A searchable database of Neopets images
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

New Premium Perks Live
  • Posted on August 1, 2018, 11:04 am NST

A few new Premium perks are now live!

Customisation Journal
Premium members now have a new Journal available to take snapshots of their Neopet's customisations and give a little description. You can access your Journal on the right side of the Premium toolbar.

The Journal is available for other Neopians to peruse and "Like" your entries. It appears as a new module on your userlookup, underneath of the NC Mall album links. You can also choose who sees your Journal by changing the "Displaying Your Journal" setting under Site Preferences. (Options are visible to all, just neofriends, or no one except you.)

You may take up to 6 snapshots of your Neopets per day. You'll need to wait for another day to take another snapshot if you'd like more.

Also, if you ever end your Premium membership, your journal will no longer allow new entries, but you'll always be able to look back on prior entries you've made.

Change Your Neopet Species
This new addition is very similar to this past year's Charity Corner perk (but with less glitches!) Once every 365 days, you can change the species of any of your Neopets. (If you made a change today, August 1, 2018, you won't be able to swap another species until August 1, 2019.)

Visit the Change Pet page to begin. (Also accessible from the right side of the Premium toolbar.) You'll be able to choose any of your Neopets, and then you'll choose which species to convert them to. The colour of your Neopet will remain the same. For example, your Christmas Grundo will change to a Christmas Blumaroo if you chose Grundo to Blumaroo.

If the colour of your current pet does not exist for the new species you'd like, you will be able to choose from the available colours for that species. No Grape Lutaris this time around. Currently, you cannot convert your Neopet into a Krawk or Draik. (But Ice Boris are a possibility—if your Neopet is Ice or if your Neopet is currently painted a colour that Boris cannot be painted!)

Additional Gallery Categories
As a Premium member, you may also now have up to 30 categories in your gallery (as opposed to the previous limit of 20). Unlike previously reported, this is not actually 30 new galleries, but rather just additional categories in your existing gallery.

This change does not effect upgrade costs.

Premium Sale
These new features are here to celebrate the annual Premium sale. Yearly memberships are discounted to be $49.95. See our previous post with details on how to get the discount, including step-by-step instructions for existing Premium members who wish to lock in the discount for their next billing date.

Wondering what else Premium members get? Check out our Premium guide:

All Premium Perks »
novelista, 08/1/2018, 11:41 am NST
I think I would do it just for an ice bori!

1jediboy, 08/1/2018, 11:58 am NST
0_0 But I WANT Grape Lutaris...

1jediboy, 08/1/2018, 12:04 pm NST
OH WAIT! This might be why they were releasing all those Clay, Custard, Snot, etc. colours! So If you want a specific neopet species AND colour, you can't manipulate the system by painting your pet with a cheapie colour that the species you want doesn't have JUST so you can change their colour too!

tomato99, 08/1/2018, 12:13 pm NST
I really like the journal.

neocoladude, 08/1/2018, 1:23 pm NST
And thus, begins Premium advantages that old TNT would have never implemented, thus making countless people's goals almost as easy as paying for a month of Premium. I would care more if 4/5 of my pets weren't UC and if I ever planned to change my only non-UC pet at all, but...IDK, I never would have guessed I'd ever see this become a thing, especially considering there's already an item that kind of does a version of this already..

theartofscreaming, 08/1/2018, 1:28 pm NST
ICE BORI???? THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!! 100 PERCENT GONNA BUY PREMIUM NOW

oohuguhoo, 08/1/2018, 2:02 pm NST
Probably this is a dumb question but... what if I try to change an UC specie?

topaz644, 08/1/2018, 2:04 pm NST
@oohuguhoo-You would no longer have a UC

jawsch, 08/1/2018, 2:30 pm NST
What exactly is the point of this Journal. Seems pointless

topologist, 08/1/2018, 3:04 pm NST
I just realized a big benefit for the change pet feature; I recently realized I LOVE Robot Vandagyres, but to get one I'd be spending about 40k the lab does a species morph, possibly multiple times a day with my lab cookies. Now, it doesn't matter the species: once I get a Robot zap, *any* zap, I can use the change pet feature just that once to get Robot in the species I want. That's huge. :o

topologist, 08/1/2018, 3:05 pm NST
I think a UC would get autoconverted and changed to the species you requested, so not to be advantageous.

topologist, 08/1/2018, 3:06 pm NST
If you think about it, this feature is not too different from the Mysterious Swirly Potion, but that is limited to LE pets, and it's random which you get, whereas this works for all and you choose which.

topologist, 08/1/2018, 3:13 pm NST
I think the Journal would only be useful for NCers who change their pets' outfits seasonally or often; it's not catering to those of us, myself included, who are content with just the one.

serpentshrine, 08/1/2018, 3:35 pm NST
@topologist you can get a robot vandagyre right now. Vandagyres have very few paint options, so you could buy a cheap MP or paint brush in a color that vandagyres don't come in and just choose robot when species changing.

topologist, 08/1/2018, 3:55 pm NST
Holy cow, @serpentshrine, thank you!! I didn't know it'd let you choose if the colour wasn't available, fantastic!

pikachu315111, 08/1/2018, 4:11 pm NST
You can get an Ice Bori? Fantastic! Though no longer a worried since they removed them, I was always worried about my Ice Bori if it got its color changed (like the retired color changing RE). Nice to know there's now an option if that was to somehow happen now.

THAT said, I am a bit concerned this is making getting a dream pet feel like something you just need to pay for. It's one thing to change a Neopet's species, but give them any Colour choice too? They need to limit the color selection though maybe toss in a few surprises like Ice Bori, Alien Aisha, Coconut Jubjub, etc..

1jediboy, 08/1/2018, 4:13 pm NST
@pikachu315111 - *points at my epiphany up on the top*

1jediboy, 08/1/2018, 4:15 pm NST
I predict the next few months are going to be nothing but inexpensive colours.

cat, 08/1/2018, 4:45 pm NST
So for an easy Ice Bori make a Chia and then paint it whatever the cheapest Fruit/Vegetable color is. Or paint something like Maractite that the Bori doesn't have already. Also easy MSP Poogle, Alien Aisha, etc for those who might be tired of zapping.

cat, 08/1/2018, 4:48 pm NST
---
Yeah, and even there speaking as such a NCer it would be easier if it saved what clothes the pet was wearing so the could easily be reloaded. If it's just saving the pet's image I've been doing that for years just using my computer.

I actually hope they nerf the species change perk so that if you change a pet into a species that doesn't have its current color it reverts to a random basic color, that would at least mean you have to go through the work of earning a new color.

darkseid, 08/1/2018, 5:14 pm NST
Hmm...this is a cool perk. Shame you can't get drake or krawk.

targoefista, 08/1/2018, 5:42 pm NST
Hey Jellyneo folks, I just saw this on facebook: "Hi Dawn! Yes, you can be Premium for a side account." I swear the rule was no premium on side accounts. Did they change this recently?

kat, 08/1/2018, 6:26 pm NST
Hmm tempting but i will still pass on returning to spending money on the site i think

alex, 08/1/2018, 8:13 pm NST
I wonder how much Premium you have to buy to change your pet's species. Do you have to buy a full year or would a month be ok?

judyith, 08/1/2018, 8:14 pm NST
The gallery is saying I can create 30 categories so I think it is live now.

gamer_5_55_555, 08/1/2018, 9:02 pm NST
Yeah, now you can buy your dream pet. I thought Jumpstart just said they didn't want to release pay to get stamps because they were previously NP only

I was expecting "and if that color doesn't exist, it turns into a basic color" rather than "and if that color doesn't exist, it turns into any color"

gamer_5_55_555, 08/1/2018, 9:02 pm NST
Or even, it turns into a random color (like the lab ray)

ducky - JN Staff, 08/1/2018, 9:18 pm NST
Omg salty people.

I think it's nice to have perk worth something to premium users. Sounded bit useless first. Doesn't really affect pettrading, since MSPs and ice boris have not been that popular.

@targoefista - no you cannot have premium on side

recklesse, 08/1/2018, 10:21 pm NST
------

I saw that too. They really need to train their staff better before they let them loose on facebook! Somebody did query the comment, but I don't suppose the staffer came back and corrected themselves.

sweetadeline, 08/1/2018, 11:23 pm NST
I don't get the saltiness either. It's just one colour change per year. That is barely... anything. I repaint my pets way more than that LOL. There should be more perks than just ssw and an extra pet and no ads which is easy to do with an ad blocker anyway. It isn't like the scratch cards are worth anything anymore either. They're a business, and they want more customers. Now if it was one per month I might get it, but one per year is reeeeallly not that big of a deal. Just a nice bonus.

zen, 08/2/2018, 7:58 am NST
I'm probably not going to renew premium bc I haven't been playing as much and the perks aren't enough to warrant the cost, but I'm glad I was able to use the new perk to change one of my pets into a Royal Aisha before my membership ends.

recklesse, 08/2/2018, 9:58 am NST
Presumably someone will now ask the editorial if we can get premium for sides and they will reply that TNT is going to have one of their infamous round table meetings (obviously, snacks included) and decide on this next week, and we should tune into the next editorial for a final decision. Anyone who was told on social media they could buy premium for side accounts and is now worried about getting in trouble, don't worry they will wait until making a decision and letting you all know before they take any actions here!
(Okay, that may be cribbed from editorial #831)

Then they will leave it to stew for a month and eventually come back to say actually we can only have premium on main accounts.

josh_m, 08/2/2018, 12:12 pm NST
Neopets (Just edited) There was some confusion on the topic, but no, you cannot have Premium on a side account. Thanks!
· Reply · 1h

cloonshannagh, 08/2/2018, 1:59 pm NST
*blush* I am guilty! I just adopted an older, long-stuck pet in a species I do not care for, who was not happy as he was. We used a trip to the Battledome, then Healing Springs, and a morphing potion from SDB. Then the premium perk and voila! One contented little Pirate Ruki in her forever home.

mistyraider, 08/2/2018, 2:09 pm NST
Can you move one of your pets to your main, change it's species and then move it back?

(I'd check the faqs or ask JSNT, but honestly you guys always seem to know a whole lot more!)

dave - JN Staff, 08/2/2018, 3:40 pm NST
@mistyraider: I haven't seen any formal yes or no regarding that. Since it's still a pet you own, I would imagine that's fine.

What might *not* be fine is offering up your once yearly species swap to *other* Neopians who don't have Premium (or who already used theirs). Very similar to how offering to give away Rainbow Fountain dips is against the rules.

katina_choovanski, 08/3/2018, 7:13 am NST
Would someone please tell Neopets, that I paid my premium premium 1 day ago and it's STILL locking me out of the site. Thanks.

dave - JN Staff, 08/3/2018, 3:27 pm NST
@katina_choovanski: If you haven't already, you should submit a ticket to support.

Their new email is support@neopets.com.

Check out this page for what details to include in your message: http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml

missdood, 08/3/2018, 5:53 pm NST
So the editorial about this today:
Basically a "so take that haters!"
I was surprised by that response but I liked it I think. So premium users do have a chance to create a "dream pet" once a year. Maybe not fair, but I guess you could say it is finally a perk worth paying for - though I would think a lot of people have already created their dream pet if they have been on here any length of time.

cat, 08/3/2018, 11:53 pm NST
Yeah, and as someone else said you can always buy one month of Premium to get the dream pet. I'd probably do that if I hadn't gotten my last lab dreams from a nice person who adoped one of my dreamies out to me and a lucky FFQ during the last faerie quest event.

@mistyraider - I don't see why not, my reading of it is that as long as Premium is on your main and you own the pet it's fine. I'm going to guess that like the Rainbow Fountain you won't be allowed to use your perk for other players.

lasimone1981, 08/4/2018, 9:50 am NST
Ya'll should probably make an article warning people that it no longer automatically activates. There are people paying for Premium waiting DAYS for it to kick in.

micaiah, 09/1/2018, 10:49 am NST
Can you get the perk by paying only one month of premium?