All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

Altador Cup Sign Ups Live
  • Posted on May 29, 2018, 11:48 am NST

The Altador Cup is now taking sign ups for the 13th year! As is usual, for signing up with a team, you'll receive that team's respective wearable frame and a special prize for the number of previous Cups you have participated in. You will also receive the Altador Cup site theme for joining.

The new prize for this year (in other words, playing in the 12 previous Cups) is an Plushie Yooyu.

The Rules page is currently not posted, so official tournament dates and any updates to this year's structure are currently unknown. We'll post as soon as we know more!

Update: Tournament play goes live on Monday, June 4th, and you have until Wednesday, June 6th to select a team. No other tournament information is currently known.

purplebin, 05/29/2018, 12:00 pm NST
By the way, a few days ago they made the frames animated a bit (the logo moves out and in), and that caused the pets wearing them to disappear. Today they are all fixed!

rosi, 05/29/2018, 12:54 pm NST
Thanks. Now they should draw a Plushie Yooyu plushie, too

melinda_kacheek, 05/29/2018, 1:00 pm NST
Should mention that the games seems to be still in Flash and no team lineup changes so it looks like rumours regarding these are squashed.

maple_snow, 05/29/2018, 1:23 pm NST
^ No surprise, as they tease roster changes like every year, but are too inept to actually change anything.

purplebin, 05/29/2018, 1:30 pm NST
They still have time to change things before the practice rounds are over.

melinda_kacheek, 05/29/2018, 1:34 pm NST
Anyone else getting last year's stats for this year even though no one should be getting stats for this year yet?

maxgarou, 05/29/2018, 1:48 pm NST
Guys, what would be a good team to join?
Last year I played for Darigan.

1jediboy, 05/29/2018, 2:07 pm NST
What?!?! How could they write such quality press reports and NOT follow up on them?

1jediboy, 05/29/2018, 2:16 pm NST
Oy! I hope it starts on June 1st! I schedule June exclusively for the Altador Cup!

nightshadeswiftswing, 05/29/2018, 3:00 pm NST
Year 11 of being Team Darigan for me (should be year 12 but I was frozen in 2011 "for my protection", sad face)

purplebin, 05/29/2018, 3:02 pm NST
Can't be June 1st, they have to give us a whole week!, which would be June 5th.

candyshopqwe, 05/29/2018, 3:02 pm NST
hmm I thought we weren't going to have a cup this year

i'm glad it (seems) to be happening<3

1jediboy, 05/29/2018, 3:41 pm NST
"Can't be June 1st, they have to give us a whole week!"

My meticulous systeeeem!!!

nightshadeswiftswing, 05/29/2018, 4:41 pm NST
Have the altador cup frames always been animated on customization or is this a new update to them?

puffkins2000, 05/29/2018, 4:51 pm NST
12th year I've gone with Krawk Island (( although it says I've only done 11 years. XP )). I wish the AC was different this year, with new games or a new way of playing. It just seems so... repetitive.

purplebin, 05/29/2018, 5:26 pm NST
@nightshadeswiftswing, see my post at the top.
The frames have been updated with animation.

dustin, 05/29/2018, 5:48 pm NST
Going with Krawk Island this year. I've never been a fan of the AC but we'll see how this year goes...

The "Eventide" Yooyu is the same image for the eventide Yooyu file, and the plushie Yooyu file.

maxgarou, 05/29/2018, 6:09 pm NST
@puffkins2000
I think the same. That's why I only do 20 YYB games. 10 SS, 50 MSN and 50 SOSD every day and that's it. Sure, I'd love to get better prizes, but I just can't play more than that.It gets pretty boring
They need to come up with new games.

cloonshannagh, 05/29/2018, 6:11 pm NST
Well, Banna is happy to add another Yooyu to his little pets. GO MERRY MERIDELL!!

bodhi, 05/29/2018, 6:31 pm NST
SHENKUUUU!
7 years, baybeee!
Oh, ANOTHER Shenkuu frame? Oh, boy! /sarc

thaliel, 05/29/2018, 6:40 pm NST
just in time for my internet connection being shut down on june 24th

moonlightwitch, 05/29/2018, 7:29 pm NST
Just in time for my net to be hooked up *Happy dance*

naburin, 05/29/2018, 9:29 pm NST
*T'challa voice* KRAWK ISLAND FOREVAAA

puffkins2000, 05/29/2018, 10:05 pm NST
@maxgarou; I do whatever it takes to get to rank one, and then it's pretty downhill from there because I get bored easily after that and it seems more like a chore than a game. Usually 1 YYB game a day and 5-10 games of SOSD is what I do.

ducky - JN Staff, 05/30/2018, 3:42 am NST
DARIGAN CITADEL! WOO

...also I really, really, really, really hope they'd release that first and old (has there beeen any other?) Staff Tournament avatar

purplebin, 05/30/2018, 6:24 am NST
Missing that first Staff Tournament avatar was a real low point on Neopets for me...
I even managed to make it back in time after an 11 day trip to India to get the 10th birthday one! After a 30-hour plane trip and getting home very late, I still logged in to Neopets, and there it was...

mavegibson, 05/30/2018, 9:23 am NST
I go with Krawk Island every year, so I'll be sticking with them, but as always I will only be playing enough games to get a trophy - no more than that. I find the games very repetitive and boring. I used to spend hours trying to get more points and get a higher rank but I can't do it anymore. ANGTFT.

contessa, 05/30/2018, 12:06 pm NST
HIya JN Team! Would you please update the AC daily? If you click on the JN guide icon underneath it, it takes you to the AC 11 guide not this years the AC 13. I tried deleting the daily and then re-adding it back but it still shows year 11. Thans, y'all are the BEST!

contessa, 05/30/2018, 12:09 pm NST
ugh, I should have posted that elsewhere sorry

alex, 05/31/2018, 12:28 am NST
I wonder how many people have played all the cups! That seems very impressive!