Create your own wishlists!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

Overpowered Bonus Rare Item Code Sale
  • Posted on August 17, 2018, 11:23 am NST

Overpowered is running a promotion for Neopets merchandise bundles and bonus Rare Item Codes.

For anything you purchase in the bonus codes category, you'll receive 5 Rare Item Codes for each item in the bundle. So for example, if you purchase a 3 item bundle, you'll get 15 individual Rare Item Codes for you to redeem on Neopets.

We've also received word from Overpowered that there have been new items created for this set of codes. (Check out the previously available items in our Item Database.) Once we get confirmation on the new items, we'll update this post. (Please post in the comments if you purchase and redeem a code!)

UPDATE: Here are the new items so far:

Check It Out »
joe, 08/17/2018, 11:39 am NST
Except they raised the price of one pin to $25 in order to offer said "bonus" codes.

ummy - JN Staff, 08/17/2018, 11:40 am NST
Are these new code items exclusive to this sale?

dave - JN Staff, 08/17/2018, 11:43 am NST
Yea, you're paying for the Rare Item Codes in this case.

@ummy: No idea if they're exclusive to the sale or not.

tyuio_k50, 08/17/2018, 12:13 pm NST
They're really devaluing these products - driving the value of these codes into the ground by having such a small pool of prizes available alongside these numerous "bonus codes." Such a limtied pool with mroe and more codes is soon going to be worthless.

Also they raised the price? For a "promotion?"

It's plastic Can they really raise its real-world valuing by attaching more virtual stuff? Seems closer to grey-market NP sales

sithra, 08/17/2018, 12:17 pm NST
I got a Kool Rainbow Kougra Bobblehead from my first code.

blu, 08/17/2018, 12:19 pm NST
Twenty five dollars for a pin?? What, are they gold plated? It's not a bonus promotion if you're paying for extra codes. Ridiculous.

vivand, 08/17/2018, 12:26 pm NST
I bit and bought one... lol. I got an item called "Baby Charm" from four of the cards (kind of a rip off haha) and I got an item called "Limited Edition Neo Manga" from another.

purplebin, 08/17/2018, 12:37 pm NST
So it sounds like the new bonus items aren't wearable?

sithra, 08/17/2018, 1:15 pm NST
I forgot to say I also got a Usuki Game Console from my codes.

topaz644, 08/17/2018, 1:49 pm NST
Wow. The prices. I paid 20 bucks for 3 pins.

You can over milk a cash cow *lol*

1jediboy, 08/17/2018, 2:32 pm NST
*otaku powers: ACTIVATE!*

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! HAVE TO HAAAAAAAAAAVE!!!!!!!!!! XD

josie, 08/17/2018, 3:09 pm NST

heather, 08/17/2018, 3:57 pm NST
Does anyone know by chance if the charm can be added to the album, and if the Manga can be read to a pet? << This! Please answer

1jediboy, 08/17/2018, 4:27 pm NST
^Da!

lovelytoes, 08/17/2018, 4:43 pm NST
Codes are cool and all but have any of us actually gotten the keychains/pins we've ordered ALREADY? sheesh

mistyraider, 08/17/2018, 5:37 pm NST
I ordered the keychains first time around and got wearables I like and can use.
So glad I didn't wait for this time...price is higher and items are meh, imho.

neocoladude, 08/17/2018, 5:48 pm NST
Is it bad I'd rather pay $25 for a Neo plush WITHOUT a code than this blatant cash grab?

sandralala, 08/17/2018, 7:10 pm NST
i'm still waiting for the stuff i ordered in may @lovelytoes

fuzzyflufffeet, 08/17/2018, 7:22 pm NST
I'd also rather pay for a plush myself. $25 for a rubbery keychain in a basic color??

tycooncorb, 08/17/2018, 8:31 pm NST
@sandralala You ordered stuff in MAY and haven't received it? I was considering ordering a keychain (before this huge price increase) but if you never even receive it I should probably think twice...that is absolutely terrible.

xcomfortableliar, 08/17/2018, 8:56 pm NST
@tycooncorb I ordered a blue lupe pin at the end of May/beginning of June and I haven't received it yet. At the time it said estimated ship date was the end of June. I finally heard back from support. They said they're "behind in production" on several items and did not give me an estimated date/month yet. So...yeah, I'd think twice.

katina_choovanski, 08/17/2018, 11:16 pm NST
Ahh, that would be a big FAT NO! $320 for a large set of junk?? I better get a code for a new car! I'll pass on this ridiculousness. GL Overpowered. More like Overpriced.

mac, 08/17/2018, 11:26 pm NST
So if I'm reading this post correctly, if some poor shmuck bought the 120 code bundle, they would only be able to get 4 different prizes? They couldn't be any more transparent that this is meant for code reselling. Atrocious.

tycooncorb, 08/18/2018, 10:39 am NST
@xcomfortableliar If they are "behind in production" then why are they having this "sale" This just seems super fishy, if they do not have a product to actually sell...then why are they still promoting this. Before ordering there should be a notice saying they have no products currently available. Waiting months for something you've paid for isn't appropriate.

biediep, 08/18/2018, 5:28 pm NST
I already didn't want to buy a pin because shipping was more expensive than the pin itself. Now they throw the price up by another 10 bucks? That's ~40 bucks for a tiny pin if you include shipping. No thanks. GREED.

neoaddict, 08/18/2018, 9:59 pm NST
I only got two items and bought for 100 bucks kougra key and 15 bonsuses... asl long as I earn np for the kougra bobbehead..... the usual console I dont see whats special about this?
Now you said we will get more items... Are they worth it? please let me know

spabl, 08/19/2018, 12:45 am NST
"Waiting months for something you've paid for isn't appropriate"======== Hi TNT, still waiting for my 2650NC!!!

targoefista, 08/19/2018, 4:41 am NST
This seems like a pretty bad money grab. I’m a bit disappointed since I’ve liked Overpwoered so far.

dustin, 08/19/2018, 5:12 pm NST
Wowwww. What a rip-off lol.

1jediboy, 08/20/2018, 6:13 pm NST
It's official! It's Usukicon! Who agrees that this should be the name of a REAL Neopets convention?

topaz644, 08/22/2018, 5:05 am NST
Overpriced or not apparently people are buying them. Lots of the Manga in user shops. Still don't know if it's readable or not but the np being asked suggests it is.

infernal_kitty, 08/22/2018, 5:48 pm NST
Can you please clarify if the "previously available items " are still available? Or have they been rotated out for the new prizes?

cat, 08/25/2018, 1:24 am NST
@tycooncorb - Yeah, I ordered a Keychain/Pin set in June and had to wait a month before half my order came. Still waiting on the other half. I vaguely remember complaints of similar shenanigans during the Pokemon Go team leaders merch sale where some people were waiting a long time or didn't receive their merchandise. I like the quality of the Overpowered Merch I've gotten so far but they have distribution issues.