Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Premium Sale Live Now
  • Posted on July 31, 2018, 6:06 pm NST

The annual Premium sale is now live! The yearly membership rate of $69.95 is on sale for $49.95, a savings of $20 off for the year. It is currently unknown how long the sale will last for.

New Premium Members
To receive the promotional rate, visit the Membership page and select the yearly plan. (You'll need to purchase the full yearly plan—the 4 and 1 month options are not discounted.)

Existing Premium Members
Renewal not coming up for awhile? Never fear! You can lock in this promotional rate for the next time your plan renews.

To lock in the sale:
  1. Visit the Manage Membership page. (You'll likely need to log in.)
  2. Click the "Upgrade Plan" button.
  3. Click the 1 Year plan option. You should see it discounted to $49.95.
  4. Click "Confirm Upgrade" to complete the lock in. On the confirmation page, you'll see "Next Billing Date: [your billing date] (You will be charged $49.95 on this date)"

That's it, you're upgraded and locked in!

(Did you previously cancel your membership? If so, you won't see "Upgrade Plan" on the Manage Membership page. Instead, there will be a "Keep Membership" button. Click that, confirm that you wish to restart your subscription at the old price, and then you should see the "Upgrade Plan" button which you can use to follow the instructions above to get the discount!)

Not a Premium member yet, but wondering what you get? Check out our Premium guide for more info.

There will also be some new perks coming to Premium soon, which we reported on earlier.
cloonshannagh, 07/31/2018, 6:28 pm NST
More perks are always nice, but, for me, premium is worth it right now. SSW *yeah* premium item every 15th, 6th pet slot, and premium boards. Me loves it! My kiddies train, do daily quests, and work for the faeries. So SSW makes tedious easy and fun. The sale brings the price down to less than $1 a week.

reallynot, 07/31/2018, 7:10 pm NST
How long is the sale going through?

ichabodisitchy, 07/31/2018, 11:10 pm NST
I don't understand. If you've canceled your membership previously, you have to click "keep membership" and confirm that you wish to restart at the OLD price, meaning not discounted?

deedee60, 08/1/2018, 6:31 am NST
I followed the directions for existing premium member but I don't see an "Upgrade Plan" button. I renew it every year for this price. Is there a glitch right now?

jessalynn, 08/1/2018, 6:32 am NST
I found some new perks with my membership! One is called "My Journal", but when I click on it, nothing happens (link: http://www.neopets.com/journal/). The other one is called "Change Your Neopets Species" in which I can change the species of any of my Neopets if they're in the color they're already in. Link is right here: http://www.neopets.com/premium/change_pet.phtml

daughters_ofthe_moon, 08/1/2018, 7:02 am NST
I just added an update to my journal, it took a snapshot of my pet and let me post a short update (deleted all my 's in words though )

The premium update membership link didn't show for me either but my renewal was last month and I'm pretty sure it was at the lower discount price so maybe if you've done it once you stay at that price...?

daughters_ofthe_moon, 08/1/2018, 7:10 am NST
Didn't realise the 6th pet slot was already active yay

topaz644, 08/1/2018, 10:09 am NST
I'm liking the Journal. This could be fun. I just hope someone will come up with coding that lets me show it on my UL without having to have all those Mall links, if it's possible.

dave - JN Staff, 08/1/2018, 10:29 am NST
@reallynot: There's no stated end date, so only TNT knows right now. They usually don't announce an end date.

@ichabodisitchy: Yes, that's correct. If you already canceled your Premium membership, you will need to un-cancel it at the old price, and *then* upgrade it to the new discounted pricing. You can't un-cancel it directly to the $49.95 price right now.

shakespeareofborg, 08/1/2018, 11:26 am NST
Just like @deedee60 I don't see an 'upgrade plan' button either, just cancel membership or change payment method. My last renewal price (March 2018) was $49.95 so does that mean I've already locked in the sale price?

recklesse, 08/1/2018, 11:34 am NST
I'm not a premium member. Not running a cancelled membership or anything (so no keep membership button). When I go to the main premium sign up page there's absolutely no mention of a discount. The annual plan is listed as 69.95 Billed Every Year. I'm not signing up to that (plus VAT).

The way it's been advertised it sounds like the discount rate should be on the sign up page for new joiners; but it isn't.

Is the sale only for US players or existing members or something?

spabl, 08/1/2018, 2:35 pm NST
Ok, I got the Sale prize. But at:"Change Payment Source" it says Creditcard. I have always payed with PayPal and the click button for PayPal isn't working for me. Anyone else has this problem?

recklesse, 08/1/2018, 3:09 pm NST
Heh, and now whoever they've got staffing the Neo facebook page is saying you can have premium on side accounts. (posted 2 hours ago).

Do they not check their facts before posting?

ichabodisitchy, 08/1/2018, 5:36 pm NST
@dave - JN Staff
So I have to un-cancel it at the old price, then upgrade...so that means I pay the old price...and then I'm upgrading, so that means I get the following year at the sale price? So I have to pay for two years right now, one at regular price and one at the sale price? That's not really encouraging me to sign up for premium again.

mory, 08/1/2018, 6:38 pm NST
well... I clicked on "keep membership", now it shows me the old price - but no upgrade-option?

mory, 08/1/2018, 7:07 pm NST
well... maybe it already upgraded me but doesnt show correctly... dont see a price for the next billing date and I do have the problem too, that is says "credit card" whilst I always payed with paypal.
and when I try to change it I cant change it to paypal but after closing the change-overlay it show the lower price for the next billing date

aaand... on fb someone from neopets said the sale will last until 19th of august

dave - JN Staff, 08/1/2018, 10:01 pm NST
@ichabodisitchy: Nope, don't worry, you won't pay the old price.

Since you canceled your membership, you need to re-activate it at the old price, whatever that was. Only once you re-activate do you have access to the new yearly discount.

You will pay for 0 years today. You will pay for 1 year at the next stated billing date for $49.95 once you re-activate and if you follow all of the steps above.

dave - JN Staff, 08/1/2018, 10:03 pm NST
@mory: You need to follow all of the steps we list out above. Since you canceled your membership, the first step is to re-activate your membership. You can't access the discount until you re-activate, which put another way just means "sign up to be billed for another year/4 months/1 month once my current membership runs out". You will *not* be billed immediately.

Once your account is re-activated (with your future billing date active), you will have the option to "Upgrade Plan" and choose the $49.95 pricing, which is what you should be charged on the next billing date after following the steps above.

haharissa, 08/4/2018, 1:31 am NST
There is a date of 8/19 listed now on the front page for the end of the sale!

sweetcherry, 08/6/2018, 3:48 pm NST
Worked great....just hope I don't have to renew every month....Always paid once a year.

angiebear, 08/11/2018, 4:19 pm NST
When I click "Upgrade Plan" I don't have the Yearly option - any ideas?

hugsandtugsbear2, 08/15/2018, 7:47 am NST
Today logging in I am greeted with Neopets saying I have to rebuy premium or lose a pet,but I already did this option durning the summer sale! Is this a glitch?

a_ramsell, 08/15/2018, 10:01 am NST
I had followed the steps JN posted to the letter to renew my plan the day the sale began. My renewal date was supposed to be Aug. 8, 2018. However, yesterday, the 14th, I logged on to find out my membership had not been renewed at all, so I joined yesterday at the sale price as a new premium member. Now there is no 'upgrade membership' option anywhere. Have they perhaps changed how things work so we will not be able to get the sale price if we are already premium? I haven't heard of anyone whose renewal date has come and gone in the past couple weeks that wasn't booted from premium. And how can we renew at the sale price if there's no 'upgrade' option?