A searchable database of Neopets images
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

New Plot Steps (Glitched)
  • Posted on December 24, 2017, 5:10 am NST

For a few hours this morning, new plot steps were live - however they were likely glitched to some degree and were removed. It is unclear when they will be made live again.

The steps were another round of the Murmurs, involving another attempt at the Faeries Chest, a new battledome challenger dropping Wraith Fangs, and 4 new potions to make. No new locations to use the potions at were made live, nor were any achievements added.

For the time being we would advise against investing in the new weapon from the Faeries Chest - Winged Palm Blade, since all other weapons from the Chest have been no trade and it is likely a glitch that this one is not.

Equally, the new Wraith challenger only appears to be dropping Wraith Fangs if you are not at your 15 item limit for the battledome already (similar to the coffers), so you may want to hold off on doing your daily battles just in case the steps return later on.
purplebin, 12/24/2017, 10:38 am NST
There are quite a few of the Winged Palm Blade on the TP, I wonder if anyone is buying them.

herdy - JN Staff, 12/24/2017, 10:54 am NST
Some certainly are - its a risky business though since it is almost certainly broken in that it is doing extra damage against non-wraiths instead of the other way round.

blue_dragon, 12/24/2017, 11:58 am NST
Its a little silly to even buy one as its going to turn into a no trade item

nimaessa, 12/24/2017, 1:07 pm NST
I think this one should be the Shoyru in the last chat. And the 4th one the Skeith...

herdy - JN Staff, 12/24/2017, 1:22 pm NST
yeah, which is weird, since we've already had a conversation where he's been cured.

seven_dead_owls, 12/24/2017, 3:31 pm NST
Is it a Shoyru? Looks more like a Korbat to me, Shoyru don't really have fingers or the thing on the end of their tails.

herdy - JN Staff, 12/24/2017, 3:43 pm NST
Originally it had a de-wraithing animation like the others this morning - turned into the Shoyru from the dialogue. That seems to have been removed though.

thaliel, 12/24/2017, 7:57 pm NST
still cannot use the former concoctions, as I refuse to switch browsers

solid_119, 12/25/2017, 3:45 pm NST
im not getting any drops from the first 2 wraiths for a while now even tho i dont need them right now but i wonder why ...

alessia, 12/26/2017, 2:21 am NST
The "everyday" battledome seems to be glitched too... It says I'm getting nps and items but in my inventory there's nothing (and no nps added). And the 15 items limit seems to not working either (even if it's a fake limit since you don't win nothing)

jweb, 12/26/2017, 3:22 am NST
@alessia i dit'n get the items to.

morganjoisle, 12/26/2017, 10:01 am NST
@alessia: Ouch. That explains why I haven't been able to find as many codestones in the auction house as usual. Last night I thought it may've just been a glitch related to the wraiths (because they were who I was fighting), but yep, unfortunately normal challengers are glitched for me too. I'm having the same thing where it says I got neopoints and items, but where they don't appear in my neopoint number or my inventory. This is bad, especially since the training school keeps asking for Vo codestones and I have none. Ugggggg, I don't like using the shop wizard. lol

morganjoisle, 12/26/2017, 10:04 am NST
@thaliel: Have you tried staying on the page and clicking the "use potion" button a couple times, but then leaving the room for a good fifteen to twenty minutes while the page glitches? I use Firefox and the potions eventually worked for me.

panthera_alba, 12/26/2017, 12:49 pm NST
I'm not the only one having trouble with Battledome drops, then.
I think this wraith looks like a skeith, myself.

katina_choovanski, 12/28/2017, 6:52 pm NST
So I followed the advise in the above column to pretty much meh this most recent 'event' of the plot. And I've not gotten a 3rd challenger, no fangs, no 3rd attempt at the chest. I've missed a whole section of the plot following the advice above.

eloralestrange, 01/6/2018, 9:22 pm NST
The Wind Rider wraith is not showing up for me, at all.