Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
Earn NP from playing games!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!

Wraith Resurgence Over
  • Posted on May 14, 2018, 10:36 am NST

Following on from the removal of the majority of steps on Friday, this morning you may have noticed the plot Battledome Challengers disappearing from the dome. This comes along with the removal of all remaining steps, meaning the plot is no longer completable.

New dialogue from Fyora is now available on the Headquarters page, as well as a brief update from Kaia and Malum on the Clearing page. The wording of the latter update, however, implies that the synopsis to explain the story of the plot mentioned by Jade in a recent editorial is still to come.

If you noticed some of your previously completed achievements glitch to appear unclaimed last week, this also appears to be fixed and they are now showing correctly.
vedrfolnir, 05/14/2018, 10:43 am NST
Okay, is anyone else having problems with Neo? I've been trying to get one page to load and nothing is happening now! It's been over 7 hours!

atryeu, 05/14/2018, 10:49 am NST
No problems on my end. I just did my dailies without any issues, compared to yesterday's horrible lag. Hope yours straightens out.

vedrfolnir, 05/14/2018, 10:53 am NST
Oh man. I was worried about that. My brother has got a full gold streak so far on DD, he's devastated.

atryeu, 05/14/2018, 10:57 am NST
I'm sorry Best I can offer is have you tried in a 2nd browser to see if the problem is there? If it isn't the problem is something with the main browser (try clearing the cache & cookies, get any updates, disable add-ons, etc). If it doesn't it could be anything from your personal internet having an issue with teh domain in which case you'd either have to contact them or wait it out (mine has done that before), if you are having problems elsewhere too, you could try to reset your modem and/or router to try and fix the problem. Have you tried shutting the computer down, keep it off for a minute and then turn it back on? You'd be amazed how many problems that can sometimes fix LoL Anyway, best of luck Hope it straightens out for you!

1jediboy, 05/14/2018, 11:14 am NST
WHEW! *collapses to floor* You know what? I think the only gripe I have about the plot was the lack of comics.

Seriously, I can put up with glitches and bugs. What I can't tolerate is lack-of-visuals! I used to BEG for animations by Neopets! THIS plot gave me a whole newfound appreciation for flash-comics!

If someone out there who can draw well and felt the same way I did, maybe they can use the dialogue and draw what the comic WOULD'VE been like? Please?

maple_snow, 05/14/2018, 11:18 am NST
Oh my David Lord, it really finally is over!! R.I.P. TWR!!

dragons_dusk, 05/14/2018, 11:41 am NST
There was so much of this plot I just could not finish. After a certain point, I just couldn't get anything to trigger correctly to unlock the new enemies or anything. My score is going to be awful.

lunas, 05/14/2018, 12:42 pm NST
At last! Though I am still so sour over that last stickler for time achievement for missing it by just an hour. Sometimes using the 1,5 day and other times not is really not fair. Especially when you are in europe.

lunarkitty, 05/14/2018, 1:17 pm NST
Can't wait to get a trophy!

Hopefully removing the battledome challenger notifications are next - I still have one on the Anchor Management page.

beyondelsewhere, 05/14/2018, 2:21 pm NST
@lunarkitty so do I, and it's so annoying.

phenixia, 05/14/2018, 2:32 pm NST
The idea was good, and the new steps were fun but the lack of informations and the random updates were troublesome.

themeepit32, 05/14/2018, 4:04 pm NST
Oh thank heavens

josie, 05/14/2018, 4:13 pm NST
While I enjoyed when we had plot steps to do, the long waiting times in between and the strange way the story went is what really made the plot sort of alien to me after a while.

But I'm grateful that we had it and that the staff put the effort into giving us this event. Hopefully they will take this as a learning experience and if they give us another one some day, they will take this opportunity to improve the things that didn't go so well this time.

fuzzyflufffeet, 05/14/2018, 4:21 pm NST
I feel like part of the reason they stretched it out was possibly because they know their user base well enough to know that a lot of people drift in and out and they wanted as many people as possible to have the chance to complete the steps. But it got a bit ridiculous. Starting in september and lasting until now was just too much with all the waiting time.

My biggest complaint was that there was so much waiting except the one part that had to be done day of to get the avatar. That upset me because I am here every day but IRL got me that week and I missed it. I'm not mad it was just upsetting after putting so much into making sure I did everything else

a_lost_cat, 05/14/2018, 6:34 pm NST
I feel like it was the last dying breath of neopets.
Imo

So much could have been done, comics, story lines things that brought the prior plots to the front of enjoyment. Yet we lacked alot, and in my opinion the immersion.

tuxonimo, 05/14/2018, 7:09 pm NST
Finally, im agree to the lack of comics was a bad thing on the plot, specially if we have this cool designed enemies. I lik the idea to drawing the plot, i will consider drawing it in a near future.

solsticesprite, 05/14/2018, 7:14 pm NST
People have been declaring Neopets imminently dead since I joined ten years ago.

I had a lot of fun with this plot, I enjoyed it very much.

miguelamarelo, 05/14/2018, 7:38 pm NST
This plot is the demonstration of how abandoned the game is... The lack of comics, the lack of complexity, just complete this sequence of steps and maybe next month we give another lot of steps... I was expecting some fun on the battledome, a HUGE FINAL BOSS like ALL THE OTHER PLOTS WITH BD INVOLVED! But EVEN with the BATTLEDOME INVOLVED on the plot, TNT simply doesn't care about fixing anything!!! We didn't have any challenge, it's impossible without HP increase... The plot was just forgotten between all the other site events... Now that daily Dare is reaching it's end they just remembered that the forgotten plot was there and.... NAAAHHH LETS JUST FINISH IT! Without any reasonable explanation..... I'm here for the nostalgia of what the old TNT made and is still alive on the site... The new administration is just TERRIBLE! Neopets is dying my friends!

1jediboy, 05/14/2018, 8:28 pm NST
@tuxonimo - Thank you!

1jediboy, 05/14/2018, 8:30 pm NST
@EVERYONE - STOP SAYING NEOPETS IS DYING!!!

dolamant, 05/15/2018, 7:00 am NST
Sillies!!!

If you want comics, then go to the newspaper!

TNT did an amazing job with this plot! They had to figure out how to work with several prior companies variants of web-coding and programming. As a programmer who had a project dumped ont hem that had 6 different programmers, I understand exactly what was most likely happening!

No matter what they did or did not do, there will always be angry people who were not happy with the plot, so just enjoy it as a diversion and let's all stop saying the site is dying, especially since the current team if fixing things that have been broken for years!

A little patience and understanding do really go a long way!!!

themeepit32, 05/15/2018, 7:34 am NST
the dialog boxes weren't as fun as comics

josiwomel, 05/15/2018, 7:41 am NST
I did not think that the plot of this plot ( ) was horrible, but I did not like it much either. Its set-up was a bit too much like TFR (wraiths, faeries, evil purple mist). But the worst part of this plot was that it just took so long that I did not know what part we were in, who said what, whatever had happened before. I just didn't care much at the end.

But the end conclusion of this plot is kinda cool. Now it is known that TDF is out of her stone imprisonment and on the loose (she was released at the end of TFR as all faeries got back to normal, but up to the end of this plot we didn't know that was also true for TDF). I hope that in the future they will use this and that we'll have a bigger plot about TDF *prays*

vates, 05/15/2018, 12:22 pm NST
I haven't been able to get any neopets pages to load since 6am this morning UK time. I have tried on a different browser and nothing. I am missing out on the daily dare. Never bothered with the plot as didn't interest me.

grandwolfmon, 05/15/2018, 9:23 pm NST
I do wonder... what happened to that skeith on the infirmary?

contessa, 05/24/2018, 9:02 am NST
Thank you for your services!

As a valuable member of the Resistance, you deserve a reward for all that you have done for the good of Neopia! Fyora sends her warm regards, a trophy for your user lookup, a new avatar and a few exclusive items that she hopes you will enjoy. Thank you once again for your selfless service.

Wow they did not even announce it in the News., a bit anticlimatic but I did receive the avvi, the six prizes and the trophy. Did everyone get all of those? At one time they said that extra battling and/or extra potions giving would count.

I had to go look for the trophy though. I wish they would go back to having them all in chronological order instead of just sticking them somewhere

Resistance Revolutionist