Wraiths are taking over Neopia!
Create your own wishlists!
Help us model your pets!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot

Rylon
Paint Brush Poll: Results!
  • Posted by Rylon
  • Posted on January 27, 2018, 3:35 am NST

The results of the Paint Brush Poll from last week are in! The winner is...

Steampunk!

Making its mark as the 1st Runner-up we have: Toy!
Coming in as a 2nd Runner-up is: Origami!
And finally, finishing last but not the least is: Burlap Doll!

Hopefully we'll see Steampunk introduced in the next couple of weeks. As Scrappy mentioned in this week's editorial, we may also see one of the runner up colours released to the site as well!
abc12345, 01/27/2018, 5:21 am NST
Totally predicted it would win Along with quite a few others, I believe

pigfish99, 01/27/2018, 6:28 am NST
booo. Toy should've won.

logicalwhimsy, 01/27/2018, 6:38 am NST
Although it's a little underwhelming, I'm glad that Steampunk won... Moltara needed it. ^^;; It wouldn't surprise me if Toy became a Paint Brush too since it came second. ^^

purplebin, 01/27/2018, 6:49 am NST
Scrappy has strongly hinted we will get more than one of the colors in the future, like we did with Candy and Marble.

2b4saken, 01/27/2018, 8:07 am NST
Burlap had less than origami? (Recount I say).

maxgarou, 01/27/2018, 8:38 am NST
If they release a second one, I hope it's Burlap. Those two were my favorites.

cheyennet2, 01/27/2018, 9:49 am NST
I'm surprised burlap got last. And that toy was 2nd. Not at all that steampunk won though.

kelsyjones, 01/27/2018, 9:53 am NST
Darn, I voted for Origami...

sakibou, 01/27/2018, 9:59 am NST
That's so disappointing! I LOVE burlap and the creepy vibe it gives off.

pikachu315111, 01/27/2018, 11:16 am NST
I'd say all of them should be Colours. This isn't like how last time they had Floral which felt like another version of Woodland, all these Colours felt pretty unique. I'd say make Toy and Origami also Colours and at least have Burlap Doll appear in next year's PB voting (which you know they're going to have because the Aisha are about to run out of Colours).

od13666, 01/27/2018, 12:56 pm NST
A bit disappointing; I agree with pikachu315111.

twocue, 01/27/2018, 2:00 pm NST
Seriously, these would have all made great colors. I'm super happy steampunk won, but just still a little sad because these were all wonderful ideas!

(Seriously tho how is burlap LAST. It's so freaking cool I almost voted for it, I was so torn haha!)

morganjoisle, 01/27/2018, 3:44 pm NST
@pigfish99: Agreed. I'm not really into new colours that have paint brush exclusive clothing. ^^'

escrainus, 01/27/2018, 3:55 pm NST
Really? ok I understand why everyone voted for steampunk: clothes.

Ok I'm fine with it.. but Burlap being last is just plain sad, this is why there isn't enough creepy stuff in neo, we ae overwhelmed by cutesy stuff even in halloween :/

ravage, 01/27/2018, 4:25 pm NST
wow, the whole neopets population has terrible taste. how could burlap come last? lol

Toy was just plain naff

pikachu315111, 01/27/2018, 4:33 pm NST
@ ravage:
The Toy Lenny wasn't the best example they could put forth. Had they used the Gelert instead they could have made it into a slinky dog to get the idea better across. Toy has a LOT of creative potential, the Toy "Rubber Ducky" Lenny was a deceiving example.

1jediboy, 01/27/2018, 5:07 pm NST
I'm surprised! I thought this would be last. Maybe if everyone is asking for the last place color, it's a testimate to how much we love all four colors?
Maybe we WILL get all four! Hopefully...

1jediboy, 01/27/2018, 5:21 pm NST
Someone should start a petition.
*hint, hint*

1jediboy, 01/27/2018, 5:23 pm NST
(Last time there was a petition there were more than 50 users! By the end of said petition, we got the random contest back! Maybe we should be making more Neopets petitions.)

spunkii, 01/27/2018, 5:51 pm NST
I voted Steampunk; thought it would give the artists some work to do

inkpot, 01/27/2018, 7:46 pm NST
yayy~! i'm so happy steampunk won. ^o^
surprised toy came in 2nd though. my guess would have been:
steampunk, origami, toy then burlap.

gl to those who're still hoping for their losing color to join the rainbow pool next. ;u; (i'm kinda hoping for origami myself.)

cat, 01/27/2018, 11:30 pm NST
I'm a little surprised Burlap lost, it seemed fairly popular on the boards. On the other hand I guess its creepy aesthetic just didn't appeal to the fanbase as a whole.

I expect Toy will also become a color since it took second. Origami may or may not become a color and Burlap will probably never happen.

vaporesque, 01/27/2018, 11:55 pm NST
I agree with inkpot, so happy steampunk won. ^o^

zeelink, 01/28/2018, 2:52 am NST
I'm disappointed. I expected steampunk to win but I wanted burlap to come in second....shame.

peppermint, 01/28/2018, 3:19 am NST
I'm sorry, but from the moment I saw the steampunk option, it didn't say "steampunk" to me as much as it said "Are you Sarah Connor?"

artemisaltori, 01/28/2018, 12:31 pm NST
Toy was so boring looking. Same with origami. Oh well. Steampunk, well, it looks super busy to me.

topaz644, 01/28/2018, 4:23 pm NST
Talk about creepy. What are those red filled tubes on his leg?

rwattle, 01/28/2018, 8:22 pm NST
STEAMPUNK yess, now all those steampunk nc items will look nice on my pets.

1jediboy, 01/28/2018, 9:49 pm NST
*COUGHCOUGH*points up at my petition comments*COUGHCOUGH*

cat, 01/28/2018, 10:25 pm NST
Talk about creepy. What are those red filled tubes on his leg?
---
Good question, I'm pretty sure tubes filled with mysterious red liquid aren't usually part of the steampunk aesthetic. Given that the look says "Full Metal Alchemist" it's probably liquid philosopher's stone made up of the sacrificed souls of all the faeries Malus has been picking off.

As for how busy this is, we have no idea how much is clothing and how much is the base color. Like those metal hind legs, is that pants or is the base color a cyborg neopet?