Wraiths are taking over Neopia!
Create your own wishlists!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot

Suzuka
Battledome Survey Now Live
  • Posted by Suzuka
  • Posted on February 12, 2018, 3:27 pm NST

The Battledome Survey mentioned in the January 27th editorial has now gone live!

The survey is 14 questions long (with an open comment box at the end), and can be taken here.
herdy - JN Staff, 02/12/2018, 3:33 pm NST
A reminder to those taking the survey: The HP Increase is only slated as an ADDITIONAL difficulty. No one is suggesting taking away daily loot battles.

inkpot, 02/12/2018, 3:34 pm NST
yikes. that banner looks like an early 2000 neopets banner. like a blast from the past that one.

suzuka - JN Staff, 02/12/2018, 3:35 pm NST
I was thinking the same thing, inkpot, but didn't want to say something in the post itself!

jmo7692, 02/12/2018, 3:57 pm NST
I asked them in the comment box at the end that they should bring back Punchbag Sid since it's been over 5 years since his last appearance.

jmo7692, 02/12/2018, 3:58 pm NST
In fact, he hasn't shown up at all since the BD got the revamp back in late 2012.

dustin, 02/12/2018, 4:05 pm NST
They need to hire a new graphic designer for all of these banners
Hire me! I graduate in May!

dustin, 02/12/2018, 4:05 pm NST
I suggested the same thing about Sid, jmo! I've never had the chance to fight him.

bonju, 02/12/2018, 4:12 pm NST
Is that Balthazar?

1jediboy, 02/12/2018, 4:17 pm NST
2. On average, how many battles do you normally participate in per week?

There should be a box to click that says
"not counting plot battles"
because my battling is usually kinda random.
With the plot though...

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!

1jediboy, 02/12/2018, 4:25 pm NST
3. How important is this to you? Hit Points should increase based on the difficulty of your opponent!

Does that mean the HP rises after each battle?

1jediboy, 02/12/2018, 4:26 pm NST
6. How important is the Re-introducing stances & species resistances to you?

What is stances & species?

1jediboy, 02/12/2018, 4:29 pm NST
12. Would you like to see New NC Battledome Claws?

Sounds familiar... Don't remember...

will - JN Staff, 02/12/2018, 4:48 pm NST
These are all things they should work on. IMO the survey should not have been "do you want these?" but instead "which of these do you want most?" probably via ranked voting of some flavor.

acexcat13, 02/12/2018, 5:09 pm NST
1jediboy -
6. How important is the Re-introducing stances & species resistances to you?
What is stances & species?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm still confused by the HP question, but stances used to be for increasing/decreasing damage dealt or taken. COULD be useful, but not sure how it would work with new BD setup.

Different NP Species had various species-specific abilities and resistances to damage.

purplebin, 02/12/2018, 5:19 pm NST
The NC Battledome Claws are just something that give NC items when you equip them and fight. They haven't had new ones for a very long time.

jessalynn, 02/12/2018, 6:03 pm NST
@jmo7692: Oh yeah, I forgot about that!

TNT should make agility and intelligence useful. I dislike seeing Neopians thinking them as useless. I can see potential in them.

sketch, 02/12/2018, 6:15 pm NST
"Woah! There are some brand new paintbrushes! But It seems the Lab Ray Scientist in his craziness, has messed some things up in attempt to get the new colours into his lab, so we are hoping he can figure it out…but for now here's a sneak peek at what's to come!"

Sooo...two new lenny colours but does that mean Steampunk and Toy will be lab exclusive colours? I wanted Steampunk for the very hope that i could get it as a substitute BECAUSE i can't get a robot pet from the lab

xfer, 02/12/2018, 6:20 pm NST
@jessalyn - YES!! Agility and intelligence need to have some perks. I would have asked for this, had I read your comment before I voted

eliz1bef, 02/12/2018, 6:47 pm NST
I agree about agility and intelligence. I mentioned that on mine. I totally spaced Sid. I could just kick me.

1jediboy, 02/12/2018, 7:04 pm NST
Okay, here's what I sent for the "insert opinion here" part

______________________________________________

1. The merging of the two battledome records, (before 2.0 and after), as promised.

2. More faerie abilities. Making use of the unused bottled faerie bottles you guys never released. (Medium and Strong). These bottled faeries would only go to a COMPLETELY new abilities list.

3. Some sort of Hall of Fame/Infamy for ALL the retired battledome challengers! Organized from plot challengers to simply miscellaneous challengers.

4. Some sort of HTML5 section where 2-player battles could be set up cleaner and easier! You would stand in a queue, similar to Key Quest, and witness other user's battle pets live on that page. 2-player battling would be much cleaner this way rather than just sending a battle request unbeknownst to the recipient. (That method wouldn't be retired though, for those who have someone SPECIFIC they want to battle.)

5. Inflatable

1jediboy, 02/12/2018, 7:04 pm NST
5. Inflatable Balthazar comes back!

6. So does Punchbag Sid!

7. The amount of daily prizes depends on how old the account is... or the level of battle pet, maybe.

8. If increasing HP after a win HAS to come back... then the harder the opponent gets, the better the prizes should be.

9a. There should be trophies for ALL single-player challengers! (They wouldn't be released all at once. It would be a gradual thing)

9b. The trophies would be for AMOUNT of how many times won.

Example: 25=Bronze, 50=Silver, 100=Gold, etc.

10. If a single-player challenger is retiring... then ONE person, (method unknown), will receive their 1-Player Only weapons! (This is probably a long shot. Worth a try.)

11. More opportunities to make agility, intelligence, Strength, or Defense, useful! HP and Level shouldn't be the ONLY important thing!

and lastly

12. Daily battle quests to receive free codestones.

1jediboy, 02/12/2018, 7:05 pm NST
Thanks to jessalynn for the inspiration!

cat, 02/12/2018, 8:46 pm NST
Intelligence could be like every RPG and influence the power of faerie abilities and possibly some weapons/artifacts instead of strength.

xfer, 02/12/2018, 9:26 pm NST
I spaced out (as I mentioned above) so the only thing I requested is that petpets sometimes could help us in the fight, like it was possible so many years ago.

phantompearl, 02/12/2018, 11:29 pm NST
We also need additional ways and chances to receive Neggs for trading in for Negg Tokens for stat-increasing-neggs from the site since we've been without KeyQuest for 5+ years with no expectation of it returning or even working the way it once did and KeyQuest had a pretty good payout of Neggs that we don't see anymore, even with shops routinely clearing now.

sircabbage - JN Staff, 02/12/2018, 11:49 pm NST
Remember, they don't actually specifically SAY HP increase- I made a point of reconfirming my view that without HP increase the battledome doesn't work in my comments section.

magic_scar, 02/13/2018, 1:16 am NST
Isn't it a little weird that they have bug fixes as some of the questions? Like shouldn't it go without mentioning that bugs should be fixed?

ladala, 02/13/2018, 3:07 am NST
I find it funny that the glitch options ranged from basically "it doesn't affect me, so don't fix it" to "this affects me, please fix it".

Like, my battle pet has numbers in his name and I don't play 2-player. But I agree it should be fixed, because it sounds like an unfair advantage if you do.

mavegibson, 02/13/2018, 9:37 am NST
I had the same thought, magic_scar - bug fixes should happen regardless. I think maybe they just wanted to know how of a priority we think they should get? I think the #1 priority should be to fix DON. It's annoying that hasn't already been done.

jere, 02/17/2018, 6:34 pm NST
The survey is over and banner has been removed. Where is the link to Battle of the Obelisk?