Wraiths are taking over Neopia! The Advent Calendar is here for all of December!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot | Advent

New Plot Steps
  • Posted on December 1, 2017, 2:35 pm NST

New steps have been released in the Wraith Resurgence! These steps effectively have you repeating the steps from last week, but with slightly added difficulty.

(Note, TNT have fixed the "method" that allowed you to refresh Mystic Murmurs. You will now need to solve it the intended way, by deciphering Kaia's notes and notices.)

Our guide has been updated with the new steps, and we've created a step-by-step walkthrough for you to follow:

Step-By-Step Walkthrough »

Scrappy has also clarified the matter of battle caps on the boards:

Okay folks, I've been waiting until I knew for absolute certain but battling to 100% is all you need to do! There is no extra achievement for extra battles!

Meaning that, once you have battled each Wraith to fill their progress bars to 100%, you will not get any additional points for overbattling (though you will get free Wraith ingredients for Taelia).
cat, 12/1/2017, 2:40 pm NST
That's good to know anyway.

skiasma, 12/1/2017, 2:55 pm NST
Now if they'd only fix how the purple haze works with Firefox. Switching to Chrome is so annoying, and it ate two potions at once.

nimaessa, 12/1/2017, 3:06 pm NST
But if you fight more get the ingredients. I have 90 of ectoplasm right now, so I think I won't need to fight against the first wraith anymore.

jweb, 12/1/2017, 3:12 pm NST
The chest II crashed with Chrome

sketch, 12/1/2017, 3:14 pm NST
Wait so how in the world were you guys able to figure out which notice sentence was associated to which number?? I already completed the murmurs but just trying to understand, are there numbers i missed somewhere in the HQ?

inkpot, 12/1/2017, 3:19 pm NST
ppl still use firefox?

having to repeat these same steps is such a drag. i really hope there's more to this plot than doing over the same puzzles. @_@

pikasuno, 12/1/2017, 3:21 pm NST
The numbers (in word form) are hidden in the phrases.

For example: "Neopians with reentry tickets" contains the word "three" (read from the last two letters of "with" to the third letter of "reentry", ignoring the space.)

sixtygirl, 12/1/2017, 3:23 pm NST
Are you all still doing the plot? I'm not doing the plot because it was to hard for me.

mistyraider, 12/1/2017, 3:26 pm NST
Help! I went to the chest today and only saw the "Amateur Lock Picker" (I unlocked the chest weeks ago, but not before 4 misses). I clicked on "Amateur Lock Picker" and connected the infernal rotating bits just now. But when I go back to the chest I get bounced back to HQ. Do I have to wait to try the chest another day? Is it Chrome? I hate feeling this stupid!

dave - JN Staff, 12/1/2017, 3:32 pm NST
@sketch: All of the phrases are mapped to the numbers in our guide linked in the news post.

rodgerflint, 12/1/2017, 3:35 pm NST
Guess this means no plot shop if there's no variance in steps or the caps are super low :/

sketch, 12/1/2017, 3:35 pm NST
@pikasuno Ahhhh thank you, i get it now!

@dave yeah saw that, i was just trying to understand where you got those numbers for your grid but pikasuno cleared it up

mistyraider, 12/1/2017, 3:46 pm NST
Well, it isn't Chrome, cuz the same happens in MS Edge.

Also in battle with Snapjaw Wraith, no Wraith Ectoplasm was given out when I battled today.

herdy - JN Staff, 12/1/2017, 4:09 pm NST
It appears they have implemented caps on the number of items you can get from opponents.

mistyraider, 12/1/2017, 4:15 pm NST
Thanks for that Herdy. Do you know why when I go to the chest it bounces me back to HQ?

mavegibson, 12/1/2017, 4:30 pm NST
They say there's no secondary achievement for battling, but as far as I can tell they haven't explicitly stated that battling more won't give more points. Or am I missing something?

1jediboy, 12/1/2017, 4:33 pm NST
"once you have battled each Wraith to fill their progress bars to 100%, you will not get any additional points for overbattling"

|:L I've been counting the "points" I THOUGHT I was earning by myself after the counter reset to 100%, counting all the way to "4970%," and I'm not getting any bonus points for that?

That... is actually not that bad. Now, we're not MANDATORILY OBLIGATED to battle "day-and-night" for extra points. A good question, though, is "Do all these excess vials of Wraith Ectoplasm, (possibly donated to Taelia,) give us extra points?" I hope so.

anniedarko, 12/1/2017, 4:35 pm NST
"Do you know why when I go to the chest it bounces me back to HQ?"

I was only bounced until I unlocked the Mystic Murmurs and went to the shop. If it's still happening even after you do the previous steps that lead up to it, I'd recommend trying a different browser or clearing cache and cookies and trying again

1jediboy, 12/1/2017, 4:47 pm NST
Oh! By the way, I had this weird glitch yesterday! It was really difficult to click my weapons box during battle, and when it finally worked... there were 12 slots with the same image; and they were all named what they looked like: "The Fist"

Maybe this bug was actually a leak? This is what it looked like in those 12 boxes: http://www.drsloth.com/view/207336/
Except it wasn't animated and the fists were pointing "north-east" instead of straight east.

mavegibson, 12/1/2017, 4:52 pm NST
OK, that's pretty explicit then. I thought they were saying there were no more achievements for battling, not that there were no more points. I'm frankly glad they did this as I don't want to have to battle endlessly to get more points.

herdy - JN Staff, 12/1/2017, 5:08 pm NST
Jediboy, the fist is a default weapon in the BD. If it can’t load your equipment due to lag, it will show that instead. Not unusual.

mavegibson, 12/1/2017, 5:11 pm NST
So once we've completed the next 2 potions, that's it? No corruption to clear with the potions yet?

purplebin, 12/1/2017, 5:26 pm NST
@mavegibson,
From the guide:
For the second clue, The right ingredients - and a tiny bit of magic - is all you need, you will need to visit the Soup Kitchen and the Kitchen Quests to clear the purple haze.

For the third clue, You never know what you'll end up with, you will need to visit the Apple Bobbing Cart and Pick Your Own to clear the purple haze.

thatgirlmarie, 12/1/2017, 5:50 pm NST
When I visited the locations with potions just now, it cleared it and the achievement boxes turned green, but it didn't actually USE the potions! They're still in my inventory!

josie, 12/1/2017, 8:07 pm NST
I had quite a few extra potions left over after I cleared the purple haze at all four locations. I believe they were potions made from the Wraith Fur. When I made the potions I kept clicking on the black words on Taelia's list until they turned purple and were no longer a link. Hopefully those potions can be used in later steps.

@JN staff members - Thank you guys SO much for the guide once again! It's easy to follow, and I appreciate the help, because without it I would be totally lost

dave - JN Staff, 12/1/2017, 9:23 pm NST
We just updated our guide with a more step-by-step style walkthrough:

This is where we'll post all steps going forward, with links to "activity" guides (such as Mystic Murmurs, Faerie Chest, etc.) as needed.

alessia, 12/2/2017, 2:10 am NST
ok... I have BIG PROBLEMS... I'm fighting the Snapjaw Wraith but I'm NOT getting ANY Wraith Ectoplasm... I got the new ingredients fighting the new wraith but nothing from the old one

spabl, 12/2/2017, 2:42 am NST
Everytime I try to do the Chest it send me right back to HQ!

spabl, 12/2/2017, 3:39 am NST
Got it.

purplebin, 12/2/2017, 6:45 am NST
In the JN Murmurs guide the notices are not labeled as it says they are.

dave - JN Staff, 12/2/2017, 7:48 am NST
@purplebin: You may need to do a hard refresh. We uploaded a new, labeled copy.

thatgirlmarie, 12/2/2017, 8:31 am NST
Thanks for all this, JN staff persons!

vaporesque, 12/2/2017, 11:51 am NST
@ skiasma No kidding

@ inkpot My mum has a computer that suffers various BSOD issues with lots of chrome use. She doesn't even bother with DDs though FF fails to load needed games.

jadedone23, 12/2/2017, 12:49 pm NST
Is there a reason why I can't get the potions to work when I visit the 4 sites?

animajaneofan99, 12/2/2017, 1:57 pm NST
How am I suppose to decode this one?

(7) Those venturing into the woods are responsible for their own safety.

(5) To those wondering about the news, or lack thereof, I verify that you will get more information soon.

(1) Faeries that are facing opponents in the Battledome are exempt from participating in the Faerie Festival.

(9) An inedible species of mushroom has been found in the festival grounds. Refrain from tasting it.

(1)Take care of your belongings. Objects left lying around will be donated to the Money Tree.

(6) An unconscious Ixi was found by the soup cauldron. Any information regarding her identity is welcome.

(7) Rose vendors are not allowed inside the festival gates.

purplebin, 12/2/2017, 3:59 pm NST
@animajaneofan99, you only need the numbers from the three lines on the notice posted on the column, #2.

animajaneofan99, 12/2/2017, 8:41 pm NST
@purplebin Okay, thank you! My answer was "Exquisite Ambrosia" for me and it was right!

itaxerxes, 12/3/2017, 2:16 am NST
anbody getting the wraith stuff from any battle? I didn't get anything yesterday or today . So if this is what TNT wants, great job .

alessia, 12/3/2017, 2:44 am NST
please, can someone answer my question? Are you still getting the Wraith Ectoplasm fighting the Snapjaw Wraith? Because I'm not getting any old ingredients anymore

zay_korbat, 12/3/2017, 3:35 am NST
If you still need ectoplasm just buy it off the shop wiz

zay_korbat, 12/3/2017, 3:35 am NST
If you still need ectoplasm just buy it off the shop wiz

dave - JN Staff, 12/3/2017, 11:43 am NST
@alessia: There may be some global limits on the total number of ingredients the Wraiths drop. We're not totally sure, so we're not posting it officially yet. Have you battled the Snapjaw Wraiths extensively before today?

dreww355, 12/3/2017, 2:26 pm NST
How are you supposed to map the phrases to the numbers? Obviously if I use the guide I can see which numbers correspond with which phrases, but how could I do it on my own without the help of a guide? All the guide mentions is that number is "hidden inside the message".

purplebin, 12/3/2017, 3:38 pm NST
@dreww355, the Jellyneo guide for the notices doesn't show the "number hidden inside the message" bolded so you can see what they mean.
If you want a visual explanation, try ~Aqueall#Notes
You will see what to look for (numbers spelled out within the text of the note), and can then find your own numbers yourself.

dreww355, 12/3/2017, 8:59 pm NST
@purplebin Ah, interesting. Thanks for explaining it better!

alessia, 12/4/2017, 3:28 am NST
@dave: thank you for the answer Dave. I have battled the Snapjaw more than necessary when you could still go over the 100% of the achievement. I think something around 50 times (in hard mode) but I can't believe it's already too much...
I know many other people reached an achievement of 10,000% and more battling the Snapjaw (before it was reset to 100%) and I would like to know if they can still collect the first ingredient or not.

lava, 12/4/2017, 10:46 pm NST
honestly? i'm loving this plot???

I'm Loving Scoob

cloonshannagh, 12/5/2017, 12:53 pm NST
On a whim, BBB stepped in to battle the Wraiths one more and behold, after defeat, they reverted to their neopet forms! Snapjaw became a blue Jetsam and Deathball a yellow Mynci. Sadly they revert back to wraith for the next battle. (tried with both regular and plot weapons)

Get JN updates via