Knights vs. Raiders, let the challenge begin!
The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
A searchable database of Neopets images

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | GMC | Advent

Fiendish Formations Day 4
  • Posted on February 12, 2018, 12:06 pm NST

A new stage of Fiendish Formations is now available. Today's required score is 2,800. It introduces the decoy cavalry unit (black arrows). You are intended to ignore this unit.

If you've been keeping up with it, the first of the day of release achievements should also now officially be unlocked (glitches are allowing some users to claim rewards a day in advance).

» View Our Step-By-Step Guide «
xfer, 02/12/2018, 12:11 pm NST
My my! That was sooooo fun!

rodgerflint, 02/12/2018, 12:13 pm NST
I restarted SO MANY TIMES across various levels thinking this was going to be hard with all the lag...

...and apparently choosing to restart now only restarts the current level...? I got like 3.8k points

lunas, 02/12/2018, 12:15 pm NST
This one is SO MUCH harder than the previous stages, it's just barely possible! If this was impossible already how are we supposed to get through the next 4??

topaz644, 02/12/2018, 12:21 pm NST
I didn't get enough points but now I can't replay day 4. Only the next days are up (5,6,7,8)

ravage, 02/12/2018, 12:26 pm NST
@rodgerflint it's been like that for me since yesterday's at the least! I've been having to restart a lot

daughters_ofthe_moon, 02/12/2018, 12:26 pm NST
down the bottom under levels 5-8 are two circles topaz, clicking the first takes you back to 1-4

topaz644, 02/12/2018, 12:27 pm NST

daughters_ofthe_moon, 02/12/2018, 12:27 pm NST
I restarted a couple of times thinking I'd struggle to make the total because I was finding it hard and then got more points even with mistakes than I thought I would. Definitely needed more brain power than days 1-3

mavegibson, 02/12/2018, 12:31 pm NST
Holy crap that was exponentially harder than the other levels so far. Makes me wonder what the heck we're going to be expected to do in the next levels.

novablast, 02/12/2018, 1:13 pm NST
this level is so much harder then all the others, it jumped from 3 to 7 i had to keep refreshing and was doing horrible, so i had to play with my head tilted to the side, and sure enough got gold first try!! *stiff neck now*

maxgarou, 02/12/2018, 1:33 pm NST
Holy...
That was so HARD. It took me 8 tries
That wraith it's exasperating

eliz1bef, 02/12/2018, 1:58 pm NST
That was rough! I had to replay the whole thing, but I finally got the hang of it. My brain keeps flipping the board. I keep putting them up in the wrong positions. All I can say is days 5-8 are going to be really hard!

pikachu315111, 02/12/2018, 2:29 pm NST
Some Tips:

1. Zoom out if you need to.

2. If you refresh the page the game takes you back to what level you were on but will give you a different layout. So if you get a layout you don't like you can refresh for a new one you do like and continue on without having to play through the levels you did solve.

3. Be methodical in how you solve the puzzle. What I like to do is go row-by-row (starting with the row closest to the middle), going left to right. It helps me keep track where exactly I am on the grid.

4. Immediately replace any unit that is destroyed by the assassin Wraith. It'll save you a lot of hassle.

inkpot, 02/12/2018, 2:34 pm NST
i can't do it! lmao. like i'm sitting here brain-dead staring at the board and by the time i figure out where to place a piece the wraith goes and destroys it.

came back here to see if jn had a screenshot of the finished rounds i could go off of instead but woe is me. lol. gonna have to just keep practicing. maybe i'll try again later after i've recovered from my morning grogginess. blahh

starfirefluffy, 02/12/2018, 4:17 pm NST
this was really hard!!! took me many frustrating restarts, lol

starfirefluffy, 02/12/2018, 4:18 pm NST
i had to zoom out on my browser so i could see the whole board, that helped alot

1jediboy, 02/12/2018, 4:31 pm NST
*flips table*

1jediboy, 02/12/2018, 4:32 pm NST
Man! It was tough. I'm surprised I got the score I needed with so many levels taking so long!

xfer, 02/12/2018, 5:05 pm NST
I really hope TJST will keep this and the chest game available as dailies in some way or capacity. I am loving them! I guess it was easier for me since my screen can fit the whole thing in the same screen, instead of having to scroll to see the whole board.

watry, 02/12/2018, 5:39 pm NST
I can zoom out to see the whole board, but then I can't see the board because I have terrible vision. It would also be a lot less difficult if it were still side-by-side. Man, what a difficulty jump!

skiasma, 02/12/2018, 6:04 pm NST
Took me three tries (one before I figured out the decoy, argh) and I nearly made my monitor display go sideways. Up/down is so much harder to track than side by side!

unfree, 02/12/2018, 6:16 pm NST
thank you for the reminder - looking forward to seeing this post every day lol! keep 'em coming!

8ej00, 02/12/2018, 7:48 pm NST
What should i do with this glitch ? https://imgur.com/bHfNQdr

sab1028, 02/12/2018, 8:12 pm NST
Are you having an issue like I am that after playing did not get full score but all it shows is 5 - 8?

8ej00, 02/12/2018, 8:23 pm NST
Its still day 4 right? But it counted as day 5 kind of time travel glitch

queenvela, 02/12/2018, 9:14 pm NST
I had to tilt my head sideways. My brain would not compute the horizontal symmetry line

gamer_5_55_555, 02/12/2018, 10:33 pm NST
Even if you make mistakes, submit your score! I took about 20 seconds per stage and still got the gold check my first time through.

gamer_5_55_555, 02/12/2018, 10:37 pm NST
1. Take a few seconds to have a plan before you start. The wraith assassin doesn't start up until your first click.

2. Know how many clicks per item. 1 for Axe, 2 for Blade, 3 for Cannon. Do a single, double, triple click

3. I like to go in small clumps, and quickly count
how far from the center line.

4. Practice seeing what's missing, and try to be careful. It can take a while to find what's missing (and the assassin will attack while you're looking)!

mudy, 02/13/2018, 1:56 am NST
This is such a great step. It manages to rank up difficulty while still being challenging and entertaining! I'm loving it!

8ej00, 02/13/2018, 3:00 am NST
Prize for earning 3500 points in Day 5 is Wheatgrass Juice , I travelled to the future

thatgirlmarie, 02/13/2018, 8:08 am NST
That gave me a neck ache and anxiety lol