Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
A searchable database of Neopets images
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Brightvale Event Coming + Avatar Hints
  • Posted on August 25, 2018, 10:44 am NST

Yesterday, TNT posted some updates in the Editorial about the Brightvale event that we posted about earlier this week (and that hasn't gone anywhere yet!):

The Brightvale event is coming next week, apologies for all the build up we wanted to ensure testing was all complete.

We'll have a guide going and a new news post up once there's actually something to do!

In addition, apparently the new Rubbish Dump avatar is obtainable, but we're not doing it right!

There seems to be some trouble obtaining the newest avie so we will release some new clues next week on how to grab it for yourself.
boblol2, 08/25/2018, 11:38 am NST
👌 Love the communication, TNT.

cloonshannagh, 08/25/2018, 11:57 am NST
*sings* Tradition... Jellyneo will keep us informed. TG!

1jediboy, 08/25/2018, 12:05 pm NST
*sticks head in portal* AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

*pulls head out* Mimes... Nothing but mines!

1jediboy, 08/25/2018, 1:48 pm NST
^reference to something.

melinda_kacheek, 08/25/2018, 3:20 pm NST
If it doesn't involve cake, I'll be very disappointed.

1jediboy, 08/25/2018, 3:58 pm NST
It technically involves a tuna fish sandwich. Is that good enough?

1jediboy, 08/25/2018, 3:58 pm NST
And a whole world made ENTIRELY of pastrami.

inkpot, 08/25/2018, 6:39 pm NST
uuuuugh.
this post got me excited at first glance. thought the event finally started but NO. :c

katina_choovanski, 08/25/2018, 9:51 pm NST
I'm with inkpot.

trisangum, 08/25/2018, 10:23 pm NST
There's a portal at Snowager

trisangum, 08/25/2018, 10:26 pm NST
And Dubloon-O-Matic

mistyraider, 08/26/2018, 5:11 am NST
The Jeweled Encrusted Key is back in the mall -- does this mean they'll use it for Brightvale event?
. . . or maybe just a glitch.

nightshadeswiftswing, 08/26/2018, 6:32 am NST
I thought there were people on the boards that already had the avatar?
From what I recall it was time based

purplebin, 08/26/2018, 7:57 am NST
I don't think the Jewel Encrusted Key ever left the mall.

aietra, 08/26/2018, 8:23 am NST
I've got the avatar! Got it on the first day it came out! No idea how or why - just checked the rubbish dump as the usual part of my dailies and there was an avatar I hadn't seen before! I checked it between midnight and 1am NST, there were several rows of things available to grab, and it was awarded on the first screen, before I'd clicked anything to try and claim.

topaz644, 08/26/2018, 9:10 am NST
I hope the hints they give don't make the solution obvious. I mean a reason why we haven't figured it out is many of us stopped trying, believing it was glitched or even in-activated. (unactivated?)

Now that we know it isn't more will try.

ambernicolebeach1, 08/26/2018, 10:22 am NST
Ive read elsewhere that its happening at certain times at the rubbish dump. Maybe everyones is different.

1jediboy, 08/26/2018, 1:18 pm NST
Maybe it depends on what you have in your inventory? Like if you have more than 1M worth in items and visit the dump?

(P.S. That was a Jimmy Neutron reference I made.)

topaz644, 08/26/2018, 6:13 pm NST
I hope it's not a different time for everyone. We already have to keep a time clock for the Magma Pool. Maybe there should be an avie for painting a pet Magma. I will never paint magma unless that happens.

Also I sure hope it doesn't have to do with discarding things as we already have a Rubbish Avie for that.

josie, 08/26/2018, 9:42 pm NST
I'm very excited for this event to start, and I'm definitely looking forward to getting some clues on how to get the avatar.

recklesse, 08/27/2018, 4:46 am NST
I would guess the avatar is released at a random different time each week or maybe each month, so visiting the dump as part of your dailies would eventually get it.

But, it looks like a lot of people would prefer it to be more fixed and think it's broken, so maybe TNT will change it.

purplebin, 08/27/2018, 11:05 am NST
The Brightvale event has begun!
It lasts 7 days, with today and tomorrow counting as one day. There is an NC component.

Read the FAQ first! There is a warning about sending a pet through the portal, but it is not clear enough or specific enough.
Your pet can change color (so NO UCs should go through!), stats, or health. The effects will be reversed at the end of the week. I don't know if we can heal them on our own in the meantime. I'm sending non-battle pets.

purplebin, 08/27/2018, 11:17 am NST
Oh, apparently if you have a UC pet active it won't even let you participate until you switch active pets, according to someone on the boards.

starleogirl09, 08/27/2018, 11:18 am NST
My first prize of the event is Honour in Conduct.
And you need to wait 6 hours before trying another portal

purplebin, 08/27/2018, 11:32 am NST
The prizes are random, and the one I got is not a new one. I think there are some new ones in the mix, though.

itaxerxes, 08/27/2018, 11:41 am NST
Got a book and my pet didn't change but I used my active, so a colour change wouldn't matter too much and she has already negative stats due to REs, so stat loses don't matter as well.

xxsinger, 08/28/2018, 10:48 am NST
Maybe have a kacheek as active and any kacheek plushie in inventory?

recklesse, 08/28/2018, 3:26 pm NST
Maybe have a kacheek as active and any kacheek plushie in inventory?
--------

I doubt every player who got it in that 3 hour window on that one day fulfilled those criteria. Everybody who visited then got it as far as I know.

thighs1, 08/28/2018, 6:41 pm NST
Maybe one of the items that's being donated by "yourself" has to show up in the Dump, AND it has to be at a certain time.

1jediboy, 08/28/2018, 9:40 pm NST
Maybe you donate a junk item, feel bad you got rid of it, and get the avatar when you go to get it back.