Snowager alert!

Wraiths are taking over Neopia!
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Help us model your pets!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot | Advent

Gnorbu Day Roundup
  • Posted on January 8, 2018, 5:39 am NST

Two new colours are now active for the recent Gnorbu Day!

Marble | Zombie

A bling-themed clothing set is also now released:

ducky - JN Staff, 01/8/2018, 6:00 am NST
MAARRRBLE! I KNEW IT! I EVEN BOUGHT PB FEW HOURS BEFORE IT BECAME ACTIVE.

THEN I WAS IN HORROR WHAT IS THIS.

..then I moved my one gnorbu to main, painted and it's now all set.

Solid work again. YAY FOR GNORBUS! Despite Zombie could have had bit darker ruff...

I love all you people who love gnorbus with me.

ducky - JN Staff, 01/8/2018, 6:03 am NST
Can I just say that gnorbus are? <3

Everyone should adopt gnorbu today.

pigfish99, 01/8/2018, 6:41 am NST
I THOUGHT MARBLE WAS A JELLY GNORBU

ducky - JN Staff, 01/8/2018, 6:52 am NST
^IT SEEMS EVERYONE SEEMS TO THINK SO! XD

...then I was sure there is already purple jelly gnorbu but. There is not.

pikachu315111, 01/8/2018, 9:12 am NST
I thought it was a Candy Gnorbu, lol.

yordifjordi, 01/8/2018, 10:02 am NST
OMG! FINALLY. I have been waiting YEARS to finally complete Annahbel!

saiphami, 01/8/2018, 10:21 am NST
Yikes that is a garish shade of marble

missdood, 01/8/2018, 2:09 pm NST
Years ago I used to put on my Gnorbus page - "Hey what happened to everyone who voted to make the Gnorbu a pet? and now they are the least created pet!" (Can you even look at how many of each pet is created these days?) Anyway, love Gnorbus. Now with extra space have decided to create/adopt another. But Marble - eh - maybe it will grow on me.

escrainus, 01/8/2018, 2:14 pm NST
Maybe the problem is that they don't really look like what TNT posted in the voting page.. the Lamameeah is gorgeous, would definetly create one, but the gnorbus are not my thing

cat, 01/8/2018, 2:22 pm NST
"the Lamameeah is gorgeous, would definetly create one, but the gnorbus are not my thing"

Agreed, I voted for the sabre toothed kitty and would have preferred it or the butterfly win, but the Lamameeah was adorable, whereas the Gnorbu... isn't.

I've also heard the Lamameeah was popular because there was a llama meme going around at the time, but by the time the Gnorbu actually came out it had run its course.

That marble is lovely, although it's true the lack of swirls, catseyes or speckles make it look like Jelly (except for the bubbles).

cat, 01/8/2018, 2:29 pm NST

There's where you can look up neopets created. Gnorbus are the second-least popular of the unlimited species, with the Vandagyre being less popular.

cat, 01/8/2018, 2:38 pm NST
Also, before I forget there's a glitch in the Gift of NC where accounts have been getting double the NC they qualified for.

mavegibson, 01/8/2018, 3:46 pm NST
I really don't like the marble one. What were they thinking?

escrainus, 01/8/2018, 3:50 pm NST
in glass ornaments

@cat I wonder if one day we will be able to see the Lamameeah being a pet.. actually would had loved if they choosed it instead of the vandagyre

inkpot, 01/8/2018, 4:21 pm NST
i too preferred the lamameeah. the weird head hair and neck ruff are just unappealing to me... it is too bad that for gnorbu sheering day we can't actually ~sheer~ our gnorbu to get that alternate look. x^)

marble is cool but i'm not huge on purple... i know it's not a marble but a pretty green like jade would have been cute i think... a jade gnorbu just sounds cool. x)

escrainus, 01/8/2018, 6:18 pm NST
Also some of my friends got surprised when I told them they where covered in fur (the gnorbus) instead of having a bald body with that mane being the only tuft of hair

Weren't all Gnorbus sheered in the sheering day?

ducky - JN Staff, 01/8/2018, 10:07 pm NST
^Yes. I remember her horror on the first shearing day XD

Also @cat HOW CAN YOU SAY GNORBUS ARE NOT ADORABLE!?

Miekkalilja and her friends are now offended.

I do NOT have a problem. I do not. *hides her 8 gnorbus*

cat, 01/8/2018, 10:15 pm NST
@escrainus - I doubt we'll see the Lamameeah become a real Neopet ever now, unless they make a colour that turns the Gnorbu into one. For one thing I get the feeling that they're pretty close to if not at their limit for the number of pet days they can support. For another foxes and bears seem to be the popular requests on the I/S board.

IDK, part of me wonders if they made it ugly on purpose to punish people for requesting they make the April Fools day pets real.

cat, 01/8/2018, 10:19 pm NST
"HOW CAN YOU SAY GNORBUS ARE NOT ADORABLE!?"

Sorry Don't worry about my opinion, be happy with your Gnorbus, and congrats on the new Marble addition.

mavegibson, 01/9/2018, 10:01 am NST
Gnorbus are one of the cutest pets - these people are talking crazy talk!

If you want to talk ugly pets, how about the Ogrin? or the Zafarah? Or the blumaroo? gah...

ducky - JN Staff, 01/9/2018, 10:53 am NST
Gnorbus are hard to customise, that I know. I don't usually put clothing on my pets (except pb) and majority of dresses look horrible. All the shoes are cute tho in their tiny feet :p

(and ugly pets are blumaroos and kacheeks and quiggles :p )

I seem to like unpopular species anyways (chombies, kaus, tonus and moehogs. And gnorbus)

Lamameeah were cute, yet the head is very weird shape. Tail is better tho.

mavegibson, 01/9/2018, 3:00 pm NST
Kacheeks are probably my favourite pet. Everything looks cute on them.

But I love Chombies, Kaus, Tonus and Moehogs too. Cute cute! There are very few pets I outright hate. Like the Bori - that's another one I forgot to mention. gahhhh I can't stand the sight of them.

escrainus, 01/9/2018, 4:41 pm NST
@cat - yes, sadly the lama will be left like a broken dream... and well I guess we couldn't expect much given we didn't got a plot or anything for the vandagyre reveal.. unlike boris, grundos and.... draiks?

@mave - Ogrins are hard to customize but are actually good looking, camo ogrin is gorgeous.. just made one because of this - I need more pet slots - now it also hurts the pet's anatomy. that's why I morphed my xweetok, the clothes barely shows in them thanks to their pose :/

cat, 01/9/2018, 5:15 pm NST
I like Zafaras well enough, but Blumaroos I can agree are ugly. Ogrins I'm kind of neutral about. Kacheeks were ugly pre-conversion but got a cuteness upgrade when they were converted. Scorchios, skeiths and grarrls are also kind of ugly.

I keep my hard to customize species, like my cybunnies and koi on my sides where customization is less of an issue because the clothing is more limited.

inkpot, 01/9/2018, 8:29 pm NST
wait... what. y'all like tonu?! it's nice to know there are ppl out there that'd care if tonu were wiped from neopias existence but those TONAILS man, and that comb-over hair they got... *shudder*

i always find it weird when ppl say kacheek or aisha or lupes are ugly because i feel it's less so that they're ugly and more of a matter that you're just sick of seeing them. i sometimes see ppl mention them being the ugliest pet on neo on similiar board topics and i can't take them seriously at all when there are pets who are more deserving of said title... *cough* kiko *cough*. or am i falling for some kind of bait? lol

my fav species has to be the bori, though their arched back makes them rather unattractive in most outfits...

ducky - JN Staff, 01/9/2018, 10:42 pm NST
Well species easy to customise are usually popular. Like kacheeks. I just like the look on their face. Aishas are easy to cloth and well. Catpeople. I am catperson but still I morphed my aisha (made it to baby moehog )

Blumaroos. I have name for them, but I am sure the term would be caught by Dave's filters in comments

There is only species only that I simply think it's disgusting and it's quiggle. And my hubby decided to make quiggle. He adores his quiggle. (old quiggles were fine, they were happy. Current just looks like it wants to punch you in the face).I used to dislike converted eles but I've started to be fond of them again.

Tonus are just pain in the... yeah to customise. I dont' really customise mine, since I have maraquan but they, esp basic yellow, has very special place in my heart.

mavegibson, 01/10/2018, 1:59 am NST
Yeah, some of the cutest pets are hardest to customize. 4-leggeds especially although I do love them.

I forgot to mention the Vandagyre, probably my favourite pet, with the kacheek a close second. I wish there were more clothing items for it but I absolutely adore it. Although it makes me miss petpet park.

Quiggles are kind of cute. Or yeah, they used to be before they got all angry.

I have a draik now and I thought I wanted one really badly but now that I have one I realize, it's not as fun to customize as I thought. I used to have a buzz all the time, and I love them (except their eyes) because they are fun to customize, but I don't think draiks look good in very many things.

mavegibson, 01/10/2018, 11:19 am NST
The infirmary has placed a new patient FINALLY.

mavegibson, 01/10/2018, 11:37 am NST
The two potions it needs are Taelia's Concoction 2 and Taelia's Concoction 3 - the icon is wrong for Taelia's Concoction 3, but if you have some in your inventory they do show up in the infirmary and can be used on the Meerca.

maxgarou, 01/10/2018, 11:53 am NST
Healing the neopets is taking way too long.
The wraiths are not dropping the materials needed for the concoctions. I don't know whay TNT is thinking, but they're clearly missing the point of their own event.

nimaessa, 01/10/2018, 11:54 am NST
There 3 new gifts: a key ring, a book and a collectable charm with Meerca theme.

6 potions is enough to get this prizes. I use 3 of each Concoction.

mavegibson, 01/10/2018, 12:19 pm NST
Yes, the fact that items aren't dropping anymore is a huge problem. People should not have to shell out cash to get plot items.

TNT has really dropped the ball with this entire plot.

cat, 01/10/2018, 1:41 pm NST
Yeah, I feel like TNT added the drop limits due to alarm over how many wraith drops avid battlers were generating and then forgot that some people aren't avid battlers and hadn't stored away 100+ ectoplasms before the drop caps were added. Ectoplasm at least there was no cap for a while, I'm terrified that they've set the drop limit too low for the others (or people lost some of the parts to REs or glitches) so people won't be able to do all the steps unless they buy parts from people who have decided to sell theirs instead of completing the plot. Things shouldn't be this way and the fact that they're resolutely ignoring plees to raise/remove the drop cap doesn't reflect well on them.

Tonus are one of those species that I can't see myself owning (except maybe the gorgeous Maraquan Tonu) but I wouldn't want them removed either.

Get JN updates via