why can't they make Lutaris transferrable, I wonder? Like Magma pets can be transferred between accounts?
And did someone say MINI PLOT? MAP UPDATE? YEAH!
solestri, October 18, 2018 1:02 PM NST
I also think the HP increase for battledome opponents sounds like a terrible idea, and kind of renders 1-player Battledome pointless, especially for players who aren't utterly obsessed with training. I know they want "a good picture of what [their] user base wants", but sometimes I think the only people who respond to surveys are the people who are really hardcore about a particular area.
dave - JN Staff, October 18, 2018 1:30 PM NST
@solestri @jediboy: The HP increase isn't for you, to be honest. It *is* for the hardcore Battledome community, which they deserve IMO.

Whenever HP increase has been discussed in the past, it's always been described/desired to be a 4th "difficulty" level, not a replacement for how the Battledome functions today with the 3 difficulty levels. So you'll still have the Battledome as-is for how you enjoy it today, and hardcore Battledomers will have a new (or returning, really) area for them to enjoy.
1jediboy, October 18, 2018 1:31 PM NST
I might be dedicated but I wouldn’t call myself hard-core. I have… Admittedly a lot of collections and my battle pets training, even if it is important, is not necessarily my highest priority.
1jediboy, October 18, 2018 1:32 PM NST
^ I was writing that before I saw your post.
1jediboy, October 18, 2018 1:33 PM NST
Really? Count as a fourth difficulty level that wouldn’t replace system we have? That sounds reasonable!
1jediboy, October 18, 2018 1:40 PM NST
(Also, if I sounded whiny, I apologize. I am grateful with what I have, and will adapt to near any change that comes to this site.)
recklesse, October 21, 2018 10:15 AM NST
Well, Friday's news post announced that Jetsams would be released 'tomorrow' and there's still no sign of them. Looks like whoever HTT poked over at corporate forgot to push the switch (again!!).
recklesse, October 22, 2018 12:46 AM NST
Available Limited Edition Neopets:
None. Sorry!

It's Monday now, and still nothing.

I'm not holding my breath for any more reliable future LE pet releases at this point.