Vonroo alert!

Earn NP from playing games!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards

Birthday Alert:
For today only, visit New Features for the Happy Birthday! avatar. [Close Alerts]
Legends and Letters App Trailer Posted
  • Posted on September 10, 2018, 5:17 pm NST

Neopets has posted a trailer on Youtube for the upcoming Legends and Letters mobile app! This is the same video they had playing on loop at the July Comic-Con event, and which we posted a video of back then. So nothing new right now, but hopefully this means the release is looming closer!

If you missed it, read up on our coverage from this past July on the items announced at Comic-Con:

Read our Comic-Con Coverage »
1jediboy, 09/10/2018, 5:21 pm NST
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*fans face excitedly*

1jediboy, 09/10/2018, 5:22 pm NST
(Who's the voice actor?!)

sakeru187, 09/10/2018, 5:46 pm NST
That's definitely a neat trailer though ^_^

annagd, 09/10/2018, 5:58 pm NST
MONTERS
Spellchecking is hard you guys... *^*

kyrette, 09/10/2018, 6:10 pm NST
This looks surprisingly nice! :o I'm glad NetDragon is taking an interest in releasing Neopets games. I hope this attracts more players, the site needs them.

inkpot, 09/10/2018, 6:13 pm NST
surprisingly nice va.

insane000illusions, 09/10/2018, 7:44 pm NST
wow actual talking :o

wlo68, 09/10/2018, 8:05 pm NST
VICIOUS FOES
*shows completely friendly character*

josie, 09/10/2018, 8:41 pm NST
I'm really looking forward to this game.

piratepaintrox5, 09/10/2018, 10:02 pm NST
>VICIOUS FOES
>Aldric Beign

1jediboy, 09/10/2018, 10:55 pm NST
"wow actual talking :o "

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!?!?!

themeepit32, 09/11/2018, 10:39 am NST
"Monsters"
Shows a helpful and more good Goregas

1jediboy, 09/11/2018, 10:41 am NST
I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF!!! I wanna talk about the animation!

Who did it? Clearly, by the comparison between this and the Advent Calendar, it's not the same studio.

Who was the voice actor? Does anyone know? Anyone!? ANYONE?!?!?!

Do you think this could lead to anything...MOOOOORE!?!?!?!?!
(I'm so Neo-mation hungry! )

Maybe since Jumpstart has a thing with Dreamworks Animation, there could be a MOVIE!!! *eye veins bulge* *someone reading this got concerned* I know not SOON... but eventually!

( Why can't they just bring back Neovision as an animation platform?! Why am I so hungry for Neo-mation?! WHY DID HE EAT HIS DAUGHTER'S FRIES?!?!?! )

1jediboy, 09/11/2018, 10:42 am NST
AND DOESN'T EVEN LOOK HER IN THE EYES!!!!!

twocue, 09/11/2018, 4:47 pm NST
Dude.... I definitely want more of this too.

timesamyth, 09/11/2018, 5:17 pm NST
this is pretty cool actually

zen, 09/11/2018, 7:43 pm NST
I was definitely pleasantly surprised by the quality of this video. TNT has been putting in a lot of work lately to make better content and fix what's broken, and, personally, I think it shows, especially since we're seeing actual results.

I'm on somewhat of a hiatus right now from Neopets, but the amount of work they've been putting in lately means I'm usually checking the site and JN at least a couple times a day.

pikachu315111, 09/11/2018, 8:00 pm NST
Feels a bit odd for the Krawk to be referring to himself and others as "Neopets" instead of "Neopians". It's not incorrect, but it's like someone saying "I'm not like most other humans" instead of "I'm not like most other people".

1jediboy, 09/11/2018, 9:26 pm NST
^If you follow THAT logic, "Neopians" would seem like their equivalent to our "Earthlings."

It all depends on who he's talking to. Maybe this conversation isn't canon to the game/world, and it's exclusively toward the player as a means of cleaner explanation or epilogue.

Maybe it's intended for NEW users who are unfamiliar with the term "Neopians" and both terms are capable of being used. "Neopets" is the term NEW users will be familiar with because it's the name they're GREETED with the moment they enter the fandom.

mavegibson, 09/12/2018, 10:23 am NST
I hate to be a wet blanket, but I really didn't like this. It's too 'Saturday morning cartoons' for me, and looked really cheesy. Some of the imagery was cool, but the whole package didn't work for me.

1jediboy, 09/12/2018, 11:00 am NST
^But Saturday morning had the BEST cartoons!
They were just so unreachable being on so early!

a_lost_cat, 09/12/2018, 3:24 pm NST
At the last screen with the neopia, Ive identified all land but what's that area just south east of moltara? Looks like some german tudor style house, new land maybe?

pikachu315111, 09/12/2018, 4:15 pm NST
@ a_lost_cat:
Do you mean the building between Mystery Island and Faerieland? No idea, the map is reorganized (and Faerieland is back in the sky, and Neopia Central and Lutari Island look to have been excluded).

I am seeing some places I can't recognize either. Particular a yellow castle between Meridell & Shenkuu, a building on a rocky pass with a waterfall between Meridell & Neovia/Haunted Woods.

As for this being a hint of a new world, eh... high hopes there. If these are actual locations they're probably just for the game's story.

1jediboy, 09/12/2018, 4:54 pm NST
@pikachu315111 & pikachu315111 - Might I just call to attention the geyser SMACK-DAB in the middle of the Maraquan Circle? I like that little detail there.

pikachu315111, 09/12/2018, 5:25 pm NST
@1jediboy:
Don't get me wrong, I like the image. (and how else were they gonna represent Maraqua without making the water transparent?). There's just some oddities due to them squeezing every world on one side.

1jediboy, 09/12/2018, 6:47 pm NST
Oh! I just realized that Maraqua isn’t showing! I was referring to the water spout as the middle of the “Maraquan Circle” as revealed in the Krawk Island Book of Ages page.

*I meant “a_lost_cat” & pikachu315111.
@pikachu - Did you see the thing I said about “Neopians?”

pikachu315111, 09/13/2018, 3:52 am NST
@1jediboy:
Yes I did! Admittedly the terminology is confusing due to the identity hierarchy. In real life its Earthing (planet) > Human (species) > Person (general). But for Neopets is seems to be Neopian (planet) > Neopet (species) > Neopet's Species (specific species) > Neopian (general). "Neopian" is used to both describe being from the planet Neopia as well as a general term.

As for who he's talking too, obviously it's the player who is human. Thus saying "Neopet" isn't that odd in that context. Still, just sounds a bit strange.

mavegibson, 09/13/2018, 10:51 am NST
Yes, the phrasing is strange, and the voice is. It doesn't seem like it was created by someone who is immersed enough in Neopia to understand how to make the message sound appropriate.

1jediboy, 09/13/2018, 11:58 am NST
But if they said "Neopian" then it wouldn't make sense to new users.
It was probably written that way to take new users into account.

Say... Do you think there will be more videos in the game? Kind of like the "Professor Layton" series?

Game: Who do you want to voice what characters in the game?
Name a random Neopian and what voice actor/actress you feel fits them.

I'll go first: I feel Dr. Sloth would be voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.

combustibles, 09/14/2018, 9:18 am NST
Wow I thought I'd be impressed with JumpStart ever since Comiccon.. Now I'm just back to being depressed.

The animation is so terrible, the art is so terrible (except for the pre-JS stuff) and you can really tell this wasn't made in-house...

1jediboy, 09/19/2018, 11:46 am NST
I can't let the comment section end like that!

This video was hopefully a step in the right direction! Maybe inspiring a new wave of Neopians who want to grow up to be animators!

Neopets is ALWAYS a beautiful, inspiring world! May every bit of pure art like this commercial continue the endless cycle of creativity and inspiration!

I hope to see more like this not only from Neopets themselves, but by users who were so inspired that they animated their OWN Neo-mations!

Here's to the animation renaissance! May Neopets one day put it's hat in the ring with the rest of the greats like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and The Amazing World of Gumball!