Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Help us model your pets!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

NC Glitch
  • Posted on November 11, 2017, 1:51 pm NST

UPDATE: The Mall is now back up. If you had a wrongly increased NC total, if you visit the Mall and refresh the page, your total should reset to its proper amount - this solution is working for most users but not everyone. If it doesn't work, we suggest sending in a ticket. The exploit that allowed the NC to be granted in the first place has been solved, so this problem should not repeat.

For the last few hours, users have reported receiving varying amounts of NC on their accounts out of the blue. In some cases, this amount has gone into the hundreds of thousands (equivalent to thousands of dollars).

This appears to be the result of a breach in TNT's internal means of awarding NC - TNT appear to have taken down the NC Mall as a result. Should it come back without your mysterious extra NC disappearing, do not spend it and submit a ticket.

Presently it doesn't appear that this breach includes the means to compromise account security, but we will keep you informed if that changes. Though as a general reminder, it is always a good idea to change both your account and email's passwords regularly, as well as your PIN.
dragons_dusk, 11/11/2017, 2:03 pm NST
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Your twitter was the first I'd heard of it.

alkanna, 11/11/2017, 2:06 pm NST
How odd. This same situation happened to my old account on the 23rd of February this year (I had something the tune of 2 billion NC on hand and over 900 trillion in my transaction log.) I still have the screenshots from that incident, too. It took a trouble ticket and roughly 36 hours to sort it out.

cat, 11/11/2017, 2:11 pm NST
Thanks for telling me. I have two reactions:
1. Goshdarnit, why couldn't I get this copious amounts of NC glitch?
2. I'm glad I didn't get the glitch, I'd have wanted to spend it.

rosi, 11/11/2017, 2:18 pm NST
Thanks for letting us know. Luckily I haven't experienced this glitch on any of my accounts. This episode exemplifies human greed very well

leftover_bees, 11/11/2017, 3:05 pm NST
It dumped 600 nc into my account It didn't happen until I posted in one of the threads about it.

lyrakish, 11/11/2017, 3:18 pm NST
Let's hope we get an avatar for it XD

crazybeans, 11/11/2017, 3:39 pm NST
I just finished watching stranger things and then got back on to find this. It's extremely nerve wrecking. I just hope this gets resolved soon.

Why do I get the feeling that something like this happened before though?

1jediboy, 11/11/2017, 5:35 pm NST
Good golly! This is no laughing matter! This is Neopets' extra funding! (after the site ads.) This is a very BAD bug disguised as a very GOOD bug!
It needs to be fixed SOON!

escrainus, 11/11/2017, 5:47 pm NST
^ It isn't a bug is some angry user messing with the site..

tabbysam, 11/11/2017, 6:17 pm NST
At least it doesn't appear to have affected me. I still have 0 like I should.

ashes, 11/11/2017, 7:52 pm NST
I'll just add this to the already-infinite list of reasons not to ever go on the boards.

sketch, 11/11/2017, 9:01 pm NST
They seem to be working on reverting the amount, my nc went from 500Mil back to 85NC *sobs*

lionelrichiehello, 11/11/2017, 11:55 pm NST
what to do if you've spent some

inkpot, 11/12/2017, 1:20 am NST
@sketch: i'd have loved to see that, lmao. too bad no one took a screenie.

recklesse, 11/12/2017, 2:21 am NST
what to do if you've spent some
----------

If you've spent some NC that didn't rightly belong to you, get a ticket in fast. They're likely to freeze anybody who knowingly did that. You'll have to have some very good reason for having done so.

recklesse, 11/12/2017, 4:15 am NST
Seems to be fixed now.

Apparently if you refresh at the Mall your NC will revert back to what it should be.

lionelrichiehello, 11/12/2017, 6:38 am NST
Still not working

recklesse, 11/12/2017, 10:44 am NST
What isn't working?

1jediboy, 11/12/2017, 11:37 am NST
Whew! Glad to hear it's fixed... For some at least.
(BTW I didn't get this hack. (thank Fyora!) )

anonimojack, 11/13/2017, 11:11 am NST
It was not a glitch, can you fix the title, pls? NC is a security currency, the whole problem was solved... not by TNT, another hacker did it, but TNT will fix/fixed it too.

Get JN updates via