A searchable database of Neopets images
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Help us model your pets!

Comic-Con After Party Summary
  • Posted on July 20, 2018, 3:48 pm NST

Our summary of the Neopets Comic-Con After-Party is here! Our very own Perry had the opportunity to head down to San Diego and attend the party.

Included are some of the juicy details about the next Neopets mobile app that we previously reported, along with some additional information and announcements. Perry also had the opportunity to have some one-on-one conversations with Dark Lord (the CEO of Jumpstart) and Hip-Hop Queen, and we've included those details as well. (Spoilers: Key Quest, a second Neopets app, and the future of Neopets!)

We also have a few extra photos and video courtesy of Riana, @bonkish, and khanhm666.

Read the Summary »

(We'll also have some updates coming this weekend with more photos and information about their booth, so stay tuned!)
1jediboy, 07/20/2018, 5:09 pm NST
Beautifully well written! Thank you for your field-data, Perry!

josie, 07/20/2018, 6:30 pm NST
I really enjoyed reading this, and I'm looking forward to the new games.

I also hope that the new KQ will have an option to let us play against computer-generated opponents in addition or even as a stand-alone instead of having to go up against actual players from the site. With all the drama KQ had in the past regarding people quitting in the middle or right at the end of the game, this would be a nice feature to have; plus it would make the game more attractive to those who are not very keen on direct-play and interaction with others.

1jediboy, 07/20/2018, 7:00 pm NST
AND OMG! THAT ANIMATED VIDEO!!! STUNNING! MARVELOUS!!! EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED!

1jediboy, 07/20/2018, 7:01 pm NST
Satisfied my itch for a Neopet show/film quite nicely!

maple_snow, 07/20/2018, 8:11 pm NST
GIANT STUFFED KASS!!

Thanks Perry for the write-up! And Perry or Riana for that divine image of Lord Kass.

Wish Herdy were also able to have attended, and asked the hard Qs. xD

1jediboy, 07/20/2018, 8:19 pm NST
"The world building app sounds like a future gaming addiction. And the idea of maintaining the old bulky site and a fresh new mobile site sounds cool."

DILLY, DILLY!

bonju, 07/20/2018, 8:20 pm NST
Loving the real life mystery capsule items. Soo nostalgic.

peirigill - JN Staff, 07/20/2018, 8:37 pm NST
@maple_snow: The picture of Kass was Riana's! She gets the credit for that.
It wasn't really the venue for "hard questions." It would have felt like asking the bride about her relationship problems at her bridal shower.

inkpot, 07/21/2018, 1:59 am NST
the animation and art for the krawk character is stunning. honestly something reminiscent of what the art team back with Viacom/Nick could pull off.

1jediboy, 07/21/2018, 2:16 am NST
*paws crossed 🤞 that there’s a TV show looming now! 😁

theartofscreaming, 07/21/2018, 10:12 am NST
SQUEEEEE THE KRAWK ANIMATION LOOKED AMAZING!!! I'm super excited for all the new apps! (mainly the worldbuilder, I love those kind of apps!) Hopefully we'll even see some of our old favorite characters! The future of Neopets looks bright, I'm happy to see them doing well and planning new things!

1jediboy, 07/21/2018, 11:48 am NST
@theartofscreaming - Excuse me, theartofscreaming, but were you the one who liked my idea for a paint brush colour I brought up awhile back?

dave - JN Staff, 07/21/2018, 5:33 pm NST
@1jediboy: I really hope they're spending the money on improving the site and developing new games, and not pouring it into a TV show that would probably flop...

1jediboy, 07/21/2018, 7:39 pm NST
... Actually, that's a good point. They should probably wait until their finances climb before something like that is made.

(And I DOUBT it would flop. Bomb financially? Very much likely. But the cult-following of us Neopians would be TOO STRONG to not love it!)

theartofscreaming, 07/22/2018, 8:44 am NST
@1jediboy Haha, yep that was me! It was a rubber hose cartoon style paintbrush, right?

una, 07/22/2018, 1:11 pm NST
So good! Thank you for posting this, and for the pictures. Excited for Neopets in the future!

1jediboy, 07/22/2018, 4:32 pm NST
@theartofscreaming - YES! Yes it was! Since it seems that TNT is taking paintbrush ideas, do you think maybe you can vouch for me? I don’t go on the boards, but if I ever get my paintbrush colour to them, maybe if another voice says they like it they might be more likely to make it!

1jediboy, 07/22/2018, 4:38 pm NST
More specifically, can YOU please tell the TNT about my idea? Again, I don’t go on the boards. I would be very grateful if you did. (and say it was my idea. )

acexcat13, 07/24/2018, 5:56 pm NST
At this point, I think I wanna CRY because I couldn't make it.

SOOOoooooo many questions and ides to share.
Stuff woulda been cool and all, but meeting the staff would have been the highlight.

combustibles, 07/25/2018, 8:56 am NST
Ok, I'm starting to believe a little more in JS and NetDragon. I just wish they'd bring back some of the old TNT, because I feel like they still don't fully grasp the IP they bought.

1jediboy, 07/25/2018, 12:27 pm NST
theartofscreaming? Did you see what I said?

froststar936, 07/26/2018, 10:32 pm NST
That blue Vandagyre plushie looks so much like something they would have made in 2007 or so that I almost cried. I never thought I'd see the Neo plush days again, and I am so ready.