Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Earn NP from playing games!
Help us model your pets!

Birthday Alert:
For today only, visit New Features for the Happy Birthday! avatar. [Close Alerts]
Key Quest Player Survey!
  • Posted on August 4, 2018, 10:32 am NST

SURVEY NOW CLOSED: Thank you to over 2,000 of you who participated and submitted a response to our survey! We're going to spend the next few weeks tabulating the results, and we'll share them when we're ready.

In case you missed it, Neopets announced at Comic-Con last month that Key Quest is returning! They intend to bring it back as a mobile game. There was no announced release date, but we assume they're beginning to plan it out.

Since we'll eventually need to archive our existing Key Quest guide, we thought it'd be fun to send it off with a bang and include some player stats. We've put together a short survey to gather data on how many keys and tokens everyone obtained, along with what Neopia's favorite tokens, boards, and mini-games were. We plan on sharing the results here on Jellyneo once the survey closes.

We've also included a short section for you to tell us what you liked most (and liked least!) about Key Quest. Hopefully TNT will see this section and take it into consideration when designing the new version! 🤞

Take the Survey »
moonlightwitch, 08/4/2018, 10:47 am NST
Great idea guy's.

You need to be on a computer that has flash to answer your questions.

atryeu, 08/4/2018, 10:49 am NST
I never got to play Key Quest.. I was on dialup still at the time and it was impossible to load A future version sounds like I'll miss out as well since I don't have a cell phone (no service were I live so there's no point) LoL

novelista, 08/4/2018, 11:09 am NST
I don't think I ever played on this account...the one I played the most on and had purchased the most tokens was one or two accounts ago and got frozen, so...

scarlet189, 08/4/2018, 11:24 am NST
i just want it to work on my android. but thank you for inquiring about this, JN! i hope my responses are useful.

1jediboy, 08/4/2018, 1:28 pm NST
I think I played ONCE in my life because there was no single player options.
... I'm pretty sure I lost... but at least I didn't quit while I was losing!

jawsch, 08/4/2018, 1:30 pm NST
Josh approves of the Starry Grundo Token and would love an Eventide Grundo token o_o

boriman394, 08/4/2018, 1:41 pm NST
Starry Grundo was my favorite, too! Although I didn't keep up with KQ past Collection 1. I'd love a Water Xweetok, especially on a Maraqua board.

melinda_kacheek, 08/4/2018, 2:38 pm NST
Would love to see new tokens and maps! Hopefully a single-player option will be available as well.
Will gladly pay for it as long as it's an one-time thing.

chrisk123, 08/4/2018, 2:50 pm NST
Loved Key Quest! Fav token was Ylana Skyfire!
Thanks for doing this survey!

josh_m, 08/4/2018, 3:10 pm NST
Just completed it.
To any of the jellyneo staffers: once the redeem code redemption page is up and kq is up and running, would you mind if I neomail a staffer 3 Keyquest token card codes? I have a bunch- 15 or so and you could do a Wardrobe Wars with using a Lupe, Aisha, and whatever species The Darkest Faerie is.

tyuio_k50, 08/4/2018, 3:58 pm NST
I can't wait to see the results! I wonder what other tokens users are asking for. All I hope is our existing tokens will carry over, and the rest of the existing plush tokens can be bought out of the mall.

dukula, 08/4/2018, 4:16 pm NST
I filled in the details for my current account. I lost my original main a long time ago due to CGers, so all of my original KQ tokens and key statistics were lost.
I know the mobile KQ isn't going to happen any time soon, but I genuinely can't wait! It'd be great if they included similar prizes (like PBs!).

dukula, 08/4/2018, 4:17 pm NST
Oh yeah, I hope one day they include Hissi KQ tokens!!! I'm sad that Hissis are always overlooked by TNT!!

jessalynn, 08/4/2018, 4:35 pm NST
I feel left out since I started collecting the KQ tokens and missed out on KQ.

zodia195, 08/4/2018, 6:23 pm NST
I am not able to redeem the code to check out my old stats. I can say this though, I played the game a lot.

sakeru187, 08/4/2018, 7:34 pm NST
I loved and miss KQ so much T_T

inkpot, 08/4/2018, 9:58 pm NST
looking back through all the minigames and maps gave me huge waves of nostalgia... and it also had me realizing just how long ago it's been since i last played a game of key quest.
feelin' old.

i'd love to see more iconic neopets characters as tokens though! such as:
Captain Scarblade, Garin, Jacques, Morris, Court Dancer, Kanrik, Hannah, etc..

inkpot, 08/4/2018, 10:00 pm NST
what are y'all talking about what with this "redeeming codes" btw...?

dave - JN Staff, 08/4/2018, 10:10 pm NST
@inkpot: Most KQ tokens were obtained by redeeming Rare Item Codes from real life merchandise you could purchase (either plushies or trading card packs).

katina_choovanski, 08/4/2018, 10:47 pm NST
The only tokens I own I bought from the NC mall, and I only bought them to get the item that came with them. I still have a few to check off. I did play the KQ game a few times. Never won, that I remember. ppl. would just vanish and there went the game. For that it was no fun for me and wasn't a really big part of Neopets for me. But this is a wonderful idea JN has to get feedback for the game for the developers. WTG. I was totally into Habitarium though.

cat, 08/4/2018, 10:56 pm NST
Most of my KQ tokens I got from redeeming codes, but I got a few from the mallfor the wearables.

inkpot, 08/5/2018, 12:01 am NST
oh, that's right! i'm so dumb. thanks, dave!

dolchay, 08/5/2018, 12:23 am NST
Love this Idea! I really hope Tnt sees this, I would hate to lose the ability to use my tokens, Ive been missing my Isca, Cupid Shoy and all my Halloween ones dearly If they keep the tokens I would love to see some new species added that never were before, maybe the return of limited edition KQ tokens. Maybe I should start collecting the rest I do not have yet xD

recklesse, 08/5/2018, 4:04 am NST
This is really interesting. I love that we can look through the results so far. It really brought back all of the highs and lows of the KQ days. I was reminded of a lot of small details I'd forgotten.

recklesse, 08/5/2018, 4:16 am NST
Ohh, is there anyway to see the results again without taking the survey again (don't want to do it more than once)?

themeepit32, 08/5/2018, 6:07 am NST
Eventide pets and petpets would also be cool

doomdesire5, 08/5/2018, 7:40 am NST
I played Key Quest a lot on my first account but then it was frozen during AC XI so I don't remember how many keys I actually won...

dave - JN Staff, 08/5/2018, 9:28 am NST
@recklesse: Tbh, I'm not sure, I've never tried before! But we will be posting them for all to see after the survey closes.

1jediboy, 08/5/2018, 12:26 pm NST
From what I can remember, I think I really liked the queue before you play a game of key quest.
The queue was very efficient and I think it’s something that a lot more places on the site need!

Also... Habitarium!!!

mavegibson, 08/5/2018, 1:20 pm NST
I hope they make it a mobile-friendly game that can be played in a browser rather than making it an app people have to download and use on a phone. Some of us have managed to avoid the phone addiction and want to keep it that way.

zodia195, 08/5/2018, 4:35 pm NST
Dave, I am not able to do the survey because for some reason I am not able to see my old records of playing the game. At little help would be appreciated. I click the links and I hit dead ends.

themeepit32, 08/5/2018, 5:52 pm NST
@mavegibson
yeah, since phone games aren't really talked about as much anymore, not sure if it's because they were a fad that simply dying or what

pikachu315111, 08/5/2018, 5:57 pm NST
For what KQ Tokens I'd like to see I'm split between two categories:

Neopian Characters: More Faeries, Heroes, Villains, and all those characters in JN's Book of Ages.

Coloured Neopets: I'd love to see a Fire Lupe, Ice Bori, and Cloud Wocky cause those are my Neopets, and I'm sure I'm not alone who'd want to see Neopets that are their's Species & Colours.

One one hand Neopian Characters would be the easiest to do and appease many, though I imagine Coloured Neopets is something many want.

dave - JN Staff, 08/5/2018, 6:47 pm NST
@zodia: Your stats are only available in Your KQ Collector's Case, which you can view here:

^ Try adding your username after the = to see if that works.

If you can't get that page to load (it uses Flash, so make sure you can see other Flash things on Neopets too), then you won't be able to access your stats unfortunately.

dave - JN Staff, 08/5/2018, 6:49 pm NST
@themeepit32: If we're talking about fads that have died... how about games from the early 2000's that you need to play on a desktop web browser? 🤔 I don't remember when one of those were last released.

dave - JN Staff, 08/5/2018, 6:52 pm NST
For those who don't have a smartphone, you don't need one to play. There are Android emulation programs that will run on desktop computers.

You can also buy a non-phone "mobile" device such as an Android tablet, an iPad, or an iPod Touch, which will give you access to their respective App Stores and are wifi capable. It's nice since it's only a one time payment instead of needing to attach a monthly phone/cellular service to it.

1jediboy, 08/5/2018, 7:06 pm NST
@pikachu315111 - "I'm sure I'm not alone who'd want to see Neopets that are their's Species & Colours." I agree!

I'm surprised no one said Vandagyre!

josie, 08/5/2018, 9:47 pm NST
Add my vote to the ones who suggested the single player option

Or an option to play against players that are not actual people, but generated by the computer.

ibookworm281, 08/6/2018, 1:05 am NST
KQ and Habitarium where what kept me amused on Neopets. Glad they are thinking of bringing KQ back! Any news for Habi or perhaps a game similar to habi?

ibookworm281, 08/6/2018, 2:23 am NST
were***

whoops

dukula, 08/6/2018, 3:33 am NST

---

You guys really have managed to avoid mobile gaming huh, I'm actually impressed (no snark or sarcasm intended)!
Mobile gaming is still going strong and there are huge obsessive communities for a lot of the games. I think you guys may have mixed up the lack of Pokemon Go interest with other game interest.

dukula, 08/6/2018, 3:35 am NST
Also, I REALLY want TNT to release a Kastraliss or Layton Vickles KQ token because Hissis never got one ;_; it gets tiresome seeing my snakes get forgotten about by TNT.

mavegibson, 08/6/2018, 10:40 am NST
@dave Yeah, I have one of those android emulators, but I hate android almost as much as I hate iOS.

Another site I am a regular user of has an app that can be played on mobile or in a browser and it works fantastically well on both. I think that is preferable because it is accessible to everyone.

tyuio_k50, 08/6/2018, 5:23 pm NST
If it's not dually-ported to Browser, maybe it will be available as a standalone application like Monkey Quest?

Far from modern, but a alternative. Still, the technology exists to render games in-Browser, and they definitely have the option to manipulate quality for go pre-rendered like he original.

tyuio_k50, 08/6/2018, 5:23 pm NST
*like the original

sp4de, 08/6/2018, 5:42 pm NST
Single. Player. Mode. Please! >:

zodia195, 08/6/2018, 5:49 pm NST
Ohhh, I got it Dave, thanks. I Google Chrome wasn't allowing Flash for some reason so I used Firefox instead.

atryeu, 08/6/2018, 6:34 pm NST
Anybody else notice pages on Neo such as the Bank and Neoboards have text/images aligned to the left instead of centered like it was before now or is it just me? It's annoying and doesn't look right

1jediboy, 08/6/2018, 8:01 pm NST
@tyuio_k50 - MONKEY QUEST!!!

1jediboy, 08/6/2018, 8:07 pm NST
Yes! Single-Player please!

pikachu315111, 08/7/2018, 3:50 am NST
Not so sure about single player, but I would like for their to be an AI element: if a player drops. If a player drops, instead of the game ending outright, an AI opponent takes over. Now to prevent abuse, if this happens the "key level" should drop by one. So if it's a two player game instead of 1st getting Gold and 2nd getting Silver it'll be 1st getting Silver and 2nd getting Bronze. Oh, and in a 4 and 3-player game an inactive player is just dropped and the game resumes, an AI only takes over if its a 2-player.

1jediboy, 08/7/2018, 8:54 am NST
^That’s a really good idea! I still think there could be a voluntary single-player mode. But an AI that kicks in if somebody leaves? That would solve the “losing-ditchers” problem PERFECTLY! Good thinking!

1jediboy, 08/7/2018, 9:12 am NST
Oh! I just thought of an idea myself! Considering the only interactive off-site game is the TCG, why not make a real-life KeyQuest! You can 3D print the pieces you’ve collected at special places like at ComicCon or GameStop!