Living vs. Dead, let the challenge begin!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
A searchable database of Neopets images
Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Help us model your pets!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Plot | GMC

New Dyeworks
  • Posted on November 2, 2017, 11:41 am NST

A fresh batch of Dyeworks have been released over at the NC Mall!

» View Our Dyeworks Guide «
purplebin, 11/2/2017, 12:11 pm NST
I'm so glad I just traded for the Orb Lights! I hardly got any duplicates of the things I dyed, and only had to trade for one other thing I wanted.
I think it's strange that the Delicate Autumn Coat dyes are all so dark (almost can't tell them apart!) when the original was so light.

froststar936, 11/2/2017, 12:14 pm NST
I've spent years trying to trade for that darn Sailor Moon background, and this is what I get?!

1jediboy, 11/2/2017, 1:28 pm NST
*GASP!* I was just thinking about if any of these could be used in a costume for NEXT halloween... When it hit me... The red sword looks like the demon's blood sword from Adventure Time!!!

I always felt if Finn were a Neopet he would be a blue Aisha. Fingers crossed we see that next year! *crosses fingers*

reconnection, 11/2/2017, 5:02 pm NST
Oh my god I actually own some of these for once

marfbear, 11/2/2017, 5:21 pm NST
I'm a little disappointed in these. For an autumn dyeworks, I wish they had used warmer colors on some things. I'd have loved to have seen the jacket in an olive green or mustard. And I'd like the dress in gold, orange or a rich brown. Ah well, saving money I guess.

cat, 11/2/2017, 6:28 pm NST
OMG, that white flaming sword is gorgeous, also the Short Woodland Archer wig recolors. Of the Cloud Castle BG I think the silver one is the best, the purple is OK, and the yellow looks like someone urinated energetically on the clouds. I also feel like the original Cloud Castle has a softening effect on the Neopet that the recolors don't.

aviagua, 11/2/2017, 6:44 pm NST
I utterly adore the Delicate Autumn Jacket recolours! And it's funny, on one of those "What Dyeworks would you like to see?" boards at the NC chat those were the EXACT colours I said I'd like to see for Dark Mystical Gown (needless to say I'm speechless that TNT actually made them.) And as an added plus, I own most of the new Dyeworks so overall I'm quite pleased with the new Dyeworks (I just wish the Fuzzy Autumn Hat & wig were all in natural colours and not blue/purple, and that there were silver orb lights rather than green.)

inkpot, 11/2/2017, 6:46 pm NST
i love all these recolors... except for the bgs... i think most bg recolors just aren't my cup of tea though.

& thank you cat for the imagery of someone urinating on the clouds. x) that's gross, lol. imagine when it rains tho, lmao!!

1jediboy, 11/2/2017, 7:40 pm NST

froststar936, 11/2/2017, 8:06 pm NST
Repeat after me: the clouds are made of LEMONADE. It's not any less plausible than a castle on a cloud...
Great, now it reminds me of Sailor Moon AND Les Mis.

haharissa, 11/3/2017, 12:49 am NST
I just think its funny that they recolored only the clouds... Wish the BG was recolored more like amongst the clouds, with the sky changing colors and the clouds staying semi-cloud like. Also, I do really like the autumn jacket recolors, but because they are all SO dark they all kind of look the same to me. LOVE the blue and pink orbs though, and I actually really like all of the fuzzy wigs, ever since the purple side swept wig I have found myself much more open to colored wigs Love that they still gave us a natural one though, the red hat will be perfect for christmas customs!!

cat, 11/3/2017, 1:34 am NST
@inkpot et al- sorry. OMG I would not want to be under that when it rains lmao.

They should have gone with a less saturated looking yellow.

olcia1446, 11/3/2017, 1:45 am NST
@cat "the yellow looks like someone urinated energetically on the clouds" hahaha

beyondelsewhere, 11/3/2017, 5:56 am NST
Just once, in my own lifetime, I like to believe they will choose an item to add to these ones THAT I ACTUALLY OWN.

mistyraider, 11/4/2017, 4:29 am NST
Well I don't own any of these. But then again I've never wanted to. I like saving money and not getting into a frenzy about DWs -- at least this time!
Now if it were Twinkling Star Garland or Window with Twinkling Lights BI . . .

alessia, 11/6/2017, 3:22 am NST
Can someone tell me how many Dyeworks Potions we got for free in the past? I need the EXACT TOTAL NUMBER because I have the feeling that the current Altador Prize Shop is glitched and I don't wanna take an extra potion if I'm not supposed to. Thank you

psychopath, 11/6/2017, 12:40 pm NST
I believe we only got one potion in the past. TNT hasn't caught on to their error yet.

jweb, 11/6/2017, 1:21 pm NST
@ alessia
Dyeworks Hue Brew Potion 4x
Dyeworks Holiday Hue Brew Potion 1x
Dyeworks Winter Hue Brew Potion 1x

purplebin, 11/6/2017, 3:11 pm NST
even if you click on the Dye potion in the AC prize shop more than once, you only get one in your inventory.

rosi, 11/6/2017, 4:00 pm NST
@Jweb: thank you for your useful summary.
I did some thorough research about all the free Dyeworks Potions we've been given since the release in 2014 and I got the same results as you.
In fact I've just had to explain it to that poor soul otherwise known as Rico S. Sorry I am sounding condescending, but nobody could ever in the slightest insinuate I am keeping duplicates I have been a dedicated, rule-abiding Neopets player for much longer than his job in the customer care service Now I DO sound patronising

rosi, 11/6/2017, 4:06 pm NST
@purplebin: Thank you! What I relief!
I was tempted to click on it a second time to verify, but the fear of getting a duplicated item always prevented me from doing so.

@Ale: so you can take that potion, as it would be your fourth regular (sixth it total counting the two special ones).

Time to dye stuff, having for once some of the items (limited time, too!)

alessia, 11/7/2017, 12:20 am NST
THANK YOU ALL!!!
It's my first time using the potions and I'm a bit excited

Get JN updates via