Vonroo alert!

Wraiths are taking over Neopia!
Earn NP from playing games!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Every editorial question answered just a search away!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot | Advent

New (locked) Plot Achievements
  • Posted on November 26, 2017, 1:11 pm NST

Update 27/11: The extra achievements have now been removed, this also briefly coincided with the bridge on the HQ page becoming clickable (labelled Finding Kaia). Again though, no additional steps were actually active at that time.

You may have noticed that today came with some new achievements on the Achievements page of the Wraith Resurgence.

These achievements are not currently obtainable, and there are no further live plot steps to complete at this time - but they do give considerable spoilers as to what we'll be doing in the future. There are achievements for creating the remaining nine of Taelia's potions, as well as using them to heal all of the areas that will be effected around the site (suggesting a large part of the plot will be repeating the pattern we had in the initial update).

There are also two additional achievements that look under construction at the bottom of the list for using potions to heal NPCs - likely the cursed Neopets Fyora mentioned in her dialogue.
novelista, 11/26/2017, 1:28 pm NST
If I were a betting gal (and I am, sometimes), I would wager that the plot will be back in action Tuesday, since tomorrow is the last day of the GMC. ^_^

melinda_kacheek, 11/26/2017, 3:05 pm NST
I am very sure that they are just setting things up. At least nothing have been activated yet.

elephante109, 11/26/2017, 3:40 pm NST
I'm glad they took a break with the plot while the GMC was going on. Between family obligations and the games, I would have been way too busy to do more plot steps!

mavegibson, 11/26/2017, 5:04 pm NST
Is anyone else worried about what challenges will be dumped on us the last day of the GMC? Last year they dumped a challenge on us that prevented me from getting the gold trophy. It better not happen again...

amethyst43217, 11/26/2017, 5:10 pm NST
Oh my god. Sounds like they didn't try too hard.

1jediboy, 11/26/2017, 5:17 pm NST
I've got 92 Wraith Ectoplasm vials & 34 Taelias Concoction I bottles; (& counting!) I'm hoping at least ONE of these new achievements allows us to use them.

I've gotta admit, I'm kinda glad they posted the new achievements in advance.

1jediboy, 11/26/2017, 5:24 pm NST
You know what just hit me? Other than ONE video, all we've got comic-wise from this plot is dialogue! It's not colorful enough! Even though I love it when Neopets makes animations, I still miss the comics they made for plots. Where's the love?

maxgarou, 11/26/2017, 6:24 pm NST
1jediboy I think we will have to make different potions. The ones we already did will were only useful to clean the fog from the Giant omelette and Jelly. Maybe all the extra potions we can create (or have created) and donate are the ones to help NPCs.
This doesn't feel like a plot at all. Even the banner for it marks it as an Event.

emerald_eagle, 11/26/2017, 7:23 pm NST
So a random event just happened to me while looking at the News page for the umpteenth time to see if anything changed, and it depressed my active pet down to the lowest Happiness setting at the leftmost image was a WRAITH we haven't seen yet. No clue if it's related to the plot steps, but boy is it suspicious.

ironsides, 11/26/2017, 8:57 pm NST
@emerald eagle--i got the same event today. it is a known random event, but i wonder if there will be an increase in its use over the course of this event.

alejandrojubjub, 11/26/2017, 9:59 pm NST
I got it yesterday
I think its plot related

lokaula, 11/26/2017, 10:12 pm NST
A question from a noob...my Neopet is only level 4 with 6 hit points. Is it worth trying to battle the Snapjaw Wraith? I tried twice on the easy level and it was a joke with how fast I was defeated, so I'm just wondering if I should even bother...

alejandrojubjub, 11/26/2017, 10:18 pm NST
Use Hanso Charisma Charm and Altadorian Swordbreaker
the wraith uses the same attack and the weapons block all the icons you could win even on hard mode, tested!!

tomatereloco, 11/27/2017, 6:23 am NST
@lokaula I was able to defeat the Wraith on easy with altador compass and the plot weapon by having str 13, hp 9 and def 7. I also used Bronze Scorchstone and drizzle. In this way, I get to defeat it and even restore my HP back to max.

mudy, 11/27/2017, 5:04 pm NST
JN, when are you guys going to add a banner/button quick link for the plot on the sidebar? It makes it much easier for us who are on mobile to have a slighly bigger button to access the plot content...

lokaula, 11/28/2017, 12:07 am NST
Thanks @alejandrojubjub and @tomatereloco, I'll try that next!

itipeque, 11/28/2017, 5:44 am NST
This has got to be the most frustrating plot ever. It's boring, glitchy and disappointing and totally unexciting. Nothing has happened since the first day. And considering they had all the time in the world to come up with it, and all the build up and fanfare, they should have got things right. Not happy at all!

beyondelsewhere, 11/28/2017, 8:08 am NST
I'm not entirely sure that JS has actually launched anything on this site that didn't glitch/break right away. It feels as though they are lazy with QA testing to make sure things work before they are activated. It's sad in a way. I wanted to be excited about this plot, but I'm more frustrated than anything.

themeepit32, 11/28/2017, 1:55 pm NST
I still feel like this going to be rushed...
I mean they waited till thanksgiving weekend for GMC
and now it's almost december and almost time for the advent calander

boblol2, 11/28/2017, 3:02 pm NST
lol, everyone go to the site events neoboard, everyone wants everything nerfed, it's pure comedy gold.

josie, 11/28/2017, 6:01 pm NST
The updates about the new potions are no longer there, or am I looking in the wrong place? I went to the achievement page a few days ago and found them under the potions tab, but can't find them anymore

gamer_5_55_555, 11/28/2017, 6:09 pm NST
I just used weapons from previous plot shops

gamer_5_55_555, 11/28/2017, 6:17 pm NST
At least they are fixing things; by the time I completed the plot steps, things worked well enough to complete without issue.

But I feel like the chanting part was not thought through. It would not have been hard to simply create constant garbage letters the same way they had different maps / star charts / whatever for each user.

Get JN updates via