Vonroo alert!

Wraiths are taking over Neopia!
Try on all the latest Neopian fashions!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot | Advent

Retired Dyeworks Re-Release Capsule
  • Posted on December 13, 2017, 10:43 am NST

A new re-release capsule has appeared in the NC Mall! It will award Dyeworks items that have since been retired!

We're still looking to add the contents of this capsule to our guide, so if you open it up and find something not on our guide, please send in a report with what you receive.

In addition, this capsule is reportedly giving out some exclusive Dyeworks items that were never released! The various Games Master Cape colours have been appearing in capsules for some:

» View Our Retired Dyeworks Capsule Guide «
purplebin, 12/13/2017, 10:45 am NST
It is killing me that we don't get a chance to dye the Games Master Cape ourselves!

Plus I just saw on the boards:
Updates to your questions: YES they are drawing from the whole pool!

They are VERY exclusive, they will be off sale on Sunday and will be released extremely rarely so get them while you can!!

-Scrappy

So the capes will be very difficult to get, and hard to trade for.

purplebin, 12/13/2017, 10:47 am NST
I already have all the old Dyeworks items I want, I only want the capes...

sketch, 12/13/2017, 10:59 am NST
but...but...how can the DW capes be rereleased if they were never released in the first place??

I already have the original cape, waiting on them to actually make the cape dyeable

dave - JN Staff, 12/13/2017, 11:17 am NST
@sketch: I wouldn't be surprised if it was an accident, since it's allegedly just drawing from the entire list of Dyeworks items, which the capes were part of, just not released.

However, exclusive items from re-release capsules aren't unprecedented. Some of the prior birthday re-release capsules have given out exclusive items as well.

sketch, 12/13/2017, 11:25 am NST
@Dave, you're probably right. They surely just selected everything they designed in the past, forgetting that they never released the cape dyes.

I'm wondering if they'll just leave it like that though or eventually release the capes normally, because exclusive cap bonus items usually have a message like "This capsule also has a chance of awarding one of three limited edition bonus items!" or something

dave - JN Staff, 12/13/2017, 11:34 am NST
@sketch: From what Scrappy posted, it sounds like they want to release this capsule on a semi-regular basis (or at least more than once), so at least this won't be the only time the capes come out!

sketch, 12/13/2017, 11:40 am NST
Ohh that's good to hear, i sure hope so

1jediboy, 12/13/2017, 12:48 pm NST
I'd just like to put this out there:
I would LOVE for the "Baby Bob Wig" to come in blue and for the "Baby Mop Wig" to come in pink at Dyeworks. I hope that comes soon... even if I don't have either of the regular wigs.

1jediboy, 12/13/2017, 12:51 pm NST
I DO however have the "Long Baby Girl Wig" and wouldn't mind it coming in light blue.

inkpot, 12/13/2017, 8:18 pm NST
so many nc events and stuff back-to-back. @_@

lasergu, 12/14/2017, 12:01 am NST
I love when they do NC re-releases. It's fun for people like me who didn't get into NC in the earlier days (and still aren't too into NC) and thus didn't have as much access to all these fun goodies.

cat, 12/14/2017, 1:34 am NST
I'm glad they'll be rereleased semi-regularly. Hopefully they'll keep drawing from the whole pool of dyeworks as they keep making more.

cat, 12/14/2017, 1:44 am NST
For dyeworks I'd like to see:
Baby Bun with Heart Headband would look great in more colors, like maybe pink or a gothic black.

It would also be neat to have items that have had their dyeworks retired revisited with new colors, like a pink Cloud Castle Background or purple/blue Snow Covered Flowers Foreground.

purplebin, 12/14/2017, 9:04 am NST
@cat, I saw a board that Scrappy was on, and people were making tons of suggestions for new dyeworks colors for previous items, and she seemed very excited about it.

nimaessa, 12/15/2017, 4:13 am NST
How cute was the Advent animation today!

dave - JN Staff, 12/15/2017, 8:24 am NST
@nimaessa: I think today's and the Baby Cybunny animations have been my favorites so far

Get JN updates via