Altador Cup XIII
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

3% Discount in Hidden Tower
Today, accounts aged 60 months and over will receive a 3% item discount when purchasing an item from the Hidden Tower! Check our Hidden Tower guide for the discounted prices. [Close Alerts]
Final Fiendish Formation
  • Posted on February 16, 2018, 12:09 pm NST

The final Fiendish Formations stage is now released! Today you must score 6500.

The final day of release achievement is now officially available as well - an avatar!

» View Our Step-By-Step Guide «
daughters_ofthe_moon, 02/16/2018, 12:13 pm NST
Is anyone else having problems getting neo to load - mega lag

beedeebee, 02/16/2018, 12:22 pm NST
I missed completing one level in time for a gold check because of the strange noon release time, so no avvy for me.

beedeebee, 02/16/2018, 12:22 pm NST
I'm not having that problem, daughters - hope it resolves for you soon.

daughters_ofthe_moon, 02/16/2018, 12:24 pm NST
It finally loaded got avvie thanks

dolchay, 02/16/2018, 12:24 pm NST
and done! officially done with all 8

day 8 seemed a lot like day 7 so wasn't to bad, maybe it was just a little faster and more tiles?

I wish they would have chosen different colors for the avvie tho

teresa, 02/16/2018, 12:26 pm NST
Well...now I'm even more upset about the first day thing

I guess no avatar for me. Blegh! I hate this

lunas, 02/16/2018, 12:31 pm NST
This is ridiculous! They really should just give out the avatar to everyone who got same day scores for the last 7, because they screwed up and now we're cheated out of an avvie!

zixianna, 02/16/2018, 1:29 pm NST
-They really should just give out the avatar to everyone who got same day scores for the last 7, because they screwed up and now we're cheated out of an avvie!-

Yea, can't believe I missed an avatar on this one for that...

xfer, 02/16/2018, 1:36 pm NST
It was indeed more difficult this day. I had to restart levels left and right. But it's done

puffkins2000, 02/16/2018, 1:42 pm NST
Because of the timing and my job, I completely missed out on the achievements and the avvie. I only got day one completed.

1jediboy, 02/16/2018, 1:47 pm NST
Done!
All achievements unlocked!

dolchay, 02/16/2018, 1:53 pm NST
I feel bad for those that didn't get this one unfortunately tho, just like the faerie festival avvie and the issue with it it is not likely that they will do anything about this time around either.

chrisk123, 02/16/2018, 1:58 pm NST
Agree dolchay. Missed faerie festival avvie and visited daily. Did get this one.

berdor, 02/16/2018, 2:00 pm NST
With that done, we just have to wait two weeks for Malum to recover.

inusfan, 02/16/2018, 2:11 pm NST
Boo I missed day 2 because of the release times, woulda been nice if they just required 7+ days completed on day of.

kach, 02/16/2018, 2:15 pm NST
yeah, of course it'd have to be an avatar. :/ i got day 2-8 done on the same day and just did day 1 on day 2. but nah, not good enough. what a waste. i hate same-day achievements.. not everyone has time for stuff like this everyday...

rakkase, 02/16/2018, 2:19 pm NST
HAAATE this, I also missed the first day, hate that neo doesn't really cares about their players.
The mini game was a nuisance and we don't get anything

grandwolfmon, 02/16/2018, 2:27 pm NST
-gasps- did it all 8 days on the same day and with the required one. Finally is done.

mamsmelk_jr, 02/16/2018, 2:27 pm NST
Of course it's an avatar.... Well congrats TNT, you made me feel terrible for not getting an achievement because you don't understand the concept of time zones

Liked the game though, I would not mind it becoming an actual game in the gamesroom.

dolchay, 02/16/2018, 2:36 pm NST
@mams

Most game company's do their events based on the company's time zone not the players. It's generally up to the players if they want to participate.

rakkase, 02/16/2018, 2:45 pm NST
The thing is neo screwed the release time even for their own timezone

mamsmelk_jr, 02/16/2018, 2:47 pm NST
@dolchay not the point. I don't mind them using their time zone, what I have a problem with is that in the 11 years I've played neopets, they have always released stuff at midnight NST, which is why when there is a plot or an event I always check neopets before 9 AM my time (which is midnight NST). Because they suddenly decided to release at noon and not make the first day a double day like they normally do, they duped people like me who have set times to check for new steps because of the time zones

cheyennet2, 02/16/2018, 2:49 pm NST
There was not enough time (in theirs or any time zone) on the day of release between when fiendish formations was announced in the news and when day 2 started for this to be justified. If people were missing out on a prize its one thing, but an avatar is something that can never be made up.

mamsmelk_jr, 02/16/2018, 2:53 pm NST
@Cheyennet2 Exactly, I did not get the achievement to beat the dude on hard, and while I really would have liked to get that album item, it's something I can still get later. An avatar on the other hand

rakkase, 02/16/2018, 2:57 pm NST
Sadly there's nothing we can do, they really don't care about that sort of things.
But it was a bug that affect their earnings, that's another story

teresa, 02/16/2018, 3:27 pm NST
@Cheyennet2 :
I also agree, I could just buy a stamp or book or whatever, but I cannot ever get an avatar.

The worst part is my sister did the same as me. We did all of them at the same time, and she got the avatar (glitch?) and I got nothing

So we both missed the first day because we checked early in the am (which is fine if neo updates at the usual midnight but not if they update at this new stupid noon time).

I really feel like it's unfair and I doubt TNT will care

1jediboy, 02/16/2018, 3:49 pm NST
*looks up*

Yeah. It doesn't seem fair that this happened.
Those who missed the first day weren't alerted it was up.
I say we peacefully raise our voice that those who've been cheated out of their avatar because of a single day should still be awarded them!

neo111186, 02/16/2018, 4:39 pm NST
FML for when I miss ANOTHER plot related avatar I was around for

Missed Faerie Festival because somehow I didn't get the avatar despite visiting every day. Now missing this because I missed Day 2 when it updated on a WEEKEND and with less than 24h notification.

px, 02/16/2018, 5:05 pm NST
so is this the end of the plot..?

dreww355, 02/16/2018, 6:18 pm NST
lol at everyone who is mad at TNT. There was a full 24 hours to complete the first day, so totally fair in my mind. Just because they've done it a certain way for years, doesn't mean they have to continue with a "1.5" first day. Things change.

Really liked this game though. It was frustrating in a fun and enjoyable way.

gapi19, 02/16/2018, 6:20 pm NST
i didn't complete day 1 in time because of the weird timing (got the rest of the check marks tho) but i was still granted the avvie?

gamer_5_55_555, 02/16/2018, 6:22 pm NST
Thanks TNT! I enjoyed the game

dustin, 02/16/2018, 6:49 pm NST
I'll admit I've enjoyed the idea of this plot, I just wish it didn't quite last as long as it has. I've enjoyed it having achievements and what not but i'm ready for it to be over and curious to see what happens in the end! I just hope they don't make Malum some good guy afterwards.

mavegibson, 02/16/2018, 7:03 pm NST
Malum is a good guy, though. When he recovers he will likely have something to say about who the real villain is. I know many of us have suspected that will be Kaia but part of me hopes she will be good in the end because I like her as a faerie.

seven_dead_owls, 02/16/2018, 7:23 pm NST
I missed day two because I thought the first day was a day and a half like pretty much everything else that's timed starts as, and yes they've been doing it that way for years, but because of that a heads up would have been nice, ya know, a hey it's always been like this but we're changing to this, so no one's caught off guard. I like the avatar for the game more than the one we got for the potions part, I would have rather had this one haha
I've enjoyed the plot thus far but I'm kinda ready for it to be over with now.

dustin, 02/16/2018, 8:02 pm NST
But I mean Malum's name literally means Bad in Latin. He has to be a bad guy. lol. It would make sense if Kaia was a part of it, but at the same time if it weren't for her we wouldn't have learned where the wraiths were located. So idk.

fuzzyflufffeet, 02/17/2018, 1:54 am NST
The only part about this that bothers me is that there were weeks between steps and then suddenly it was a 24 hour thing that needed to be done. And I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed that the pace changed so quickly without warning and now I'm outta luck and this has been the worst IRL week I've had and I just couldn't neo. *shrug*

mistyraider, 02/17/2018, 3:11 am NST
Sorry for your bad week fuzzyflufffeet!

Now that the FF intensity is over and it's a 3 day weekend, is it more "hurry up and wait?"
Any ideas what's coming next?

thatgirlmarie, 02/17/2018, 12:00 pm NST
I literally missed day-of by thirty seconds because I had to keep starting over. GAHHHH.

ducky - JN Staff, 02/17/2018, 12:15 pm NST
@mamsmelk_jr not the point. I don't mind them using their time zone, what I have a problem with is that in the 11 years I've played neopets, they have always released stuff at midnight NST,
Not actually true. Back in the "old days" events were released when news were up so first day lasted like...6h. I know this because I missed so many "every day" due my timezone (+10h). News upated at 3-4am for me, then I went to school and it was already day 2 when I got back and to Neo.

I do agree it was dung for them not having 1st day being the regular day and half where we are now used to. Even every day in this was the same 24h.

kreyrie, 02/17/2018, 12:32 pm NST
NewTNT really messed up with this... I'm disappointed that it wasn't a BG or something, but an avatar? Plus they're notorious for never admitting that they've done wrong so we just get to be salty and look at what should have been. (although if this is a new game i'm hoping we can just earn it later, but the wrong-doing is still there)

1jediboy, 02/17/2018, 12:50 pm NST
Whelp... It's past 12P.M. NST and there's no new Fiendish Formations. It's officially over...

Imitates Bloat from Finding Nemo: Now what?

seven_dead_owls, 02/17/2018, 12:59 pm NST
There's the scrolls on the desk and that bigger piece of paper at the foot of the statue we still can't click on so probably two more things at least.

1jediboy, 02/17/2018, 2:02 pm NST
Hmmm... Interesting...

teresa, 02/17/2018, 4:42 pm NST
--------
Yes there was a full 24 hours, but it's different if you expect an update at MIDNIGHT rather than NOON. I checked after midnight on both days. It just happened to be slightly before noon on the first day and slightly after noon on the second day. So in my case it was something like 25 hours later. How am I supposed to expect/anticipate checking in at a different time than usual. It never crossed my mind that there would be an update if there wasn't one already, especially considering the previously glacial pace of updates.

I think it's fair to be upset. I don't expect anything to change, though.

teresa, 02/17/2018, 4:43 pm NST
Saying that it never crossed my mind to expect an update not at midnight (or if there was, it would be a day and a half like it usually has been in recent years).

morganjoisle, 02/17/2018, 7:09 pm NST
@fuzzyflufffeet: Agreed on the quick switch from a monotonous, very slow release pace to something that I had to do every single day on the day of release. I was taking a mini vacation at the start of Fiendish Formations, and was not expecting a majorly time-sensitive event. *sighs*

alessia, 02/18/2018, 2:33 am NST
Sorry, but people don't usually log in exactly at the same hour everyday...
Here the new neopian day begins at 9 am but the new step has been released at 10 pm. For people who usually connect between 8-10 pm it was a big risk...
I logged in at 8 pm "the first day" and there was nothing... The day after I logged in around 9:50 pm and I was lucky to do the first stage in the very last minutes...

>>>>>> I didn't miss any neopian day but all the same I ran the risk to miss the first achievement..... <<<<<<

This is why it's important to always do a one and a half first day... plus this new step was totally unexpected and the plot was running so slowly that a sudden 24h step was the last thing one could imagine.
People should think a bit more outside "their" box before saying something...

alessia, 02/18/2018, 2:38 am NST
Once you log in EVERY NEOPIAN DAY you should be safe to not miss anything... But it was NOT the case

topaz644, 02/18/2018, 1:53 pm NST
Check in twice a day when an event is going on.

I get it I really do but the midnight turnover is really a fairly new Neo thing.

1jediboy, 02/18/2018, 9:03 pm NST
Constantly coming back to this site's main page and finding out there's nothing new to report is AGONIZING!

Isn't there anything Jellyneo can provide occasionally that's original? You USED to have the Jellyneo Editorial, but that retired. Can't we get some sort of daily/every other daily artist doodle?

There are a LOT of brilliant artists on the Jellyneo Staff! To get some sort of cute little daily thing would be really nice! #JellyneoComics!

yukidaviji, 02/19/2018, 6:59 am NST
Why are the stages after 4 locked for me? I know I'm doing them late, but there was nothing that said we couldn't...or that we had to get the acheivement score to get the next stages because we didn't in 1-4...

zixianna, 02/19/2018, 7:49 am NST
Woooow, don't know this dreww355 person, and glad O don't. Maybe after a few years to mature, like a wine.

fuzzyflufffeet, 02/19/2018, 1:55 pm NST
@topaz644 Ya I get that, but really, this plot has been happening for 5 and 1/2 months. And this is the first part of it that needed to be done daily.

Otherwise checking twice daily and nothing was changing for weeks. And it just so happened to be the week someone in my life literally died. So I had IRL stuff to deal with and I missed a couple days. Then came back to find out this plot that I've worked SO hard to make sure I did everything is now out the window on getting everything done because they changed how it was working. So that's why people are upset IMO.

Again I'm not mad but I'm a little salty and I think that's appropriate.

alli_draggy, 02/20/2018, 9:18 am NST
I never really did Fiendish Formations other than Day 1 since it got too annoying. I don't really care about avvies, anyway.

krissa, 02/25/2018, 12:36 pm NST
FYI: There's a new achievement under the potions tab. It's called "Healing all affected site features"

jweb, 02/26/2018, 2:18 pm NST
yes but how?

lunas, 02/26/2018, 3:16 pm NST
why isn't jellyneo reporting on this???

teresa, 02/27/2018, 8:46 pm NST
And back to no updates for long stretches again...Makes me even more sad about the short window for that avatar

@lunas: They did report on it. It was available once Malum was in the infirmary.

tattooedmomma, 03/5/2018, 6:06 am NST
any one have any idea how much longer we have to finish this I just made a HUGE mistake while fighting Malum and now I have to start over

metalmario1337, 03/9/2018, 7:05 am NST
Yo TNT did you forget you were running a plot again? *poke*