Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Wraith Resurgence Prize Updates
  • Posted on June 7, 2018, 11:21 am NST

It appears that Neomails are going out informing users if they were eligible for the "A Stickler for Time" achievement that some missed due to a glitch during the plot. This will only apply to those who missed Day 1 of the Fiendish Formations portion (as confirmed by TNT below). If the achievement pushes you up a trophy rank, your trophy will be automatically upgraded and you'll receive the prize you missed. You can also claim your avatar from the achievements page.

For most Neopians, this will likely mean an upgrade to the top trophy tier along with the Wraith Resurgence Stamp.

The Neomail in question:
Good news username,

We have verified that you are eligible for the "A Stickler for Time" achievement in The Wraith Resurgence, as you only missed Day 1 of Fiendish Formations. With this achievement, you have made it to the next trophy level. Accordingly, we are updating your trophy and adding an extra prize to your inventory.

We hope you like them!

The Neopets Team

We're still on the lookout for people who have completed the following # of achievements during the plot:

• 28 achievements (please confirm if you were Slick Psychic or Vapid Volunteer)
  • 14-15 achievements (please confirm if you were Vapid Volunteer or Frivolous Fresher)

If you completed 28, 14, or 15 achievements (you can count them on the achievements page), please post in the comments on this post or send a report to let us know so we may update our guide!

Final Prize Guide »

UPDATE: TNT has posted a long message about who ended up being eligible for the achievement recount. The short version is, only those who missed Day 1 were eligible for the "7 out of 8 days" fix. If you missed Day 2, 3, etc. you were not eligible.

I'm sorry.
There was quite some confusion at office about the 'A Stickler for Time' achievement and what we had done to address that issue.
When I last gave you an update about this, it was common understanding that everything I said to you was accurate. (I verified with my boss before I posted on the boards.)

However, since then, the programmer that worked on it came back and asked us a few questions about the bug reports that started trickling in, which is when we realized that she'd been talking about a different issue all along. She thought the problem we'd been discussing was the bug that unlocked certain days in advance for some of you, and messed with your total count of days completed.

THAT was the bug that she insisted she had fixed way back then, NOT the issue with players who didn't catch group 1 on the day of release.

Now you must be wondering why I said we had fixed the issue by changing the requirements to finishing any 7 out of 8 days on the day of release - this was something that we had discussed in office as a solution way back then, but apparently never implemented.

The confusion came about because she was telling us she had fixed the problem (a different one) but that she couldn't remember exactly how, and another member on the team (who, like most of us, thought we were ALL discussing 'A Stickler for Time') said 'I remember this. The fix was that we changed the criteria to 7/8 days.' Somehow she didn't catch that, and therefore didn't correct him - but those of us that heard him all thought that was the explanation.

After we realized our mistake, we ran a script yesterday to update the achievement for those who completed 7 out of 8 days, with one additional criteria – the day you missed had to be Day 1. We think this is better than just handing it out to everyone that missed any 1 of the 8 days. This is the final decision on this matter.

I'm genuinely sorry about the inaccuracy of my previous post on this topic. I was truly mortified when I realized that I had given you the wrong information. In all honesty, I wanted to just keep mum about it and pretend like nothing was wrong, but it was pretty obvious that the NeoMails that were being sent out yesterday were very different from what I had told you would be happening with this achievement. I'm here to apologize and to request that you don't let this prevent you from trusting in me as a reliable source of information here on.
meercatristonhopets3, 06/7/2018, 11:37 am NST
yay I got the NM + prize too, without even sending a ticket! Thanks @ TNT

kookybloo, 06/7/2018, 12:00 pm NST
If you get this email, be sure to go to the FF achievements page and claim your avatar at the bottom.

kookybloo, 06/7/2018, 12:01 pm NST
Never mind, I can't read

tangamandapiano, 06/7/2018, 1:04 pm NST
Heh. Are they going to give me something else for completing it on the day it was released? Tsc.

lunas, 06/7/2018, 1:31 pm NST
Yes! I got the mail too and was upgraded to top rank, got my stamp, and was able to claim the avvie. I am very glad they fixed this, and relatively quickly too.

candyshop__, 06/7/2018, 1:49 pm NST
I didn't get the nm and the prizes
I only missed A Stickler for Time

purslane, 06/7/2018, 3:59 pm NST
whiners win the day yay

lemniscate, 06/7/2018, 4:32 pm NST
It's not whining, purslane, it's critiquing. You can't change the rules for what counts as a day [and in the middle of a slow moving plot at that] - it's just not fair. It has always been a day and a half before and TNT acknowledged that.

dave - JN Staff, 06/7/2018, 5:16 pm NST
@lemniscate: Not only did they change for what counts as a day, they fundamentally changed the definition of a "day" by making it from noon to noon, rather than midnight to midnight.

This update is pretty fair, IMO, and I hope it leads to TNT being more consistent with event timing since that's how everyone expects them to work.

matjamhar, 06/7/2018, 7:06 pm NST
Still nothing on my end. Hopefully I'm just further down the list.

unvile, 06/7/2018, 7:19 pm NST
Are TNT ever gonna acknowledge the glitch with the haze for me + other users? Quite unfair as we followed the guide (And had ALL hazes clear) yet our achievement did not turn GREEN! Because of this I feel cheated out of the TOP trophy + Stamp

pineapple_bob, 06/7/2018, 9:32 pm NST
Regarding the request at the end of this post: I completed 13 achievements and got the Frivolous Fresher trophy.

1. Joining the Resistance
2. Observant Bystander
3. Clever Clairvoyant
4. Deft Divinator
5. Oh, Snap!
6. Snap, Snap, Snap
7. Twas a Snap!
8. Back in Action!
9. Knackered!
10. Playing Hardball
11. Bubble, Bubble
12. Poof!
13. Hat Trick!

Hope this information is helpful!

lunas, 06/8/2018, 5:54 am NST
@purslane way to be a good sport! ...:S

It's not whining, this was a very valid point made by a lot of people. They changed up their whole day scheme out of nowhere without warning. Causing people from both us and europe and asia etc. to think they had seen everything that day to miss the new addition by mere hours. (Literally 1,5 hours in my case). So no, it's not whining, and it is quite unfair and just frankly unnecessary for you to say that. I spent this whole plot logging on every single day, sometimes more than once, in order to get the full jam when it came to achievements and prizes. And it took weeks between steps! So if you didn't get the top tier then that sucks for you, but don't ruin other people's happiness that they were justly awarded the top tier after tnt realized their mistake.

tangamandapiano, 06/8/2018, 6:14 am NST
Thing is: That was a hard thing to pull off, and some people DID pull it off.

I just wish I had something extra for it. My effort was not rewarded at all.

jessalynn, 06/8/2018, 7:16 am NST
TNT posted on the Neoboards about miscommunication about that achievement.

pasqui, 06/8/2018, 7:26 am NST
@tangamandapiano: No it wasn't a hard thing to pull off, it was a pure lucky thing to pull off, depending on when you logged in that first day. I did it and plenty of others did it simply because we logged in past noon NST on the first day. And I think it's more than fair that the people now get it who missed out because they logged in too early on the first day and too late on the second day and so missed a "day" while still having been on EVERY SINGLE DAY.

dukula, 06/8/2018, 9:18 am NST
I know this isn't the place for this, but my email to JN hasn't been addressed. Could a member of staff please correct the Beauty Contest page? It says that if you win gold, you get gold banned for 4 months, but that's wrong, it's 4 weeks.

dave - JN Staff, 06/8/2018, 9:27 am NST
@pineapple_bob Thank you for posting that!

@dukula Sorry, our content staff just hasn't gotten to that bug report yet. I'll see if I can get it fast tracked.

drzoidberg, 06/8/2018, 10:11 am NST
Unrelated, but here's a "story" from TNT about the new jelly flavours: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159473139&next=21

1jediboy, 06/8/2018, 11:32 am NST
YES!!! I've been waiting for those jellies for YEARS!! STOP STARING AT ME LIKE THAT! IT EXISTS!

*crickets chirp*

tangamandapiano, 06/8/2018, 12:22 pm NST
Yes, it was a hard thing to pull off. No, it was not luck. I checked Neopets every 4 to 6 hours whenever they stopped releasing stuff.

cocojan, 06/8/2018, 12:47 pm NST
tangamanda - I got the first day on time and it was luck, because my timezone doesn't align with the NST. I'm faaaar from the top ranks so it doesn't mean a thing for me, but if I could get the first day on time then it was definitely NOT hard to get. It was simply by chance of logging in at the correct time of the day.
If YOU logged in every 4 to 6 hours for months then that shows your diligence but it shouldn't be mandatory for getting an achievement that clearly required to be logged in only once a day.

tangamandapiano, 06/8/2018, 3:00 pm NST
Ok w/e

cheyennet2, 06/8/2018, 5:13 pm NST
Should I have gotten a neomail if I qualified for the achievement. I got all but day 1 of FF and did day 1 only about an hour late, but havent heard anything.

dukula, 06/8/2018, 6:30 pm NST
Thanks Dave! I think I sent the email around a week ago haha

boriman394, 06/8/2018, 9:50 pm NST
I love hardtotame's (presumably, since she gave the initial info) apology! It's a totally understandable miscommunication and I appreciate that she owned up to it. I wish she was in the staff tourney so I could put her on my team.

inusfan, 06/9/2018, 10:13 am NST
Aww, no fair. ;~; I thought it actually worked out for me... I logged on and checked for a new step at 11NST on day 2, seen there wasn't a new part so figured it was still day 1, so I didn't check again until I came on the next day just have 12NST. x.x That's the only one I missed, I even made sure I visited the event page everyday during the event and battled almost everyday since that was released but I was still 1 achievement off. >.<

doggetts_back, 06/9/2018, 10:45 am NST
My daughter did every day (including Day 1), but she got the glitch where Day 5 started after she completed Day 4. She did Day 5 on Day 5 but didn't get the achievement. I think if they're going to hand out achievements, then they should just give it to everyone who had a legitimate issue. It isn't as though she didn't complete everything.

lunas, 06/10/2018, 10:00 am NST
@tangamandapiano: honestly. It had nothing to do with hard work. It was just plain dumb luck if you got day 1 on the first go purely because you logged on at the right time of day. Awesome for you! But don't say it's hard work when everybody else who now, rightly so, got the achievement, also logged in every day to check for several months. Great for you that you have time and opportunity to check every 4 hours, but let me ask you, do you set a bloody alarm clock at night every 4 hours? Because that's what it would have taken for a lot of us to get the Noon 12 update to see day 1 in the first place. Thnx.

zixianna, 06/11/2018, 4:14 pm NST
inusfan - Ouch.... .That stinks I can totally understand your frustration with that one (and it may be worth sending a mail in anyway, just be polite about it and don't expect anything, so if it DOES work out, great!)

morganjoisle, 06/11/2018, 5:40 pm NST
Personally I am a bit annoyed by this. Not only did I miss out on an awesome avatar, but the shiny trophy and an expensive stamp because again, I was at an anime con the weekend Fiendish Formations started. Joy. Yes I get neopets majorly awards people for logging on every single day without fail and loves to make time-sensitive events, but I kind of feel disappointed by how many prizes relied solely on this one step of the plot. I achieved every other achievement, battledomed frequently, and healed all the pets despite all the Firefox-related glitches. *sighs* But I missed the first three days of Fiendish Formations because I didn't have access to a desktop, so I am locked out of an avatar, the top, sparkly trophy, and now get to spend a ton of NP on a stamp.

lunas, 06/12/2018, 12:20 pm NST
@morganjoisle

I do agree with you on that. There were a LOT of prizes and stuff hinging on that one thing, which seems unfair given the amount of work involved in all the other steps (not to mention the skill and patience and time spent training etc.).

nomorestars, 06/26/2018, 7:35 am NST