Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Earn NP from playing games!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Rubbish Dump Avatar Update
  • Posted on September 3, 2018, 9:57 am NST

Late last night hardtotame gave an update on the Avatars/NeoSignatures Neoboard about the state of the Rubbish Dump avatar (you may remember the previous editorial said we'd be getting hints about the solution):

The Truth About the Rubbish Dump Avatar is that it is currently glitched. Apologies for the delay in verifying - we were all oblivious to the fact that it was deactivated by binary_supagoo, and were constantly checking with the one who programmed it. He kept telling us it should be working fine, and that he'd verify once he gets a chance. He finally did, which is when we found out!

Now he must fix whatever it was supagoo wanted before it goes live again, and we'll let you know when that happens.

UPDATE: More information has been posted about the Rubbish avatar:

It was a clickable for about 30 minutes that day. For all other accounts, it was actually being awarded in the backend to the right people from the time it was released (without notifications), and the eligible accounts only got notifications once it was fixed. Then it was deactivated because supagoo wanted the programmer to rewrite the code differently.

It was more a collective mistake than any one person's mistake, and I never intended to blame anyone at all. I spoke and apologized on behalf of the team, and I only used names so I don't have to keep saying 'the one who programmed it' and 'the one who deactivated it' and 'programmer 1' and 'programmer 2' and on and on :) In fact, I avoided 'programmer 2's name so you don't pounce on him but it appears that using any name at all is better avoided.

> Does this mean whatever requirements it had were being credited retroactively?

Yes. And we'll make sure it's not a clickable when it's pushed live again

When the avatar was deactivated, the notifications stopped too. Once it goes live again, all eligible users will be awarded the avatar once more, if they didn't receive it already.
kat, 09/3/2018, 10:00 am NST
good teamwork there xD

cloonshannagh, 09/3/2018, 10:09 am NST
Right hand and left hand.

bonju, 09/3/2018, 11:13 am NST
At least they are being honest

biediep, 09/3/2018, 12:43 pm NST
Facepalm

1jediboy, 09/3/2018, 12:52 pm NST
Wha sup, Agoo?

suikin, 09/3/2018, 2:29 pm NST
very lol.

dustin, 09/3/2018, 5:35 pm NST
We figured as much.

1jediboy, 09/3/2018, 6:40 pm NST
^WHOLE thread = Doge meme.

13germandames, 09/4/2018, 7:17 am NST
This isn't on-topic for this, but I had a pet that was changed to zombie via the lab ray, and then after that was changed to zombie by the portal. The effects are reversed now, but they didn't take my lab ray zap into account, so he's back to being a blue Bori. Should I wait and submit a ticket after giving TNT a chance, or should I just accept this for what it is lol

cloonshannagh, 09/4/2018, 8:26 am NST
@13germandames Does your pet want to be a Zombie? I was thrilled that all my effects were reversed. (By accident, BBB got herself changed. It took great faith in TNT not to rush out to buy a brush at once.*lol*)

dave - JN Staff, 09/4/2018, 9:25 am NST
@13germandames: Changes in colour via the Lab Ray aren't considered when rolling back portal jumps. Instead, your Neopet goes back to the colour/species it was when you first jumped. Not sure if that's a bug or not.

josie, 09/4/2018, 10:50 am NST
Thanks so much for the update on the avatar

flyingchair, 09/4/2018, 11:26 am NST
Not sure if this is the same thing, but in case the data helps: My pet was Maraquan when first jumping. Then changed to chocolate via lab ray. Then changed to zombie via portal jump. It is now chocolate again.

_kingdomheartsf_68, 09/4/2018, 11:36 am NST
Dang it, Binary_Supagoo! Well, that explains that. At least we know what's up now, haha.

1jediboy, 09/4/2018, 1:11 pm NST
@13germandames "Does your pet want to be a Zombie? I was thrilled that all my effects were reversed."

Ditto! My son was turned zombie because of this and I was so afraid for him! I was FURIOUS at this... This... "portal master" for allowing such a thing to happen! (My baby! )

purplebin, 09/5/2018, 10:42 am NST
They changed the Good Day avatar. The text is different and the Banker is to one side to show the vault opening and a pile of NP inside.

contessa, 09/5/2018, 1:26 pm NST
That explains a lot - I at one time had nine Binary_Supagoo before they "took" the extras away. Only problem was they were still there, just invisible! I finally got rid of them one at a time by spinning on wheels and getting the Pant Devil or something else that takes an item from your inventory