Earn NP from playing games!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

TNT Community Updates, Oct 4th
  • Posted on October 4, 2018, 10:48 am NST

hardtotame has once again hit the Neoboards to answer questions from Neopians. She was on the boards earlier this morning, from 4:00-5:00 AM NST. She will be next returning on October 10th, from 9:30-10:30 PM NST on the Ideas/Suggestions board.

Here's a summary of her answers from this morning:

Games
Regarding changes to Plushie Tycoon:

Plushie tycoon - [making changes] has been brought up before, we'll see when we get there.

Regarding updates to fixing World Challenges:

World Challenge - nope, we've had a lot come our way.

Regarding adding high score tables/avatars for trophy collectors:

As for the recognition for trophy collectors, I still think those are ideas worth considering, but we haven't gotten there yet.

Regarding glitches with some user accounts who cannot get onto high score tables or obtain game avatars:

we know there are some accounts that are having trouble with high score tables. I'm not sure what progress has been made, but I can check.

Asking if there are any updates to prizes for Illusen/Jhudora quests:

no, unfortunately.

Guilds
Regarding purging old ones:

Guild purge - never discussed it, but I can make a note of it so we can talk about it and see what we think.

Prize Updates
Regarding the King Skarl prize pool:

King Skarl Prize Pool - not sure if i mentioned this before - this was all done and ready to go, but the programmer was asked to rewrite the entire code (it was old) and then he put the whole project off for a while while finishing off other assignments. I've been pestering him about it for a while now, so I'm hoping he'll get back to it soon.

And the King Skarl Collectable Charm that is frequently asked about:

The charm is not active right now.

Avatars
Regarding updating the recently released slew of stamp avatars to use the suggestions from a community-made petition:

Yes, nearly all of the stamp avatar images have been updated to have transparent backgrounds. As for the petition, it was decided by the team that we will only update the Altador stamp avatar, and that is ready. Should be out next week, if not this one.

Regarding the re-release of long retired stamps:

Re-release of stamps - I can't say anything about this right now, but it's very much on our priority list.

Regarding the fixing of the broken Halloween Mynci avatar:

yes, we are aware of it. You're right, this is a nice time to get that fix out. I'll talk to Donny and see what he can do.

Asking to make sure the new Rubbish Dump avatar is working:

it's working :) People have been getting it. It's not time-restricted.

Regarding updating the Petpetsitter avatar, due to its score being very hard to get on modern PCs:

We'll probably have someone evaluate this and then decide whether a change is warranted.

Regarding giving the Vandagyre a default-style avatar:

TNT no like timelines, but Vandagyres do deserve an avatar of their own.

Asking for an update on the AAA's Revenge avatar:

nothing for now.

Charity Corner Perks Shop
Regarding the use of unused points:

This was being worked on with great vigour, until the programmer had to put it aside to meet a few other deadlines. It's not being worked on at the moment, but I'm hoping she can get back to work as soon as work lets down a bit. I don't want to hint at dates, because that rarely ever turns out well

Changing Pet Names
Regarding being able to change your Neopet's name, even as a paid service:

I think it's come up a few times, but it's not something we're actively considering right now. We've got a lot on our plates right now, so it may be a while before we start looking at projects like this again.

Yucky Gourmet Foods/Boring Books
Regarding doing something about Neopets who find certain food and books undesirable:

Neocash Cards
Regarding selling them again in stores (Australia asked about specifically):

this is not something I have any say in, or have any knowledge about, I'm sorry.

British-isation
Regarding making sure the site content adheres to British spellings and words:

good point. I think some of us could do with a reminder of our roots.

HTTPS for Neopets
Regarding bringing Neopets.com over to the HTTPS protocol:

yes, it's one of the things that are actively being worked on.

More Map Updates
Regarding the potential update of a "Jelly World" map:

what strange ideas you have, my dear.

Regarding updating the Meridell map to have bigger link boxes:

Meridell map is going to be tweaked a bit in due time to make it easier to use and to put the Symol Hole back in there.

Regarding how many more map updates we'll see in 2018:

I really can't say.

Neoboard Chat Filters
Regarding updating them to be less strict and allow users to talk about their uncles eating grapes:

There is nothing being done about the filters at the moment.

Premium
Regarding being able to transfer your 6th pet (it's currently not possible to do so):

I did ask my colleagues to look into this, but not sure what happened thereafter. I will follow up.

Events
Regarding a continuation of the Wraith Resurgence plot:

not in the foreseeable future

Regarding an update on Magon, and how he fared in the Court of Knowledge:

we haven't forgotten. You'll hear more about his trial soon.
1jediboy, 10/4/2018, 1:08 pm NST
Reads:

More Map Updates
Regarding the potential upda- *GASP* 0_0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Wobbleshire cometh.

kyrette, 10/4/2018, 2:45 pm NST
How come no one on the first two pages asked about the pet slots? (it's almost been one year since an extra one was added!) I still miss old TNT, but I'm glad these guys are communicating so effectively with the community.

alex, 10/4/2018, 3:43 pm NST
As far as I can tell she didn't say anything at all.

gamer_5_55_555, 10/4/2018, 3:50 pm NST
JN (or someone else), can you organize these into "done, some progress, no progress" categories?

Most of them are "nothing to report" or "we didn't start on this yet"

serpentshrine, 10/4/2018, 5:34 pm NST
While I don't mind being told "not yet/no" on some things, it woulda been nice to hear more about progress in this QnA

dave - JN Staff, 10/4/2018, 5:55 pm NST
I think the problem with wanting more than just "not yet/no" is that the Q&A's are guided by user questions--and users probably have a small chance of actually asking about the specific roadmap items that TNT have on their plate.

We got a few glimpses here and there of what's in the works, but hardtotame isn't offering up any sort of formal "here's what's on the immediate to-do list, here's medium term, and here's longer term". And I think she's treating this as more of a way to generate ideas for what to add to the medium/longer term.

So just because most things are "not yet/no", I think it's still good that they're being asked about so that TNT is thinking about them. Just remember back to some of these earlier Q&A's, people were asking about new avatars, creative contest prize updates, deleting PB clothing, and more, and we've now gotten all of those.

inkpot, 10/4/2018, 5:55 pm NST
a trophy/avatar for people with the most trophies?? i don't know, imo that seems a bit redundant. your collection of trophies is reward enough, isn't it? that's what that part of your ul is for, to show case your efforts and all the amazing trophies you worked toward. now ppl want a trophy for all their trophies? the heck? seriously sounds like a joke to me.

cal_chetty, 10/4/2018, 6:44 pm NST
Yucky Gourmet Foods/Boring Books
"we've discussed a workaround to that, not sure when it may be implemented though."
^omg yes

kyrette, 10/4/2018, 7:25 pm NST
To clarify what I posted earlier: What I'm glad about is that TNT is opening these Q&A's and are actually acting on them. And the boring book things, YES, I hope they do that, as changing languages doesn't work for the newer books.

krawkedattitude, 10/4/2018, 7:32 pm NST
I wasn't online at the time, if someone gets the opportunity, could you please ask about the premium neocards? if you buy the yearly plan you just stop receiving them, there are people that has missing them while being premium since 2007 x.x it's horrible

josh, 10/4/2018, 10:14 pm NST
@krawkedattitude

There has been a issue for a while where the process that awards the card fails. You just need to send in a ticket and they will award them normally.

ichabodisitchy, 10/4/2018, 10:28 pm NST
So basically, next to nothing is being worked on.

cat, 10/4/2018, 11:47 pm NST
TNT sound like they're really busy with something.

itaxerxes, 10/5/2018, 12:44 am NST
No World Challenges and still not working on the CC points. Very disappointing

lucy_haha, 10/5/2018, 4:13 am NST
How come there's no quote on the Kaia quest being able to obtain in Chinese or not? I know JN is a English site, but it fails to adress on the NC discrimination on languages like Chinese. It might be not a concern to the English users, but at least Chinese community used to be much larger than now and I think it's pretty important to remind people about not able to grab some NC stuffs in other languages, just in case someone is bilingual and can understand the reminder in English.

skiasma, 10/5/2018, 6:11 am NST
I'm just glad she responded to my question about the site losing the UK feel. I know it's not as urgent a question as most, but it does make Neopets different.

dave - JN Staff, 10/5/2018, 3:13 pm NST
@cat: This is usually an eventful time of year, at least in terms of producing content. We have Halloween (trick-or-treating + Haunted Hijinks), GMC in November, and Advent all December. hardtotame is responsible for most site content, so I imagine she's been very busy planning and directing the above.