Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
Create your own wishlists!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Important Note on Wraith Resurgence
  • Posted on November 21, 2017, 6:12 am NST

Late last night TNT fixed the broken achievements in the Wraith Resurgence.

The Oh, Snap, and Snap, Snap, Snap battledome achievements and the Bubble, Bubble achievement are now working correctly. They are not intended to award items, but instead will award you with more plot points for completion.

HOWEVER an additional achievement hidden in the source code has also had its description updated to say that it will also increase plot points - and it requires that you visit the Wraith Resurgence Hub page every day of the event. It is possible this notice was added in error, and the achievement is not intended to be made live - but just in case we advise that you continue to visit the hub page every day regardless of whether there are any new plot steps to complete.

Plot Walkthrough »
cheyennet2, 11/21/2017, 7:19 am NST
I already missed yesterday

ravage, 11/21/2017, 7:19 am NST
dang, not sure if I went yesterday or not...

lars_vanrichter, 11/21/2017, 7:34 am NST
i'm pretty sure i've missed a few days so that's cool i guess. would have made more sense for that to be an achievement had something happened everyday..

novelista, 11/21/2017, 8:50 am NST
So I probably don't have to battle daily. >.<

tz_wolf, 11/21/2017, 9:45 am NST
In my opinion, laziest "fix" ever. I have a feeling the conversation in the office went as such: "Hey uh, Bob, if you could stay late and fix the 2 fight glitched items and the potion glitched item that'd be greeaaat..." Bob thinks to himself and internally says "I'll fix it alright, you just watch!" but externally says "Yes Sir, not a problem. " Clickity clack goes the keyboard, a couple clicks of the mouse, select this group of code here, delete that, type in text about plot points here and FIXED! "Ok boss, its fixed, I'm going home now, bye!" Then the Neopians are all Awww...

ctp02, 11/21/2017, 10:00 am NST
I think this "hidden achiv" will affect the final trophie.

rosi, 11/21/2017, 10:22 am NST
OH dung! I didn't visit it yesterday because there wasn't anything new so I'll miss on this final achievement

ibookworm281, 11/21/2017, 10:30 am NST
how do we know if we completed the Snap achievements & the bubble bubble? Will they show up green?

dave - JN Staff, 11/21/2017, 10:37 am NST
@ibookworm281: Yep! The default is a light grey. They turn green after completing them, just no prize for them. (A green checkmark added in would have been nice!)

atryeu, 11/21/2017, 11:06 am NST
Wish I'd known because if I didn't see a new step available, there was no point for me to visit the page

ibookworm281, 11/21/2017, 11:12 am NST
@dave

yeah I wish they would have added a checkmark :/ ah well. TY!

jweb, 11/21/2017, 11:34 am NST
can anyone tel me were the "the Wraith Resurgence Hub page" is?

marfbear, 11/21/2017, 11:43 am NST
Sure hope they count Fri/Sat as one day.

purplebin, 11/21/2017, 12:39 pm NST
I guess the hub page is the same as Headquarters.

jweb, 11/21/2017, 1:21 pm NST
@purplebin THXS

ziporen, 11/21/2017, 1:41 pm NST
You guys may want to add visiting the hub page as the first step in the walkthrough. I think some people are visiting Mystic Murmurs first because of the guide. By doing so they miss Aethia's popup asking to join, and that may be why some are missing the "Joining Resistance" achievement.

Some users got a reply from Support that implied that they had missed a step and that it wasn't a bug. One user said that they started with the guide and didn't visit the hub until later.

herdy - JN Staff, 11/21/2017, 2:34 pm NST
@ziporen: Added to the first part of our guide

voidberry, 11/21/2017, 2:37 pm NST
No one knows if we need more potion for clouds or not?

luna_skylar, 11/21/2017, 3:18 pm NST
Just to be absolutely safe (bc I'm not neurotic at all) by HUB PAGE you mean the page you get when you click on the homepage link right? The page where Kaia is at her table and you can click to go to achievements, murmurs, etc.?

escrainus, 11/21/2017, 3:43 pm NST
My "Joining resistance" achivement is still broken thought.. :/

1jediboy, 11/21/2017, 4:01 pm NST
Oh great! Now we gotta wait on hooks all week to see if we missed a day without noticing! I THINK I visited every day... not sure, though.

kait888, 11/21/2017, 6:00 pm NST
Aw I'm pretty sure I missed a couple days since nothing was going on.

stephi, 11/21/2017, 8:17 pm NST
Hey JN Staff peeps, when I am on the "Hub/HQ" and I click on the papers under Kaia's hand there's a note that pops up that I haven't seen in any guides:
"Notes
An advice to those venturing into the woods - you never know what you might find...
The war is currently an inevitable part of every Neopian's life.
We aren't the colossi Xandra accused us of being."

stephi, 11/21/2017, 8:23 pm NST
Also, on the tree behind her (to the right - her left):
"Notice
The joys of attending a festival outweigh the annoyances of large crowds."

On the ground under the tree note:
Notice
An inedible species of mushroom has been found in the festival grounds. Refrain from tasting it.
The joys of attending a festival outweigh the annoyances of large crowds.
The joys of attending a festival outweigh the annoyances of large crowds"

On the ground behind her (to the left):
"Notice
Those venturing into the woods are responsible for their own safety.
An unconscious Ixi was found by the soup cauldron. Any information regarding her identity is welcome. "

A bunc

stephi, 11/21/2017, 8:26 pm NST
*A bunch of repetition there in the messages but something to keep an eye on (again, just haven't seen this mentioned in any discussions/guides - if it's known please ignore my late-ness )

stephi, 11/21/2017, 8:28 pm NST
Doh! And then I decided to read the whole "Mystic Murmurs" description... ugh never mind me *hides under rock*

lynsyhotel, 11/21/2017, 9:16 pm NST
I checked my internet history and saw for sure that I didn't visit the hub page yesterday. I agree with the others here who say that they would have visited if there had been something new, and if everything wasn't lagging and glitching. I hope they don't make visiting every day a requirement, because there didn't seem to be a reason to /:

mistyqee, 11/22/2017, 12:55 am NST
But
why should we have to visit the hub page every day when tnt isn't adding new plot content every day

Once my plot steps are up to date I don't care about the plot until there are new things to do.

I guess having a war chest would be a good reminder to keep going back there

sixtygirl, 11/22/2017, 3:45 pm NST
I will wish you all good luck on the plot

phenixia, 11/22/2017, 7:39 pm NST
Ah. The spear has been nerfed.

boblol2, 11/23/2017, 6:40 am NST
dolamant on the previous post found out that if you use Hanso's Charisma Charm and the Altadorian Swordbreaker the Snapjaw wrath cannot hit you!

I tested this theory and it works.

Easy- 3 physical 3 dark
Medium- 13 physical 13 dark
Hard- 16 physical 16 dark

boblol2, 11/23/2017, 6:45 am NST
Easy Snapjaw- increases % bar by 5%
Medium Snapjaw- increases % bar by 10%
Hard Snapjaw- increases % bar by 20%

purplebin, 11/24/2017, 11:11 am NST
I don't know if anyone is still looking at this, but the Achievements page was blank for a little while and now the battle meter has been reset so the maximum is 100%...
All those BDers who were hoping to get extra points with extra battling are not happy!

marfbear, 11/24/2017, 11:17 am NST
Well, at least I still have all that extra ectoplasm. (I was only up to 2000%, so no tragedy.)

purplebin, 11/24/2017, 12:17 pm NST
I'm just glad we found out now, rather than any later.

sixtygirl, 11/24/2017, 3:14 pm NST
I've gave up on that chest and I'm quitting the plot.

mistyraider, 11/24/2017, 3:16 pm NST
Thanks purlebin. Their reset is actually a good thing to me. At 500% I felt I would never get the full points that those with 10,000% would.

Sometimes I wonder if TNT has never run a plot before....oh yeah, they haven't, at least not JSNT.

1jediboy, 11/24/2017, 4:31 pm NST
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
I HAD OVER 2500% AND NOW IT SAYS 100%!!!!

1jediboy, 11/24/2017, 4:32 pm NST
(I had PRECISELY 2500% not over.)

josie, 11/24/2017, 4:35 pm NST
@purplebin - Thank you for the heads up on the issue with the battle bar! I'm so glad I came here to check on it. Mine was reset to 100% too, and I was freaking out. I haven't even been to the boards yet. I can imagine there are a lot of unhappy people there

themeepit32, 11/25/2017, 7:12 am NST
TNT waited way too long to add both of these
they waited till thanksgiving weekend

thatgirlmarie, 11/25/2017, 2:48 pm NST
I'm getting impatient. I want more content and I am salty the bar was reset to 100%!

mollyscribbles, 11/25/2017, 11:46 pm NST
so, um, two weeks to go, I wonder if we'll get further content?

mistyraider, 11/26/2017, 2:15 am NST
Looks like all that extra ectoplasm may be put to use after all. There's new dialog in the Potions Achievements section.

Will there be Taelias Concoctions 2, 3. 4, etc? There are other pretty bottles on her table. For now, you can only create Concoction 1.

sakibou, 11/26/2017, 6:37 am NST
It would be pretty darn sad of this turned out to be the extent of the "plot", since JumpStaff claimed to be working on it for MONTHS. v_v

purplebin, 11/26/2017, 9:04 am NST
We won't be using the same Wraith Ectoplasm for all the potions, there are 4 other items on the table we'll need to make them. Blood, Claw, Fur, and Horn, I think. So either combinations or different amounts for the rest of the potions. And it looks like other than "healing" using the potions, we will also be "donating", so maybe getting extras isn't a bad idea.

treeword, 11/26/2017, 9:07 am NST
Just to be clear, we can only get the Bubble Bubble achievement and not the Poof!, right?

mistyraider, 11/26/2017, 1:11 pm NST
@treeword, on my achievements page under Poof! it says, "You did it a second time." And under Hat Trick it says, "You're getting good at this." I think this means the extra Concoction 1-s I have made get me the achievement? I wish there was a check or something else so I was sure about these.
Maybe someone else knows for sure.