Wraiths are taking over Neopia!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot

Interesting Editorial Answers
  • Posted on January 13, 2018, 11:51 am NST

There were a number of interesting editorial questions and answers this week. Here's a short recap:

Hi Scrappy!! Do you think we'll ever be able to have more way to search in our safety deposit box? I think it would be great to be able to search by quantity.. see and sort by the rarity, and have some more categories (plushies, etc.) to sort by. Maybe you can pass that along (along with these cookies!! *hands plate of cookies*) -cheyenneboots22
Yes, so this is definitely something we've talked about, I can't give you a definite answer since we haven't made a definite decision yet. However, this is on our radar! We really want to focus on some of these improvements in the coming months so I will be sure to see what we can do!

Can you please fix Defenders of Neopia? I think a lot of us would like to at least earn the avatars for it. Now that my pet is at really awesome levels, I'd love to be able to really play through the plot. ~lastbattlefan
Sooo! As stated in the last question, this is another one we REALLY want to focus on now! Who doesn't love the Defenders of Neopia?! I do and I would love to see them back in action! There's still a lot of work to be done with this but we're really excited about it!

Hey there TNT, were there any updates on the timeline toward raising the NP limit on user shops? Currently players have to use the trading post and auction house as workarounds when they want to do a simple shop transaction and it would be a huge quality of life upgrade to be able to do higher limits in the user shop. Thanks!! ~keleri
Yes, this is one of the first updates we want to roll out to you guys so you can expect to see this one fairly soon!!

And regarding the plot wraith item limit... (Edited for length.)

... I was thinkin' about the 35 cap of dropped battledome items on The Wraith Resurgence Plot. I'm a little worried about the donations of potion from the injured Neopets. With only a few items to make potions, how we can donate a lot? You're attempted to remove this cap-thing?
... But anyways, this is a conversation going around TNT. We cannot simply remove the cap completely, otherwise Neopia would be running rampant with these Wraith items and that would just be insanity. However, we also want to make sure everyone has enough to participate in everything! I will definitely release something on Monday/Tuesday to give you a further update on it but we will make sure everyone has enough to be able to participate in all aspects of the plot!
mavegibson, 01/13/2018, 12:32 pm NST
Given how much of a train wreck this plot has been in terms of slowness and bugginess, I'm not going to hold my breath on any of this.

fozfyre, 01/13/2018, 2:02 pm NST
Maybe if they dropped the items needs more often when battling then the cap wouldn't be an issue. When I only need like, a couple things of fur/fangs/claws, and I hit the cap without getting even ONE of those things, there's a problem.

skumby, 01/13/2018, 3:00 pm NST
fozfyre: You can keep battling after you've reached the daily battledome cap of 15 items in order to collect the wraith items. The cap on those is currently at 35 total (lifetime, NOT daily).

maple_snow, 01/13/2018, 3:18 pm NST
Well it only took them five years to release a statement that DON is finally being worked on. I mean, it was 2 years ago they began "planning to fix it". But with "a lot of work to be done", it sounds like some more years before another update.

catsrnice, 01/13/2018, 3:35 pm NST
I kind of like the slow pace of the plot, not so much the bugginess though.

aro, 01/13/2018, 4:07 pm NST
Issue 3 seems like a matter of simply adjusting one variable (given that they've programmed it efficiently), so I hope to see that soon!

boblol2, 01/13/2018, 4:49 pm NST
Scrappy, I love you but your reasoning for the cap violates basic economic principles.

Economics 101:

If we remove the cap, and therefore have an unlimited supply of plot items, the demand for these items will go down since they are readily available. In turn, this will decrease the sells price for these items currently on the shop wiz. Plus, if there are glitch and users cannot get an item *cough* ectoplasm *cough*, they can just buy it from the shop wiz since the price will be lower or other users can just donate these items since they will have an unlimited amount of them. Basically, removing the cap will allow everyone to more easily participate in this plot.

cat, 01/13/2018, 7:06 pm NST
With the wraith item limit, I think the easiest thing to do would be to simply have the wraith items as normal drops, so they count toward the normal drop per day limit instead of having their own. I would set their rarity (however that's done) so that they drop around 30-60% of the time when fighting the wraiths.

maxgarou, 01/13/2018, 8:15 pm NST
It's an abuse... the price for a Wraith fur is over the 70000 NP. I'm not paying that ammount.
If they keep the cap it should be for each item individually.
This friggin' EVENT is awful.

contessa, 01/13/2018, 10:31 pm NST
I would love it if they bring D of N back, I finished all of them before it stopped. That was how my pet and I learned to battle. Also, I agree with what cat said above about making the wraith items part of the normal drops so that we could at least get the items now and then

alessia, 01/14/2018, 1:05 am NST
I don't see any problem in removing the cap and I think that Scrappy is forgetting a little detail... In fact THEY said that in the Infirmary you can use how many potions you want since they'll all count toward your final plot points. So I don't see how the site can become overstuffed with unused ingredients...
I don't think that right now many people are spending billions trying to create more than necessary potions, without the cap it would be more accessible.

alessia, 01/14/2018, 1:10 am NST
Ooooh and I REALLY like the idea of improving the SDB, that's something I have always thought about. I hope they will do the same with the Closet

mortychichi, 01/14/2018, 1:13 am NST

why would that be insanity? love how they explain things without actually explaining it
limiting the items we get only prompts rich resellers to make a fortune by hoarding them up

rafa_potter, 01/14/2018, 4:22 am NST
That SDB update would really come in handy for the next CC lol *crosses fingers*

topaz644, 01/14/2018, 5:45 am NST
I've always wanted an SDB overhaul BUT I wish old tnt had done it. I really don't trust the current staff with my sdb. They never got galleries fixed 100%, they can't program for multiple browsers, on and on.

Some of their coding looks like my bad coding, stuff I would have done, like putting Fyora in bed with the Meerca. *lol*

aro, 01/14/2018, 6:03 am NST
@topaz644 same! Not to mention the outdated table layout to style the pages, that should be fixed by now.

scarlet189, 01/14/2018, 11:13 am NST
I really want DoN back-I haven't gotten far and would love to get the avvies and a higher trophy back! For optimism, there were good questions answered this week!

scarlet189, 01/14/2018, 11:13 am NST

jayjayyyyy, 01/14/2018, 5:26 pm NST
What, why can't people just battle on different days to get items? Seems odd, aren't events meant to be somewhat difficult?

josie, 01/14/2018, 5:37 pm NST
I don't see how we would run "rampant" with the items. We would use them in the infirmary first and foremost. The prices on the shop wiz would drop, which would help those who want to do the plot but don't have battle pets, and therefore can't get them in the dome. And after the event is over, they would become another junk item nobody other than collectors is able to use for anything anymore. But right now we need them. Let's see what solution they'll come up with on Monday or Tuesday.

I like the idea with a change to the SDB. What I would love to see is to be able to add all these unwanted PB clothes to the SDB we can't remove from our closets now after zapping pets.

chanty, 01/14/2018, 6:10 pm NST
Scrappy <3

topaz644, 01/15/2018, 5:02 pm NST
I'm stupid when it comes to the save space on the server stuff. What does that mean? If I have one thing in my sdb it takes a line of code. If I have a thousand of that thing doesn't it also take one line of code?

topaz644, 01/15/2018, 5:14 pm NST
I saw a what I think is a good way to lift the BD limits. Just let everyone get 20 more of everything.

Not unlimited, not outrageous.

boblol2, 01/15/2018, 6:34 pm NST
NeoMerch is back up! The little banner on the bottom left hand corner of JN has been there for years, but I never got to see the site before it closed.