Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Create your own wishlists!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

#NeoCreationWeek Next Monday
  • Posted on August 7, 2018, 3:43 pm NST

Starting next Monday, August 13th, at 10 AM NST, #NeoCreationWeek kicks off across Neopets' social media channels. It will serve as an opportunity to win Comic-Con Rare Item Codes if you weren't able to get there this year (which is most of us!)

Details about each contest are currently unknown, but it will presumably involve some creative skills:

Hey Neopians! We understand that not everyone was able to check us out at Comic Con this year so we will be giving our winners an exclusive Comic Con Code for in-game prizes.

Next Monday, a week-long contest, NeoCreation Week, will begin here on our social media!!

Each day at 10 AM PST we’ll announce the contest of the day, with entries closing at 11:59 PM PST.

Check back here next Monday morning for further details!

It sounds like in total, there will be at least 5 different opportunities to enter. (One for each day of the week.) You will have about 14 hours (from 10 AM NST - 11:59 PM NST) each day to prepare and submit an entry.
serpentshrine, 08/7/2018, 3:48 pm NST
this event? literally made for me tbh

inkpot, 08/7/2018, 4:43 pm NST
:^0
/croaks

this is awesome!

novelista, 08/7/2018, 5:11 pm NST
As long as you keep us on top of things!

1jediboy, 08/7/2018, 5:19 pm NST
CREATIVITY!?!?!?!?!?!?! *pulls out art supplies and stone-age typewriter*

1jediboy, 08/7/2018, 5:24 pm NST
Wait... Do you need a social media account? Or are they just revealing each challenge THROUGH social media?

rosi, 08/7/2018, 5:42 pm NST
Great idea! I don't use any of the social media and I'm not interested in joining, but I have a few ideas for a contest and I definitely support userbase involvement in Neopets.

rosi, 08/7/2018, 5:44 pm NST
I'm pretty sure the first theme will be to design a pet colour that's missing, something a few users here on Jellyneo have done in the past

1jediboy, 08/7/2018, 5:48 pm NST
^That's why I asked about social media. Even if I did use a social media account I wouldn't want to link it to Neopets. That compromises your privacy!

sp4de, 08/7/2018, 5:59 pm NST
*Possible excitement*
Concerned about the social media part. Ready to do the things though.

saiphami, 08/7/2018, 7:22 pm NST
is the site messed up for anyone else

morganjoisle, 08/7/2018, 10:36 pm NST
@saiphami: I've been having pages partially load and then stop off and on.

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 08/7/2018, 11:31 pm NST
so basically, it's a daily Random Contest for a work week (5 days) but less time to make any /really/ good...whatever we have to do for that day

crazybeans, 08/7/2018, 11:48 pm NST
@1jediboy - I have the same concerns.

recklesse, 08/8/2018, 12:39 am NST
I don't social media and I can't draw anyway, so I guess the whole thing is moot.

catsrnice, 08/8/2018, 6:09 am NST
Would be cool if they allowed entries for a user-submitted advent calendar animation.

Not that I have time for that anymore.

1jediboy, 08/8/2018, 8:44 am NST
^That sounds AWESOME! I second that! "User-submitted advent calendar animation."

melinda_kacheek, 08/8/2018, 9:45 am NST
Hopefully it'll be simple given the time restraint. Lots of Facebook pages do contests. At least there are not asking people to tag other people for this (which is frankly annoying).

alli_draggy, 08/8/2018, 12:10 pm NST
OMG OMG OMG OMG YASSS

dave - JN Staff, 08/8/2018, 3:02 pm NST
I would be surprised if you didn't need a social media account to enter these contests. So if you don't have one and want to participate, I suggest creating one this week.

The nice side effect of doing this on social media is that it also generates some organic advertising for the site, which is always good, IMO!

mistyraider, 08/8/2018, 5:32 pm NST
Not sure I want my real name out there, but my 11 FB friends or others who know me might not play neopets. I like being able to be anonymous here. . . I'll have to see whether I do the contest or not.

morganjoisle, 08/8/2018, 5:44 pm NST
@mistyraider: Same. I mean, I suppose that most of my real life friends probably already know I play neopets, but I like having some anonymity here too.

inkpot, 08/8/2018, 7:07 pm NST
^ can't you guys just create a twitter account for submissions? no rl names or info needed there and your friends won't know.

hannahcreep, 08/8/2018, 8:38 pm NST
Dangit! The week I'm on vacation

itaxerxes, 08/9/2018, 4:52 am NST
They should have taken the different time zones into account. Those times unfairly favour people in America