Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Help us model your pets!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

New Meridell Event + Map Update
  • Posted on July 30, 2018, 12:15 pm NST

Update: Dragoyle Hunting has begun! This is a new event that will last for the next 7 days. Hunt for Dragoyles around Meridell for prizes - Visit Nanci under the Meridell map to get started (and claim a new site theme). Our guide is now up!

View Our Dragoyle Hunting Guide »

Today, the Meridell map image has been updated to html5 standards, like the Altador map before it.

The update appears to have removed the Symol Hole from the map, but the feature remains live. Currently, only the main Meridell map has been updated.

This is ahead of the expanded Discovery of Meridell Day celebrations teased in the New Features last week.
cloonshannagh, 07/30/2018, 12:24 pm NST
Symol Hole is missing.

ariadne_theia, 07/30/2018, 12:31 pm NST
Am I the only one getting the Dragoyle hunting start questing thing at the bottom below the map?

bonju, 07/30/2018, 12:33 pm NST
All the shrubbery looks kinda... blobby. But anyways, yay for more html5 updates!

bonju, 07/30/2018, 12:34 pm NST
Oh. New daily/mini event? Plus a site theme too!

purplebin, 07/30/2018, 12:35 pm NST
When I clicked on the Dragoyle Hunting link I got a new site theme!

Something Has Happend!
You are now eligible to use the Meridell Site Theme while browsing the site!
Visit your Preferences to change your site theme.

purplebin, 07/30/2018, 12:38 pm NST
There He Is!
And he recognizes you too! Awww, he's rushing over! Good job!
Here's your reward:
Royal Cyodrake
Whoa, it looks like this Fire Dragoyle really likes you -
he's got something special to give you! Oh, how sweet! Go on, take your:
Aqua Encrusted Dragoyle Box

topaz644, 07/30/2018, 12:39 pm NST
I was hunting the Dragoyle and saw it on a lot of pages now I get this:
And it's goooone! Now find that Mutant Dragoyle before it gets too far. Remember, it may be hiding anywhere in Meridell, so be sure to check thoroughly in every place you can think of! You must be quick if you're hoping to win a prize.
Remember you have time left until Midnight of July 31 at 23:59:59 nst

bonju, 07/30/2018, 12:39 pm NST
Here's your reward:
Gold Draik Plushie
Whoa, it looks like this Mutant Dragoyle really likes you -
he's got something special to give you! Oh, how sweet! Go on, take your:
Aqua Encrusted Dragoyle Box

topaz644, 07/30/2018, 12:42 pm NST
Got it now. You must CLICK on all the Dragoyles you see around Meridell. duh.

purplebin, 07/30/2018, 12:46 pm NST
Use the Jewel Encrusted Key in the mall to open the Dragoyle Box. I guess we can get one box a day. I got the Meridellian Festive Tent from mine

topaz644, 07/30/2018, 12:49 pm NST
The strange key fits, and the Dragoyle Box opens with a dusty creak. Inside you found:
Meridellian Festive Tent

purplebin, 07/30/2018, 12:52 pm NST
I wonder if everyone gets the same NC prize each day, or if it's randomized.

alli_draggy, 07/30/2018, 12:53 pm NST
I found my Dragoyle...and it said it didn't recognize me. That was the Fire Dragoyle I was looking for! The heck???

topaz644, 07/30/2018, 12:54 pm NST
Keep looking alli_draggy

skiasma, 07/30/2018, 12:55 pm NST
I won a Gold Ixi Plushie.

Found my dragoyle on the first go!

topaz644, 07/30/2018, 12:55 pm NST
I like the tent but I wouldn't call it festive. lol

purplebin, 07/30/2018, 12:55 pm NST
I guess I was lucky that I found the "correct" Dragoyle the first time. I didn't know there were multiple ones running around!

topaz644, 07/30/2018, 12:57 pm NST
Yes almost every Meridell link I clicked had a Dragoyle on the page except the games room games.

purplebin, 07/30/2018, 1:04 pm NST
So it seems that each Dragoyle Box will give a specific NC item, so we can open specific ones for the items we want. It also looks like the first day of the game lasts through tomorrow, so no new box tomorrow.

meeshell362, 07/30/2018, 1:12 pm NST
Found multiple Dragoyles, but the specific one I was looking for was on a game page.

pancaketime, 07/30/2018, 1:31 pm NST
I've found the type of Dragoyle I'm looking for three times now, but none of them are "correct," so I might just have to pack it in if it's this random.

targoefista, 07/30/2018, 1:41 pm NST
Won the Aqua Encrusted Dragoyle Box and Mali River of Meridell for finding the yellow drake.

topaz644, 07/30/2018, 1:42 pm NST
If you keep clicking the one you're supposed to find go back to the map and see if the one you're supposed to find has changed. Mine did, apparently.

1jediboy, 07/30/2018, 1:49 pm NST
*GASP!!!*

1jediboy, 07/30/2018, 1:52 pm NST
Tax: Sweet! *goes to participate in the event*

1jediboy, 07/30/2018, 1:54 pm NST
Wow! The new site theme looks really good! I think I'll keep it!

mistyraider, 07/30/2018, 1:57 pm NST
I got Roasted Turnips and Aqua Encrusted Dragoyle Box for finding the yellow dragoyle at Shapeshifter.

Odd the Dragoyle Box is in my nps inventory when it requires a NC key to open...or doesn't that matter?

dave - JN Staff, 07/30/2018, 2:02 pm NST
@mistyraider: Likely a rarity error right now. I'm sure it'll be switched to r500 NC soon.

ididntdoit_yet, 07/30/2018, 2:10 pm NST
No clicky on the food shop on the map.

mistyraider, 07/30/2018, 2:16 pm NST
Also, can you open the dragoyle boxes on any day after it's in your inventory, as long as you buy a key? Or does it have to be that day?

inkpot, 07/30/2018, 2:20 pm NST
yayy~ new event. *v*
the new site theme is beautiful really, love the shade of green for all the headers and stuff.

and the new map is nice too! all the added trees and shrubs make for such a nice touch.

herdy - JN Staff, 07/30/2018, 2:36 pm NST
Once you have the box, the key will work on any day.

pancaketime, 07/30/2018, 2:37 pm NST
Over an hour of clicking around and multiple incorrect Dragoyles of the type I'm supposed to find later, I think I'm going to have to pass on this event. (I've been clicking all of the Dragoyles, so if the type I'm supposed to find changed at some point, it shouldn't matter, but it is still showing the same kind I thought I was looking for since the beginning.)

1jediboy, 07/30/2018, 2:39 pm NST
"That was quick! And you two seem to be great friends already! Unfortunately it's time to say goodbye. Come back tomorrow to play again with another Dragoyle."

Tax: Oh... Ok.

Me: Can't I buy him?!

herdy - JN Staff, 07/30/2018, 2:45 pm NST
@pancaketime: Out of interest, try the Symol Hole link:
It isn't on the map so *shouldn't* qualify at the moment, but you never know.

maxgarou, 07/30/2018, 3:16 pm NST
They giving Cyodrake as a prize makes me too happy. I've been trying to get one for "ages"

pikachu315111, 07/30/2018, 4:34 pm NST
*Sees there are six gems on the key*

Hmm, let me guess...

... hmm, what's the sixth? Pearl? No. Let's see if the Shop Wiz works...

mavegibson, 07/30/2018, 5:32 pm NST
Terrible map. The tiny text is the only thing clickable - not the signs, not the graphics. Such poor usability.

puffkins2000, 07/30/2018, 5:48 pm NST
Fun event so far; reminds me of hunting for Neggs or Halloween goodie bags. ^^

Also, whoever wrote the news seemed a lot better than usual.

1jediboy, 07/30/2018, 5:57 pm NST
^Whoever wrote the news today deserves a raise!

topaz644, 07/30/2018, 6:22 pm NST
I wonder if we can get the theme on a side account? You don't get any thing until you start to hunt dragoyles right?

sakibou, 07/30/2018, 7:22 pm NST
While I appreciate that JTNT is working towards improving the site, am I the only one who's disappointed with these map updates?

The maps undoubtedly look better than before, but it's basically like an HD edit. Old TNT had been in the process of completely overhauling and re-designing the maps, making them more dynamic...

sakibou, 07/30/2018, 7:40 pm NST
Just to clarify, the updates are good for what they are. As far as I can tell, everything was completely redrawn. I absolutely think the new foliage and animations make these maps much more visually appealing, and Meridell/Altador have been in need of some sprucing up for years.

HOWEVER, there is simply no comparison to what was being done before JTNT. Aside from the animations, this is more like what Old TNT had been doing before they decided to completely re-design everything. It feels like a step back in comparison.

contessa, 07/30/2018, 7:54 pm NST
Well it only took me a few minutes to find mine thanks to the tips on the JN guide, a Yellow Dragoyle and my prize was a Spotted Cheese.

I am sooo disappointed though, I thought we would get to keep the Dragoyle, it was so cute! *cry*

1jediboy, 07/30/2018, 8:13 pm NST
*hands contessa a tissue*

josie, 07/30/2018, 8:35 pm NST
What a cute game! Thank you for the guide, guys

herdy - JN Staff, 07/31/2018, 2:38 am NST
Each to their own... I found the last bit of the news really cringey.

bananas, 07/31/2018, 5:14 am NST
At least it looks better than the Altador update, but a bit sad they didn't go with how the other worlds got updated

panthera_alba, 07/31/2018, 3:38 pm NST
Yeah, the map is updated, but the click spots are small and annoying.
I'm wondering if you can claim the site theme, too. I suppose if you're not actually playing the game and getting prizes on the side accounts, you probably could.
I was kind of hoping to keep the dragoyle, too. But my prize was an Electric Dragoyle, so...
Oh man, who wrote the last bit of news? Now I know what everyone's talking about. Typos and an utter lack of grammar. Complete CHAOS.

maxgarou, 07/31/2018, 6:22 pm NST
Yesterday and today count as one day, right?

vaporesque, 07/31/2018, 7:43 pm NST
I liked the rough/loose art for Meridell, because it is the kingdom of the rough/rustic brother. Likewise, I feel each map page should match the realm, and not homogenize into a single art style. So, big shock, I preferred the pre-Nickelodeon monetization era of Neopets

emerald_eagle, 07/31/2018, 8:48 pm NST
Is it just me, or is the link to the Meridell food shop obscured on the map? I can't seem to find the right place to click for it and need to rely on external links if I want to visit. Is it above or beside the Brightvale sign? Or is it misplaced?

emerald_eagle, 07/31/2018, 8:55 pm NST
Also you can't seem to select the Darigan Citadel on this map, but I guess they reasoned with themselves that there is a link to the page in the text and don't need a link image anymore. I don't really know if I like that, but it's a disappointing surprise. I just wish I could go to the food stall though.

cat, 08/1/2018, 1:41 am NST
It's a nice little event, but their new map needs work, a lot of the signs (like Turmy) don't seem to be easy to click because the link box doesn't match up with where the locations are on the map.

amunet, 08/1/2018, 8:26 pm NST
I agree with the map. Not a fan of usability. The graphics are okay, just can't really click anything easily like the previous version.

These little events are pretty fun

elphapa_the_wicked, 08/2/2018, 11:29 am NST
Oh bummer! I missed yesterday's hunt and I guess this is an event where you can't go back and unlock prizes from other days. That dress is so pretty too

bodhi, 08/3/2018, 9:40 am NST
Ugh! I missed at least one day.

jweb, 08/4/2018, 1:51 am NST
@ elphapa the wicked i think it is posible is send you box if jou like. dont know how it works.

elphapa_the_wicked, 08/4/2018, 1:21 pm NST
You can buy the boxes luckily, but I hate having missed that participation day without having to buy anything too.

zen, 08/5/2018, 2:03 pm NST
So, nothing special for finding all of them? :/ I'm a little disappointed. I only ever got Roasted Turnips and the Famous Draiks book as prizes.