Wraiths are taking over Neopia!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot | Advent

Free NC Birthday Goodie Bag
  • Posted on November 15, 2017, 10:19 am NST

There's a new goodie bag in the NC Mall that you can claim starting today:

Inside you will find:

Glow in the Dark Backdrop

You will also activate a discount code (Y19BIRTHDAY) that will give you 150 NC off of a 1,000 NC purchase through November 22nd. However, this code is not able to be used in the Mall. There's no word on if JumpStart will fix this.

Since this item only awards NC (and no Neopoints are involved), you can safely claim it on your side accounts.
elephante109, 11/15/2017, 10:53 am NST
Hooray for 18 years of Neopets!

elephante109, 11/15/2017, 11:35 am NST
You might want to mention that the Krawk Island Academy is giving out free training.

mortychichi, 11/15/2017, 12:07 pm NST
birthday lutra and barlow are found

mortychichi, 11/15/2017, 12:18 pm NST
and they're hideous

thagu1, 11/15/2017, 12:53 pm NST
Can't find the place to use the code!! it doesn't appear for me. Can anyone send me a pic?

purplebin, 11/15/2017, 12:55 pm NST
Of course the code expires before the Black Friday GBC sale (if there is one)...

krasavitsa, 11/15/2017, 1:33 pm NST
The Birthday petpets are such poor quality.

cat, 11/15/2017, 1:34 pm NST
Gah, why didn't I wait until today to buy dye potions?

cat, 11/15/2017, 1:48 pm NST
@mortychichi - Birthday Lutra's kind of cute, but yeah these birthday petpets are nowhere near as cute as previous ones. Their coloration is also different, previous BDay petpets were yellow cake and pink frosting, these are all over the place.

dave - JN Staff, 11/15/2017, 2:12 pm NST
The Birthday Petpets took a nose dive in quality and cuteness beginning in 2016.

rosi, 11/15/2017, 2:24 pm NST
Those hideously dithered .jpg images (yup :angry , and the fact they were published late in the day (my sister was bummed there was no goodie bag this morning - and it showed up in the evening here) all make me think they forgot about Neopets' birthday and cooked up last minute items to make up for it

rosi, 11/15/2017, 2:25 pm NST
oh, why there is a smiley face instead of the angry one?

fluffygoth, 11/15/2017, 4:31 pm NST
i hope we get a jpeg paintbrush soon

inkpot, 11/15/2017, 6:49 pm NST
the one thing i was looking forward to were the bday petpets... :c so disappointed. just hate the basic colors. a little re-color to the base would have gone a long way, though i suppose i appreciate the attempt at an alternate pose for the ona and mazzew.

inkpot, 11/15/2017, 6:53 pm NST
it just feels rotten because this is neopets birthday. it's a big day. a big deal. you'd think they would have put in more than the minimum amount of effort in these things. i mean even the free backdrop is of dung quality.

...the giftbags are okay though.

dave - JN Staff, 11/15/2017, 7:33 pm NST
I'm surprised they didn't wait to release the 5th pet slot until the birthday.

ladyamethyst, 11/15/2017, 7:35 pm NST
I am not new to NC but I admit that it's been a while since I've used a discount code, but isn't a box supposed to appear to enter it in? Made a 1300NC purchase just now, the only box was for word. Am I blind...?

ladyamethyst, 11/15/2017, 7:37 pm NST
Opened goodie bag, I should add. Refreshed, closed browser, nada.

And I also think that the old birthday pets looked so much better. It's really a shame they seemingly abandoned the original theme.

ziporen, 11/15/2017, 7:51 pm NST
I have to admit that I'm disappointed. I was really hoping that we might get two or three new color combos released. (Just some fill colors, like Glowing or Purple, or Skunk.) I know that art resources are probably pretty tied up between the mall and the upcoming event, but they can't take that much effort to make.

They didn't even mention the captchas. :/ The whole news update just feels kinda' empty.

tyuio_k50, 11/15/2017, 8:24 pm NST
I encourage everyone to write into the editorial about the birthday petpets!

If you want something to get done you've got to act Let them know we're profoundly and overwhelmingly disappointed.

ramstercheck, 11/15/2017, 9:19 pm NST
There is NO PLACE TO ENTER CODE AND WAS CHARGED FULL PRICE!!!

ramstercheck, 11/15/2017, 9:22 pm NST
Had opened the gift bag ahead of time btw!

lokaula, 11/15/2017, 10:41 pm NST
I'm a ding-bat because I got some stuff from the NC Mall before I opened the goodie bag with the discount code! LoL

lokaula, 11/15/2017, 10:47 pm NST
BIRTHDAY PETPETS?? WHA?? I didn't even know about them until I read it here! How do you get them?

sakibou, 11/15/2017, 11:47 pm NST
Apparently an unpopular opinion, but I actually think the Ona and Mazzew are super cute! A different theme than previous years, yes, but still unique. More than I've come to expect from JumpStart.

The Barlow's actually pretty cute, too, aside from the incorrectly positioned tusks. That Lutra, however...Definitely just a lazy edit.

purplebin, 11/16/2017, 6:38 am NST
I decided to check out the code myself, and I'm also not seeing anywhere to enter it. If it's not fixed by this afternoon I'm sending a ticket. I'm assuming that someone else already has, though.

1jediboy, 11/16/2017, 11:34 am NST
HAPPY 18 BIRTHDAY NEOPETS!!!

bearlvr, 11/16/2017, 4:10 pm NST
The NEWS said there were TWO birthday goodie bags but I only found one. Does anyone know about the 2nd one?

purplebin, 11/16/2017, 6:44 pm NST
The other one is in the NC Mall. The one shown in the news is from the Toy Shop, and isn't widely available yet.

Get JN updates via