Wraiths are taking over Neopia! The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot | Advent

Editorial Updates (Slow Updates + Charity Corner)
  • Posted on December 4, 2017, 12:16 pm NST

This week's Editorial (which was published quite late--possibly around this morning), has some interesting news surrounding why some updates have been quite slow lately, namely the plot steps and the late New Features updates:

Hello everyone! Sooo, I know this NT is very late and we are really sorry about that! TNT Headquarters is picking up and moving on down the road to a more central location in Neopia Central! However, (as most of you may remember from last time) it causes a few delays and mishaps! Which we are veryyy sorry for but will try to make this transition as painless as possible for everyone!

The Editorial also made mention of Charity Corner, and its alleged return:

Hi Scrappy! I hope you had a nice & restful thanksgiving holiday ^^ I was just wondering if there are any plans for another charity corner? I've been really enjoying all of the recent updates to games and was just curious if this is another NC event we can expect to see revived. I have lots accumulating that I'd love to donate :D
Yes! you can definitely expect another Charity Corner in the near future!! We love them as well, donating and giving back is so important :)

Which categories of items do you think will be asked for in the next Charity Corner event? What have you been hoarding in preparation? Let us know in the comments!
bananadog, 12/4/2017, 12:30 pm NST
Unpopular opinion but I feel Charity Corner shouldn't be some annual event, but a permanent crafting game mechanic. It's what the cooking pot should be. Too much useless, redundant junk items everywhere and they're always adding more.

pikachu315111, 12/4/2017, 12:58 pm NST

As for what category I would like to see for this year's Charity Corner? *Looks in SDB* Battledome Equipment, Books, Food, Magic Item, and Toys & Plushies. Maybe relate it to the Faerie war effort?

itaxerxes, 12/4/2017, 1:05 pm NST
Could the leaked potion donation achievement from the "plot" be part of it? We donate our weapons and healing potions after the fights are over.

mollyscribbles, 12/4/2017, 1:25 pm NST
I have a few thousand items in my SDB, mostly stashed in anticipation of the next CC. Pretty much every r90-99 item that's crossed my inventory has been stored (though ones that sell for over 10k go to my shop).

phenixia, 12/4/2017, 1:37 pm NST
Ah! I've been hoarding toys, food and other stuff for this CC. I will try to have a small trophy once again.

ummy - JN Staff, 12/4/2017, 1:43 pm NST
@bananadog- The allure of CC is that it's annual. It can't give out great stuff if it isn't. For something daily that removes junk there's the Coincidence.

dr_tomoe, 12/4/2017, 1:52 pm NST
I hoard everything in preparation for CC's.

cat, 12/4/2017, 1:54 pm NST
"Wait, they're moving AGAIN?! Isn't this like the third time they moved the offices?"

Well they were aquired by NetDragon after the last move, I'd actually expected at the time that they might have to move again to be more near wherever NetDragon's US branch is. I hope this doesn't involve another server move, or if it does they wait on that until after the Advent Calendar.

jessalynn, 12/4/2017, 1:55 pm NST
I've been hoarding r90s+ in books, food, Neohome, and Neogarden, and lots of school supplies.

morganjoisle, 12/4/2017, 1:58 pm NST
Ah, so the move explains the extreme lag that has been showing up every so often lately...

eliz1bef, 12/4/2017, 2:12 pm NST
I think the ONLY category should be Springy Toys. The whole CC. Only giving and receiving Springy Toys.

purplebin, 12/4/2017, 3:18 pm NST
Scrappy also posted this on a chat board I made, about the CC:
Not toooo near of a future, guys! Probably not until the new year but there is plenty to keep you busy until then!!

lackofaith, 12/4/2017, 4:37 pm NST
I agree with Bananadog!
But for CC, I'll be so rich if they take my battle scrolls that I've been hoarding from the BD...

jawsch, 12/4/2017, 6:45 pm NST
Ugh, welp there goes r99 prices. lol

It's like TNT just wants to make every item in the game cheap so even casual people who sign on once a week can be rich and "earn" everything in the game.

Pretty soon everyone will achieve everything they want and there will be no point in playing anymore

amunet, 12/4/2017, 7:01 pm NST
~
Doubtful unless they bring back UCs

Interesting they are moving ... I had no idea we obtained new overlords

1jediboy, 12/4/2017, 7:44 pm NST
*sees Charity Corner referenced*

Let's not forget the reference to that tasty sounding world that was mentioned. MAN! I wish there were a world like that... Heh... Of course, IF it already existed, which it doesn't as far as I know... This might be alluding to some sort of... revamp, maybe? Of course, this is all just me hypothetically speaking. *shifty eyes*

1jediboy, 12/4/2017, 8:19 pm NST
I do believe SOMETHING like that deserves a mention... Don't you?

mortychichi, 12/4/2017, 9:07 pm NST
The whole donating and giving back thing is so ironic lol

acexcat13, 12/4/2017, 9:19 pm NST
Hopefully they do a garbage cleanout of obsidian, dung, kelp, rotten shoes and the likes. Unless they do a LOT of rotating, items that are typically TRASH end up ridiculously expensive.

CC aside, here's hoping for a super-smooth transition and no need for more 'Neopocalypse' avvies.

dave - JN Staff, 12/4/2017, 9:33 pm NST
@1jediboy: I have no idea what you're talking about. You're just not making much sense...

1jediboy, 12/4/2017, 10:13 pm NST
Humph! Visionaries are never appreciated. *walks away*

...

*runs back in covered in spinach jelly*

WOBBLESHIRE!!! WOBBLESHIRE!!! WO-

*gets shot in the neck with a tranquilizer dart*
*THUD!*

recklesse, 12/4/2017, 11:05 pm NST
Ugh, welp there goes r99 prices. lol
------------

If only that were the worst effect of CC events! It really shouldn't become a scheduled, annual event (even without a fixed date).

What I dislike about it is the manic feeding frenzy of buying/selling during the event followed by weeks or even months of almost complete shut-down of economic activity. It's that post-CC stagnation in the market (of buyable items more than rare stuff) that bothers me most. No-one buys what I have to sell nor sells what I'm looking to buy. The boards go really quiet as people who collected a good 'haul' from the event go back on hiatus until the value of their goods goes back up or until the next CC event.

Not so bad when it's only every 3 years or so, but annually??? !!!

haharissa, 12/5/2017, 12:33 am NST
I'm more excited about the NC portion of CC than the NP portion. I wish there was something (better than upcycles) that let us consistently swap all of the junk NC items we get from GBCs for things we actually wanted

cat, 12/5/2017, 1:59 am NST
Ironically I think the best way to nerf Charity Corner would actually be to remove the limits on what items you can donate. Think about it, if you donate 5 of an approved item and then get a cheap item of the same rarity you don't want the cheap item, so if you're allowed to you toss it back with some other cheap items and hope for a high rarity item. If the item you got isn't one of the types being donated though they're stuck in the economy deflating the value of that type of item.

Then again it might be better if instead of being an annual event CC was biannual. Or if it were a daily like the coincidence so every day it would ask for a random type of item. Maybe even have it revamp the coincidence so that when you're presented with your prize you have the choice to either accept it or refuse it and get a coincidence prize chance instead.

sweetadeline, 12/5/2017, 8:07 am NST
charity corner is kind of stupid tbh esp. since you know... it isn't actually a charity. Maybe if neopets didn't just use it as yet another money grab and instead actually donated to something it might be less gross. But don't frame it as a charity. That is kind of distasteful imo.

atryeu, 12/5/2017, 10:51 am NST
Don't think anybody has mentioned these. Didn't take a screenshot, sorry, but I copied the text of a new RE (new for me at least because I never get any REs) that sounds plot related:

"A stray wraith appears and StarryFireBlade stoops down to pet it. StarryFireBlade now has Achy Head. What else did you expect? "

gordy_777, 12/5/2017, 11:09 am NST
@atryeu, that's been there ever since the Random Events revamp.

vaporesque, 12/5/2017, 1:19 pm NST
Battledome Equipment, most definitely.

josie, 12/5/2017, 5:40 pm NST
I'm glad Charity Corner comes back. I really enjoy that event

atryeu, 12/5/2017, 6:55 pm NST
@gordy_777: I didn't know, figured it was something with the plot. I literally get maybe 1 RE every 3-4 months or longer, even with the b.day site theme that claims to give more REs

morganjoisle, 12/5/2017, 8:16 pm NST
@acexcat13: Oh my goodness that would be so nice! Ugg, but I hate how the first year made almost every item they asked for in the daily part of the event skyrocket in price. Come on, 300k for a Wocky T-Shirt?!

1jediboy, 12/6/2017, 3:39 pm NST
*wakes up from coma slurring his words*

Oh, come on! Ish no one gunna tawk about Jelly Wor- *another tranquilizer dart in the neck* *face hits floor*

twilson1118, 12/7/2017, 2:09 pm NST
Charity? More like we need a bigger avatar for disposing of stuff that needs disposing.

1jediboy, 12/8/2017, 10:31 pm NST
*weakly raises right hand one more time*
(whispers): J...Je...Jelly. *one more tranquilizer dart in the right shoulder* *passes out* *right hand falls to floor* *gets dragged away by security*

Get JN updates via