Altador Cup XIII
Help us model your pets!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Battledome Updates in the Future
  • Posted on June 28, 2018, 11:20 am NST

hardtotame is on the boards again today, this time sharing an update on how they will be approaching Battledome fixes:

We liked your suggestion to start with a few simpler fixes that take less time, so that you have visible improvements in the BD sooner rather than later. We're moving ahead with this plan. Again, I don't have a timeline, but know that this decision will speed up the overall process. However, you may not see some of the bigger fixes until much later.

No other news yet, but hopefully we'll see some fixes and additions to the Battledome, which was revamped all the way back in 2012 but hasn't been touched since.

Hardtotame later clarified her position on the Neopets Team slightly:

I am not a programmer and I never claimed to be one. Just thought I should let you know. You can thank me for communicating (my pleasure) and for getting your messages across to the right people on the team (any time, folks!) but don't thank me for fixing things. I rarely fix anything on this site (some of the item fixes I have done, but nothing beyond that) and you should be grateful for that!
dillpickles, 06/28/2018, 11:41 am NST
Hardtotame also fixed the trophy order so it's chronological again! It's BEAUTIFUL!

rosi, 06/28/2018, 11:48 am NST
@dillpickles: nice thing to notice Thanks.
This is true for site events only, while game trophies are still ordered by the games' ID, not chronological order (my most recent game trophy is still in the middle )

biediep, 06/28/2018, 12:05 pm NST
What was this in response to? What kind of suggestion and what kind of fixes?

dillpickles, 06/28/2018, 12:11 pm NST
@rosi: Pretty sure game trophies have always been ordered by ID.
I'm just glad the events ones are fixed. It was so awkward to have half of my trophies in chronological order, and the others lumped in by event!

tuxonimo, 06/28/2018, 12:19 pm NST
I wish TNT fix the Defenders of Neopia, and add some new challengers. Let me dream hahaha.

dave - JN Staff, 06/28/2018, 12:40 pm NST
@biediep: It was a brand new topic with hardtotame's quote as the first post. I don't think it was in response to anything in particular, but rather just a general update based on feedback they've seen on the boards and in the survey they did awhile back.

mistyraider, 06/28/2018, 12:52 pm NST
Now if only they would re-size the daily dare trophies, I would be a happy camper!

biediep, 06/28/2018, 1:24 pm NST
Thanks Dave That's odd, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. & Hooray for chronological trophies for sure!

Personally I'm hoping they will make Movement useful at some point. The millions of Air Faerie quests I've gotten from FQCs have been nothing but a waste of money.

biediep, 06/28/2018, 1:25 pm NST
I realize the movement thing probably won't be one of the fixes HTT is talking about here as it doesn't sound like a "quick fix" lol, but just something I really hope to see in the future c:

melinda_kacheek, 06/28/2018, 2:10 pm NST
I am very sure you can cancel FQs. I only do Air Faerie Quests if I already have the item.

99chickie, 06/28/2018, 2:17 pm NST
The Battledome was revamped in 2012? I could've sworn that it was later. Gosh, I feel so old. xD

beyondelsewhere, 06/28/2018, 3:08 pm NST
Wow. 2012? I didn't realize that much time had passed. Why is time so weird???

YAY for trophies in order again!!!

dreww355, 06/28/2018, 4:28 pm NST
I so happy the event trophies have been ordered chronologically again!! That's been bugging me for a while.

1jediboy, 06/28/2018, 5:01 pm NST
Thank Fyora! Trophy fix!!!

puffkins2000, 06/28/2018, 8:15 pm NST
This has nothing to do with the BD, but MIGHT have something to do with stuff being fixed... Has anyone noticed when they go to the Healing Springs, there's not an item mentioned and a broken pic, and somehow you receive a green apple? Second time this happened in a day.

beyondelsewhere, 06/29/2018, 4:44 am NST
@puffkins2000 OH! That just happened to me this morning! I didn't even realize the green apple was from the springs. I took a screenie of the weird reply from the faerie and laughed at how the item url was simply .gif

I feel less alone

puffkins2000, 06/29/2018, 6:22 am NST
@Beyondelsewhere, it just happened to me again, lol. I was hoping that maybe the Healing Springs' "prize pool" might be the next one updated, otherwise... I have no idea what's going on.

Oh well, I get food out of it at least, lol.

dillpickles, 06/29/2018, 8:17 am NST
Hahah, oops. Apparently hardtotame doesn't want credit for fixing things. She started a board titled "I am not a programmer". Well, whether or not she fixed the trophies, we still appreciate it, and the communication!

gamer_5_55_555, 06/30/2018, 5:16 pm NST
I can imagine a meme where we thank hardtotame for things on the site