Earn NP from playing games!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!

Premium Sale Incoming
  • Posted on July 27, 2018, 5:45 pm NST

It looks like Neopets' social media team jumped the gun a little bit early and posted about an upcoming Premium sale (which is not live yet!) In recent weeks, TNT (via hardtotame's Q&A) have hinted at new features coming to Premium users, and we finally know what they'll be!

Here's the accidental post:

Got Premium? The price for an annual subscription is on sale! There’s also some new perks to enjoy: Change your pet’s species once a year, save your customization outfits to show them off to your friends, and own up to 30 galleries! Make good use of this sale and get Premium now!

Once the sale goes live (along with the new Premium features), we'll post again with more information!
annagd, 07/27/2018, 5:58 pm NST
30 galleries?! Why though?

moonlightwitch, 07/27/2018, 6:00 pm NST
I think they ment categorys

_sissiy_sis_369, 07/27/2018, 6:11 pm NST
I think it means a gallery of saved customizations

sky15919, 07/27/2018, 6:12 pm NST
I'm happy with my pet page lookbook though

dave - JN Staff, 07/27/2018, 6:19 pm NST
Hmm yea, categories would make a bit more sense probably, especially since you can only have up to 20 of them right now.

Would have been curious to see what having 30 galleries looks like though

1jediboy, 07/27/2018, 6:30 pm NST
You can write in a Textedit on your customizations.
I'm content with my neopets' species!
30 galleries? Hmm... That seems good for those who're working on that.

What perks would I like? 10 daily Faerie jobs instead of 5.
Free access to the Future Fashions dept. in the NC mall. (If it's still there.)
Personal thank yous from the TNT themselves! *warm fuzzies!*
...OOH! Input on final designs on certain items or pet colours!
Since it was from a paid service before... ACCESS TO LUTARI ISLAND!!!

I could probably come up with a few more if I had more time.

myflickyflapp, 07/27/2018, 7:35 pm NST
30 galleries?! Christ, I don't think I know anybody who's been dying to have THAT many. xP

tyuio_k50, 07/27/2018, 8:27 pm NST
I REALLY hope they mean we're getting addition galleries though, and not just categories. 30 is quite a lot, but my biggest request these past few years is a way to separate collections in much more intuitive way, while being able to keep items common across multiple collections separate. This just isn't possible with the current categorization system.

dave - JN Staff, 07/27/2018, 10:32 pm NST
Actually being able to have multiple, separate galleries would be great, IMO. It's one less reason to need to have a side account, along with more pet slots. Would be nice if maybe one day they could eliminate side accounts by expanding what you can do on one single account. Would eliminate a TON of questions and ambiguities with the site rules.

katina_choovanski, 07/27/2018, 10:48 pm NST
1jediboy-future fashions DOES still exist, it's one of my favorite things. Anyone has access to it though I think. It's all about how much $$ you spend in one month. Do I have that right? That's what someone on this site told me once when I was kvetching about new releases I couldn't find in the mall. I've had the fortune to have premium and FF for a very long time. And that's much ado about very little, I REALLY DO like the idea of being able to change your pet species, wonder if they get to be the same COLOR as the old pet.

1jediboy, 07/28/2018, 1:21 am NST
@Dave - YES!!! Eliminate the NEED for side accounts and have the real “cap” be of how many Neopets and galleries you have!!! BRILLIANT!!! That’s basically what I was saying about the Neopets limit and how combersome it is to log into a side account! You NEED to get that to the TNT next Friday Dave!

1jediboy, 07/28/2018, 1:24 am NST
@katina_choovanski - Ah... then if you have premium, you shouldn’t have to shell out 100$ worth of NC all in one sitting to get to it.

biediep, 07/28/2018, 1:49 am NST
As someone who doesn't care about galleries and likes her pets the way they are (species and customization both), this is kind of disappointing. When I heard Premium was getting more new perks I got excited, but.. Eh.

cal_chetty, 07/28/2018, 4:38 am NST
"a chance to change your pet's species" - isn't that what morphing potions and the lab ray is for?

but i do like the idea of eliminating the need for side accounts.

foxycleopatra, 07/28/2018, 6:26 am NST
Super excited about this! Not long ago there was a poll on the premium boards about new or extra premium features.

mistyraider, 07/28/2018, 7:16 am NST
I would like to have different galleries. And the free customization journal sounds intriguing!

Sadly the only way I could combine everything/everyone into a single account is if there were 15 pet slots -- I've grown attached to my pirates and princesses on side accounts!

shakespeareofborg, 07/28/2018, 9:24 am NST
If I already have a regular Premium yearly subscription, and buy it at the sale price, when it renews in March, will I get the sale price? I never know how these sales work for people who've already got it!

mollyscribbles, 07/28/2018, 9:31 am NST
Honestly, the only Premium feature that's really drawn me is the SSW (which has been enough for me to invest in a month here and there). Like the other offered features, these are nice but don't push me to open my wallet.

purplebin, 07/28/2018, 9:32 am NST
@shakespeareofborg, when the sale comes up I always click to upgrade my existing account and then when it renews I get the sale price again. I don't think you automatically get the sale price just because you did originally.

dukula, 07/28/2018, 10:05 am NST
If they're tweaking the galleries, I wish they'd just make the upgrades cap off at 100k or so. Upgrading currently costs around 90k for me and it's destroying my bank xD

"A chance to change your pet's species"... "a CHANCE", doesn't sound particularly ground-breaking considering we have the lab ray, CC perks, morphing potions, transmogrification potions, Mysterious Swirly Potion, magical plushies/chia pops, and so on... most of which guarantee a change in species.

dave - JN Staff, 07/28/2018, 11:15 am NST
@dukula: I think the perk here is that you can do it by not needing to invest any Neopoints (by buying MPs, Lab Ray, etc.) or time (by participating in CC, etc.) to get it.

topologist, 07/28/2018, 1:20 pm NST
I second the return of Lutari Island for Premium members; I played it as a kid on one of those old Nokia phones, and sorely miss it.

dukula, 07/28/2018, 2:43 pm NST
True Dave, but that would only be useful if Neopoints/items were hard to get, but they're not. Most MPs are super cheap, and making NPs is the easiest it's ever been. Making it easier to get pets would have been more useful 10 years ago haha.

kasima_kiss, 07/28/2018, 5:40 pm NST
These are definitely interesting concepts, but I think worth paying for would be being able to rename Neopets (so I can adopt kiki2349723459827352935235 and repaint and rehome without being bothered with the eyesore names!)
and also maybe a rerelease shop with stamps or retired items that only restock once every few days or something.

rosi, 07/28/2018, 6:40 pm NST
I like the names of my side accounts so I would keep them even if there were 25 pet slots on the main ù_ù''
That said, I've never been interested in Premium so.. *shrugs*

1jediboy, 07/28/2018, 11:42 pm NST
They said they were going to allow pet name changes at one time... never happened. They said it would probably be a pay service... this seems like a good service for it.

elhoppo, 07/28/2018, 11:43 pm NST
Would be more useful to have different categories of items within the SDB - that way you could set up categories such as training and have all dubloons and codestones together, etc or all items you have hoarded for the next charity corner all together

ummy - JN Staff, 07/29/2018, 12:48 am NST
On pet name changes: the "level of work involved in completely overhauling the back end of our site to make it possible is enormous" (760).

alessia, 07/29/2018, 1:21 am NST
The only thing I would really share between my accounts is the closet. I tend to buy 5 same wearable items everytime, because I like to give my pets the same opportunity... but sometimes it's really too expensive and transferring items between accounts is tedious. Having a shared closet would be amazing

mistyraider, 07/29/2018, 1:08 pm NST
Alessia I agree! it would be so nice to be able to share NC items from my main to my side, without boxes.
But how would they control it? Only be able to share things if the email associated with those accts was the same?

alessia, 07/29/2018, 11:55 pm NST
@mistyraider: I think the "associated email" idea could work. I don't know how the closet actually works now, but they could dedicate a server only to it and, instead of having a single closet for any single account, they could link closets with email addresses and loading inside the corresponding pets. Unfortunately the problems concerns NC items, because this system could prevent real money incoming. So I think it'll remain a dream

dave - JN Staff, 07/30/2018, 9:44 am NST
That sounds like it would encourage people to change the email address on their accounts to trade NC items without boxes and then get their account stolen...

recklesse, 07/30/2018, 9:47 am NST
If signing up gave out the comic con code I'd join again, in spite of the twenty percent VAT and the risk of my money being taken without activating premium, or double/triple billing me.

It doesn't even have to be the comic con code, just some way to get the space faerie challenger without having to buy merchandise from overseas or beg, beg, beg on the neoboards.

recklesse, 07/30/2018, 9:50 am NST
To clarify, I like to gain my achievements in-game through my own efforts, not through accepting some kind of charity handout from other players or having to go outside the game to get them.

ramstercheck, 07/31/2018, 9:33 pm NST
Who actually cares what u get? It is the discount that natters.

1jediboy, 08/1/2018, 12:47 am NST
👆It’s them dolla-dolla bills y’all! 🤑💸💸💸

combustibles, 08/1/2018, 7:28 am NST
The journal function and pet species change are live.