Wraiths are taking over Neopia!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot

New Paint Brush Poll!
  • Posted on January 19, 2018, 5:11 pm NST

Another new poll has been set live to gauge interest in four new Neopet paint brush options. And wow--we have to say, these are all looking pretty good!

The new options are:

Steampunk | Toy

Origami | Burlap Doll

You may cast your vote until January 26th (7 short days!). So do so now. :)

Cast Your Vote »
lars_vanrichter, 01/19/2018, 5:14 pm NST
origamiiiiiiiii!

steampunk sounds cool but the picture reminds me of a mix between robot and stealthy.

escrainus, 01/19/2018, 5:15 pm NST
steampink looks good but I feel that they could had mixed the clothing better.... the burlap doll looks great for a 9 custom or a coraline...

purplebin, 01/19/2018, 5:16 pm NST
I think the plastic toy is the way to go. The others are a bit creepy in one way or another.
Burlap Doll is especially creepy.
Steampunk is a bit like a cross between robot and stealthy.
Origami feels a bit like the Tin Woodsman to me, like the pet is trapped in paper form.
If they do the Origami one, I hope they really DO have an origami artist who does them all in paper to model the pets after. I would love to see photos of those!
People are saying they hope that Toy will be different kinds of toys, not all just plastic, but on the voting page it does say "plastic toy".

Toy seems to have a slight edge on Steampunk on the boards so far, but it's only been a short time.

ravage, 01/19/2018, 5:21 pm NST
aw man, I really want burlap but I don't think it' that popular ;___;

Toy looks kinda lame, and steampunk looks really overdone?

kyrette, 01/19/2018, 5:55 pm NST
Steampunk? YES.
Toy looks cool!

kyrette, 01/19/2018, 5:58 pm NST
Oooh, Burlap doll too! Hard to choose...

jessalynn, 01/19/2018, 5:58 pm NST
I voted for Toy. Origami is cool, Steampunk is unique, and Burlap Doll is weird...

pikachu315111, 01/19/2018, 5:59 pm NST
Surprised Floral isn't a choice, guess they completely abandoned that idea?

Steampunk: I am Locutus.
Looks cool, but from what I'm seeing a lot of it is just clothing. For the Neopet itself looks like it just gets a new unique base color (though not an interesting one). :huh

Toy: ~Rubber ducky, you're the one.~
... Now there's potential here, but sadly I don't think this was the best representation. Granted, rubber ducky Lenny is a good idea, but not to show off the color. A new color needs to wow us, show us its potential, and the Toy Lenny doesn't do that.

Origami: Watch for paper cuts.
One of the two I'm considering. It has a unique look and not just with it being made from folded paper, the facial expression is made to look drawn on.

Burlap Doll: The Beldam special.
The other one I'm torn between. The burlap looks nice (like the detail with the feathers being unraveled), the facial features are unique with the button eyes and w

pikachu315111, 01/19/2018, 5:59 pm NST
the facial features are unique with the button eyes and wire coil hair, and I like how the legs are asymmetrical constructions of miscellaneous crafting material.

lynsyhotel, 01/19/2018, 6:07 pm NST
Toy!

sherlocked55, 01/19/2018, 6:18 pm NST
Oh my goodness! Such a hard choice cause I like all of them...except the burlap. Burlap reminds me of Coraline or the Plushie on steroids and it creeps me out.

foxycleopatra, 01/19/2018, 6:23 pm NST
REALLY GOOD colors!! I'm so torn between the burlap and steam punk tho! I love them both so much and I think we need another creepy/cool brush. We have gotten a lot of "happy" colors lately...polka dot, marble, candy

escrainus, 01/19/2018, 6:27 pm NST
For me Toy is the worst one... looks too plain, doesn't seems to offer a lot, given they all seems to end like rubebr toys going on by the description so unlike candy I don't expect much variety.

Origami will just struggle with customization and it would be better if either the pet didn't had a face or if it looked like a crayon drawing.

Steampunk looks promising, but I feel they go too much into the mechanical parts 8that looks pretty cool) but could had worked with more actual clothing and slightly less robot.

For me the Burlap doll is perfect it could work for vodoo stuff, some fashion designer thing, fantasy stuff, or just some old fashined thing.. I would totally go for it to make a coraline thing.. it lacks clothing but compensates with all the details, sometimes we need good base colors besides clothing from PB

skro, 01/19/2018, 6:56 pm NST
origami looks like it will have tons of places where you can see the base underneath the clothes and therefore awful to customize with

burlap sack is terrifying!

toy is rather boring

steampunk is rad. not only do you get a ton of pb wearables but the base color is really nice too

dustin, 01/19/2018, 7:05 pm NST
Steampunk, totally. Although I think Toy could be cool. Reminds me of another color on another pet site...

pikachu315111, 01/19/2018, 7:23 pm NST
BTW, remember that it's likely two (or maybe even three) will be selected.

Because there's a reason they need new Colour:

Aisha only have two Colours left: Marble and Stealthy.

So would be in JS's best interest to have 2 or even 3 winners, and even then they'll probably have to do a Paint Brush poll next year too.

1jediboy, 01/19/2018, 7:51 pm NST
OMG! I WANNA VOTE FOR ALL OF THESE!!!!

1jediboy, 01/19/2018, 7:51 pm NST
Y MAK UZ CHOOOOOOZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

kreyrie, 01/19/2018, 7:54 pm NST
ALL!!! ALL FOR THE LOVE OF GEORGE, AAAAAALLLL!!!

dolchay, 01/19/2018, 7:56 pm NST
I wonder if you can only vote on your main or if you can vote on sides to?

1jediboy, 01/19/2018, 8:04 pm NST
In all seriousness:

Steampunk has potential... but just looks like items in this image.

Burlap color might be a little creepy... but it reminds me of the movie "9" so MASSIVE props to them for that.

Origami is incredibly creative! One of those paint colors that doesn't match any of the existing worlds making you think it might come from somewhere else... Well done!

And Toy! This has EMENSE potential! I can already see a green "Toy Grarrl" as a "Toy Story" reference! Who knows what other action figure ideas they could get from this! (Hopefully most if not all outside references! I love those!)

If I HAD to pick one... I vote for Toy!

Origami is second on my list.
Burlap & Steampunk are tied for 3rd.

I still hope more than one make it.

skitterskitter, 01/19/2018, 8:04 pm NST
I'm voting burlap!
Steampunk doesn't interest me, but is also so close to robot w/o casings. There are plenty of items to steampunk out your robo-pet as is.

Toy is very cute, but not distinct enough to really feel worth a brush... I'd be happy if it won, though! my second choice

origami looks like it'd cause a lot of clipping errors with customization.

Burlap is a very new & interesting aesthetic not covered by anything else I feel, & while I wouldn't want one myself, I would love to see where people take customizations with it, & I feel users could go esp wild with the creepiness! The asymmetry is very charming too-- plus maybe some could utilize needles aesthetically! I think more creepy/halloweeny looks are super needed

1jediboy, 01/19/2018, 8:05 pm NST

YES!!! GEORGE!!! GEORGE IS VERY LOVEABLE!!!

snoooopy445, 01/19/2018, 8:11 pm NST
Burlap is definitely the way to go for me. Beautiful and completely different from what we have on the site right now.

fuzzyflufffeet, 01/19/2018, 8:15 pm NST
omg I wish we could vote for two, the burlap doll one is amazing!! It would make the best voodoo doll!!

1jediboy, 01/19/2018, 8:45 pm NST
Oh! The Xweetoks, Lupes, or Gelerts could have a slinky belly like a pull-along!

1jediboy, 01/19/2018, 8:45 pm NST
(toy)

cherish_white, 01/19/2018, 8:55 pm NST
I'd like them to make Steampunk a bunch of new wearables, and I actually like Burlap WAAY more than the actual Steampunk color. Burlap is like creepy Plushie and I WANT IT

inkpot, 01/19/2018, 8:58 pm NST
i'm between steampunk and origami, personally...

steampunk because i feel the base colors would be amazing. i would love more pet bases with wider ranges of greys, browns, olive, copper, etc.. *o*

origami because i freaking love origami and the gelert is giving me major kubo and the two strings vibes.

toy seems to be limited to "plastic toy" so i'll pass on that however much i like the rubber lenny look.

burlap is nicely done and i'm surprised to see it but i'm not big on spooky things...

...lol! typing this out helped me come to the conclusion that i'm choosing steampunk. x^D new neutral base colors + outfits (even if steampunk as a genre isn't much my cup of tea) appeals to me most. x^)

gl to those who are still undecided~

charlie_eppes_, 01/19/2018, 8:58 pm NST
I wish we could vote for two of them cause I really want Burlap Doll and Steampunk. But I ended up voting for Burlap because I thought the possibilities for the customizations would be amazing.

mavegibson, 01/19/2018, 10:00 pm NST
When I look at these there is really only one consideration for me: How will this pet customize? Will clothes look good on it?

For this reason alone I see only two options - either steampunk or toy.

There are already magma, robot and stealthy pets that seem similar in various ways to the steampunk vibe, and for this reason I choose toy.

Toy is incidentally the best looking of all the options, and has the most potential for creative execution across the various species.

mavegibson, 01/19/2018, 10:04 pm NST
Aesthetically I like the origami one best, but with clothes on it would look terrible. I refuse to have any pet that I can't dress up, and this would likely end up like mutant, maraquan, 8-bit and baby pets - few clothes that work on them, or else few clothes that actually suit them.

twocue, 01/19/2018, 10:23 pm NST
I had a hard time knowing what to vote for I was stuck between steampunk and burlap. I feel like there's not enough darker themes. I love Darigan and Halloween but the other newer colors have been cutesy and stuff. So I think one of these would be a nice change!

crazybeans, 01/20/2018, 1:33 am NST
I love all of them! This is so hard. I never understood the whole steampunk thing but this looks amazing! @_@

shakespeareofborg, 01/20/2018, 3:55 am NST
Unsurprisingly, steampunk gets my vote!

fenix, 01/20/2018, 5:54 am NST
Steampunk, all the way. I always love more clothing options.

sketch, 01/20/2018, 7:35 am NST
Wow they're all so cool and creative!
I voted steampunk, because it's probably the closest i'll get to robot which is lab-only plus it looks super cool! I would have loved though if the actual pet was like robot and was made like an actual machine under the clothing with gears and steam engines and all that but it's still pretty cool and it still seems like a nice neutral base-colour. The only other thing i wondered was about origami, it doesn't have the exact shape of a normal gelert so clothing will probably be all awkward on them.

alli_draggy, 01/20/2018, 8:38 am NST
Steampunk here! I thought it might have cool PB clothing for my Hissies.

recklesse, 01/20/2018, 9:25 am NST
I think the burlap doll can probably be made less 'creepy' by judicious use of contacts and other customisation options. I like the sackcloth texture and the 'hanging by a thread' feel on the legs. There could be a lot of flexibility for customising this colour.

sp4de, 01/20/2018, 10:40 am NST
I'll be happy if steampunk or burlap gets it. Voted for Steampunk though because the potential for clothing.

hpb63094, 01/20/2018, 12:05 pm NST
I really like the origami one because there's not another paintbrush like it. Same with burlap. The toy and steampunk seem like cool options, but as other people have said, I fear they cross too much into territories other paintbrushes/customizations already delve into. Like, putting a toy/jelly/marble (and maybe even some of the candy) pets next to each other, it might not be so easy to distinguish which one is supposed to be which!

kanadiansnowbunny - JN Staff, 01/20/2018, 12:13 pm NST
they're all pretty good!

2b4saken, 01/20/2018, 2:13 pm NST
Team Burlap

doomdesire5, 01/20/2018, 2:44 pm NST
Darn, no Sand(castle). We need a summer equivalent to snow!

sycatt, 01/20/2018, 3:33 pm NST
The Burlap Doll reminds me of old time Christmas ornaments my grandma used to make from burlap and straw. Brings back fond memories.

Toy doesn't look much different than other existing paintbrush colors but is kind of cutesy.

I do origami all the time so instantly liked this one. As far as customization though, I don't know if it would work for all pets. Still, it's pretty cool.

Steampunk is... hmmm not a fan of Steampunk and yet strangely I like this one. I see many possibilities.

I'm with others on this. I choose them all! Although since we must choose one, I shall vote for...

Burlap Doll.

purplebin, 01/20/2018, 5:48 pm NST
Remember, after the last vote they made the top two colors.

1jediboy, 01/20/2018, 5:54 pm NST
*clicks the "like" button on doomdesire5's comment*

josie, 01/20/2018, 8:13 pm NST
Toy got my vote. The possibilities with this color are endless! I would love to see a Uni looking like a Barbie doll

But I have a feeling that by the end of the voting Steampunk will walk away the winner. I almost voted for that one too, but Toy just seemed more interesting to me.

1jediboy, 01/20/2018, 8:30 pm NST
*clicks the "like" button on josie's comment too*

cat, 01/21/2018, 2:40 am NST
No, no, a Toy Uni had better look like a My Little Pony.

I've seen suggestions on the I/S for all these colors except Burlap so it'll be interesting to see which two end up winning.

I ended up going with Burlap though, but it was kind of a toss-up as they're all pretty much equal in my book.

fenix, 01/21/2018, 7:58 am NST
Origami could get the treatment that Baby and Maraquan do, and not be customizable outside BGs and specific clothing.

cat, 01/21/2018, 2:29 pm NST
^^ Agreed. It's not going to look natural with most clothing items so its customization is going to be pretty limited, so they might as well have gone with making it a non-standard body type so they wouldn't limit the design options.

naburin, 01/21/2018, 4:18 pm NST
Hashtag Team Burlap!

1jediboy, 01/21/2018, 5:18 pm NST
Oh! A toy Jubjub would be plastic with real hair! Like a troll doll!

And Kikos would have a clear plastic base under them. Cause Altador knows those kinds of action figures NEVER stand up on their own! No matter how many times you try to stand it up.

1jediboy, 01/21/2018, 7:03 pm NST
*GASP* I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY!

"Toy" is basically the same thing as Usuki!
If TNT just changes the name of the "Usuki Paint Brush" to the "Toy Paint Brush" then they don't have to spent more time making a toy paint brush! They could even release it in an event.

jorgesgirlforlife, 01/22/2018, 12:58 am NST
What was the old poll?

squattasxparadise, 01/22/2018, 4:54 pm NST
I feel like origami would be my choice if they had made it look anything like pretty origami paper. I mean, looks how pretty this is!!

The design they used looks like its made out of cardboard. Neopets Labo?

So I went with steampunk instead.

moonlightwitch, 01/22/2018, 5:59 pm NST
I went with steampunk. I also like origami just not in the color .I'm a pollydog fan all the way

od13666, 01/24/2018, 5:50 pm NST
Voted for Burlap, but I also love Toy! All are cool though.

roshchodesh, 01/24/2018, 6:24 pm NST
I agree with every single comment!
That may be a first