Snowager alert!

Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

10/27: Scrappy on the Neoboards
  • Posted on October 28, 2017, 10:52 am NST

Yesterday evening, Scrappy took to the Neoboards and posted some nice tidbits about the upcoming plot.

Regarding the quality of the plot so far, and this week's editorial:
I understand you guys are upset about the plot not being here yet. You guys can think what you want about it, but the fact of the matter is we are trying very hard (not just me, every single TNTer) to get it going and make it great! There's no reason I can give you that will satisfy everyone but we want it to go out just as much as you guys! We sincerely apologize for the long wait.

The editorial? Yes, I had to deal with some things and I didn't want Neopian Times to release late but it [wasn't] a "the editorials cancelled" it was a it will be posted later, and now it is. Again, very sorry for that delay as well!

Honestly any other issues please neomail me and lets chat!

Regarding why there has been a delay (shifting priorities due to the NetDragon acquisition):
[username removed], I totally understand that but I also did talk about the delay. I'm sorry if it hasn't been daily updates but I mentioned there was a priority shift when the acquiring happened that pushed some things back.

We are working as hard and as fast as we can. I do also try to be very open and honest with you guys! If you have issues, you can always come to me. (Unless they are a support issue)

Regarding when the plot may begin (but let's take with a grain of salt!):
Alright, first. I'm going to be honest here - we are not going to give you a play by play of our office and what we do. I'm sorry but I'd probably get in trouble. The plot will probably begin in about a week or two.

Regarding the return of Key Quest:
KeyQuest...come on? Guys, Key Quest is a VERY difficult fix. Maybe one day we can fix it but it won't happen right now. I'm sorry to tell you that!

And a later post, after asking for more details on Key Quest:
[username removed] how much more detail can I give you? The coding behind it is a mess and thats just how it is..

Regarding the acquisition of NetDragon, and whether it is good news or bad news for Neopets:
GOOD NEWS!!! Guys seriously, if you believe nothing else at least believe this..it was good news!

However, these things take TIME! I know that is the worst word to hear but even getting resources take time. Nothing happens over night and I know to you guys it has been forever but since the acquisition and all that it actually hasn't been that long.

Regarding the discontinuation of Flash and what that means for customisation and games:
Yes of course we are planning to change NP before Flash has more issues! That is a HUGE prject (think about all the items) but we are looking into every solution.

Regarding a possible, upcoming Random Contest:
From a user: will you let us make avatars and you(TNT) choose which to implement?

From Scrappy: Actually, [username removed] I think I want to make that as a Random Contest!

And finally, on her way out:
Okay guys Scrappys gotta go! Final note, I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

I'll be back on tomorrow for anyone who wants to chat but you guys are all amazing and your opinions are warranted and welcome!

-Scrappy

PS Sorry for any snarkiness (kinda)
tanoshii, 10/28/2017, 11:48 am NST
Regarding a possible, upcoming Random Contest:

When you made that suggestion ages ago and someone else gets feedback on it from Scrappy.

zeelink, 10/28/2017, 11:51 am NST
Thanks for the recap! I'm sorry to hear Keyquest is in such a sad state, but I'm not surprised :/

I'm willing to believe Scrappy when she says the acquisition by Netdragon is a good thing. Sounds like they are indeed investing time and resources into the site, that great really.

insane000illusions, 10/28/2017, 12:14 pm NST
Why are people so fussy that the plot hasn't started? They said it would be in Novemberish, it's not November yet. So it's on time with what was said originally.

I'd rather they take their time and make sure it's done right honestly. But that's just me

felicity1169, 10/28/2017, 12:28 pm NST
"The coding behind it is a mess and thats just how it is..."
I feel like the same could be said for the entire website. I honestly feel bad for TNT for constantly getting hounded on things that aren't exactly easy fixes. From the way it sounds they don't have a lot of resources or personal and they were handed a lot of problems from years of coding not being touched or fixed.

lyrakish, 10/28/2017, 12:52 pm NST
She's trying so hard bless her. All of them are. I hope it all goes well for them. The 5th Neopet stuff has revived the site a little so I can only hope this all goes well.

herdy - JN Staff, 10/28/2017, 12:55 pm NST
To be fair if you don't use JN (you totally should!) the average user on Neopets won't have seen the bit where Scrappy previously said November.

recklesse, 10/28/2017, 2:26 pm NST
'Between Collecting and Storing' could mean any time from the first of October though. And since we've been getting dialogue through the month of October, that should, at least, count as a prologue to the plot. So all this 'it isn't November yet. Wait till November.' is a bit moot.

Unless the battling commences in the first week of November I can see this argument continuing into December. It's not a big deal, but some people seem to be building up huge expectations here.

dave - JN Staff, 10/28/2017, 2:37 pm NST
I'm surprised at this point that they just don't come out and say KQ is dead and not coming back. It'd save them from being asked so often...

If it does come back, it can't come back the way it was. It needs to be completely revamped and made into a mobile app or an HTML5 game, since Flash is dying in a little over a year.

dave - JN Staff, 10/28/2017, 2:41 pm NST
@insane000illusions: I think people are fussy due to the slowness of the dialogue. The dialogue has been since September 15th, a month and a half now. The dialogue started off updating every 2-3 days, which was reasonable, but now we haven't had an update in almost 10 days, which is a noticeable slowdown. Having TNT communicate that there's a delay there would have gone a long way in appeasing people.

inkpot, 10/28/2017, 2:59 pm NST
maybe they should remove the Keyquest tokens from the mall then? from time to time i still see ppl buying the tokens and then asking why the game won't load, and i think that's a load of bull.

retire the tokens and then when and if KQ is ever fixed they can bring the tokens back out (with or without new wearables attached).

asiaxia, 10/28/2017, 3:09 pm NST
Ughhh, she did that in such a snappy manner that it leaves a bit of a bad taste. You shouldn't lead people to think there's a hope in KeyQuest coming back and it won't - just get rid of the KQ Tokens and all of its material from the site.

I can be patient about the plot, but she shouldn't be making false promises either. Not a good look.

dokibori, 10/28/2017, 3:17 pm NST
I feel bad for TNT - like someone said above, they inherited a lot of issues (such as the coding being messy) that they had nothing to do with.

@inkpot
I think the main reason they haven't is because you can get exclusive NC customization items from a few of them! I know I've been tempted to pick up a couple to get a particular dress or background. ;w;

zodia195, 10/28/2017, 3:29 pm NST
I am glad the new people in charge of NP are taking the time to speak to us at all. It tells me they are trying. I've been a part of NP for almost 10 years now and it's been awhile since I felt Staff have cared (like almost 5 years).

I am more shocked that the possibility of Key Quest may return. Oh yeah that game had plenty of issues, but I still loved it lol.

Personally, I am hoping the Plot coming up is Battle Dome centered because not everyone does it. I've never used my Pets for fighting there.

inkpot, 10/28/2017, 4:24 pm NST
@dokibori;
most things in the mall retire though at some point and keyquest tokens were no exception (they'd be available for a limited time and come back the next year w/ a new exclusive). i don't mean they should just knock them all out of the mall in a seconds notice - they could make an announcement in the news that in a week or twos time they'll be retiring until KQ has had it's problems fully ironed out.

that or when removing the tokens just take the exclusive items and put them in the mall by themselves for 150nc each.

dave - JN Staff, 10/28/2017, 6:02 pm NST
@zodia195: Indeed, I think the communication we get is great relative to before. More is always good, though!

And I do hope that Scrappy will tone down some of the snark and "GOOD VIBES ONLY" tone. I've seen too many people leaving a little salty because of that style of communication rubbing them the wrong way.

cat, 10/28/2017, 6:15 pm NST
If they do retire the tokens I hope they'll put them on sale first, so I can pick up any wearables I want and maybe fill out my token collection.

Then again, I keep hoping they'll make new games that use our KQ tokens as playable avatars.

I don't mind if KQ doesn't return.

theartofscreaming, 10/28/2017, 7:25 pm NST
Honestly, I think the whole userbase could be a little more understanding of Scrappy and the rest of TNT. I can understand everyone getting anxious about the plot, wanting Keyquest back, and feeling like the whole site is outdated, but TNT has a ton of work on their hands just keeping the site running as it is, not to mention bringing back the caption contest, pet spotlight, petpet spotlight, fixing the neofriends sidebar, giving us an extra pet slot, trying to make a plot for us, and now planning on bringing back the random contest. Scrappy is doing more than she has to by reaching out to the users and trying to explain things to us, and though I know a lot of us do, I feel like a lot of users aren't even appreciating this. I honestly can't blame her for being a bit snarky, no one liked the happy, friendly Scrappy who used exclamation points all the time, so here's a snarky, sarcastic, realist Scrappy that might be more to your taste. I know that this attitude can sometime

theartofscreaming, 10/28/2017, 7:30 pm NST
can sometimes be off-putting, but Scrappy doesn't even have to tell us what's going on, and yet she's making an effort to keep us informed so we know what's happening with our beloved site. I'm not saying she's right or perfect or that any of TNT is, but neither are we, and though we may think we do, we don't always know what's best for the site. There are a lot of messes they're trying to take care of behind scenes that we can't see, and I think it's important to keep this in mind when things seem slow. No one is really wrong here, we just can't see what everyone else is doing, and it can be frustrating. I just hope the best for the site in general, I don't want it to end up being destroyed by the ones who love it the most. We all have the same goal: to help Neopets, but because we can't see what each other is trying to do to help, there's a lot of arguing and tension.

kat, 10/28/2017, 11:28 pm NST
I gotta admit i am not satisfied with the way she answered the question regarding kq. Keyquest went down in september 2014. That is OVER THREE YEARS AGO. It is not rude of us to ask about it or even ask if it is coming back. They seriously need to address this asap. If its going to take an extended period of time to get it back, take the page away and the tokens. Reintroduce them when it finally comes back

plushielynis, 10/29/2017, 12:18 am NST
I don't mind Scrappy, in fact I do really like her, but her snark can rub me up the wrong way sometimes, like with the KQ answer :/

recklesse, 10/29/2017, 3:07 am NST
Key Quest has become as big a bungle as the UC pets situation. I bet it's for the same reason too. The staff sometimes seem to try too hard to please everyone, and thereby end up pleasing none. They don't want to give out a bald statement to the effect that KQ isn't coming back because it might upset those people who say they will quit if it isn't coming back (and a whole other group will accuse them of lying if it returns later on). Surely it would have been easier to declare it broken beyond repair back in 2014 when they realised the extent of the damage.

They could always give it a relaunch with a big fanfare when and if they eventually got it working again.

Old TNT were just as bad. They really hated to say 'no' too. Sometimes to the point of annoyance.

cay, 10/29/2017, 4:25 am NST
Meh, I don't really care about KQ - I care about TNT more - some people can be hard on them which isn't really fair.

sakeru187, 10/29/2017, 7:02 am NST
^
Seriously! I freaking loved KQ and spent a lot getting the KQ tokens to play the game. Be freaking honest is all I ask instead of beating around the bush.

I highly doubt it's ever going to come back. And like someone else said they should then remove the tokens from the mall and stop ripping people off with them that think the game still works. IF they ever fix it then bring them back.

june_scarlet, 10/29/2017, 7:29 am NST
Haha, that sounds like Snarkie to me!

zeelink, 10/29/2017, 10:05 am NST

------

True.
Although maybe with the takeover by Netdragon, JS want to hedge their bets and keep the Keyquest question open for now. Netdragon might *actually* be able to fix it, at least they have proper resources. But it's all about priorities, in the end.

ladyamethyst, 10/29/2017, 10:06 am NST
I have purchased MANY KQ tokens strictly for the wearable & to fill the album slot space. I have never played KQ. I'm probably not alone.

The company has exchanged hands twice & who knows what's going on behind the scenes. The turmoil from that alone must have been huge. They are still human beings, though & some of the messages that they get probably deserve a response a lot worse than "snarky" I admire the restraint, LOL!

flowersformachines, 10/29/2017, 11:33 am NST
If I had the NC to spare, I'd buy the KQ tokens just for the sake of filling another collection. They're a part of the site that can't exactly be removed, and I appreciate keeping them around for the sake of collectors.

I totally understand being frustrated by the lack of communication, but at the same time some of what the staff gets from users is unfair. They're still people. Like, I'll snark about the staff a lot in private with friends, because they've done a lot of stuff to drive me completely up the wall, but I'm not gonna be a jerk to the face of someone who's trying her best to engage with the community.

Honest but fair criticism goes a lot further, and speaking as a person who's had to be the unfortunate messenger before, dealing with yelling and demands is no fun! I remember growing really resentful of people who took my work for granted and treated me like I was responsible for the actions of staff as a whole.

plushielynis, 10/29/2017, 11:48 am NST
fair points tbh, I didn't really consider that she isn't the entirety staff and I really should have aha

I understand it's a lot of stress, I just hope we have a timeline soon, even though I know that'll be hard, and will probably cause more problems if they have trouble sticking to it :/

gamer_5_55_555, 10/29/2017, 12:47 pm NST
I think they are basically saying "dead but we still love the idea" -- that was the stance they had with wearables.

gamer_5_55_555, 10/29/2017, 12:49 pm NST
As for the plot timeline, we've seen this several times before. Players are impatient, and even if TNT was secretly planning on releasing on 11/15 (for example), players would just see 2 months of time waiting.

I feel like they should just keep saying "some day" until they are a few weeks away.

gamer_5_55_555, 10/29/2017, 12:51 pm NST
She is doing a great job handling requests with grace and some scrap though. Especially when in cases where she did previously address the issue.

panthera_alba, 10/29/2017, 2:27 pm NST
Neopets ought to make a webpage for these situations.
"Have a complaint or question? Read this first. (long list of questions and answers regarding 'when you gonna....'"
Based upon the way the editorial ended, and the ending of the neoboard conversation recorded here, I think Scrappy's getting a bit tired of being bugged with the same questions, or receiving complaints. What do you guys think?
I think Scrappy could use a bit of peace and quiet right now. Maybe a vacation on Lutari Island, there's not many people there. And on a related note, when is TNT gonna do something with Lutari... (Scrappy screams and runs away, tearing out her hair in frustration as she departs)

cookiewants, 10/29/2017, 2:40 pm NST
I honestly think this year we had TONS of improvements for the site we haven't had in YEARS. Scrappy and TNT are putting a lot of effort into Neopets, and even if the changes aren't immediate, I'm still seeing them. To start with the communication we lacked. I'm REALLY glad something is happening tbh!! This means the site won't really die for now! The upcoming plot, some minor fixes, we seeing actual responses and interaction through NT and, omg, the boards!

I'm cheering for TNT to be able to go through all this stuff! Lots of fixes that demand TIME. My brother works with coding, and it's such a headache (that he loves rofl), so yea, revamping a really outdated site can take A LOT of effort and frustration. So I'm sure they're working really hard!

inkpot, 10/29/2017, 5:24 pm NST
wait, so is this faerie festival event REALLY the plot?

i say this because:
1. scrappy said there'd be an event that wasn't the faerie festival before the actual plot.
2. the actual plot starts in nov. (which why are ppl complaining right now about it when we haven't even entered november?)

so confused.

herdy - JN Staff, 10/29/2017, 5:38 pm NST
She never qualified that the Faerie Festival would not be the event. Spoilers: It was.

jawsch, 10/29/2017, 7:46 pm NST
It's obvious the majority of Neopians have never actually worked in any sort of corporate / office / professional environment by half of the idiotic questions they continue to ask.

KeyQuest coding likely was a mess, just like all of Neopets' coding itself. The fact that Old TNT was obsessed with Flash despite the CONSTANT issues and vulnerabilities it's had over the past decade should tell you they didn't think into the future.

They already said it would be Nov for the plot. So why people are freaking out is beyond me and is moronic. Learn to read. She said November. Stop whining.

I swear, more than anything it's the idiotic users that make me hate Neopets. They cry and whine about UC pets despite being told for over 10 freaking YEARS that they aren't coming back. They whine and moan and whine and moan and whine and moan.
They're told the plot will be November but in mid-october are whining and moaning that the plot isn't here yet.
They whine

jawsch, 10/29/2017, 7:48 pm NST
I honestly feel like people just spit out the first ignorant thought that pops in their head and when they aren't handled like a precious snowflake, they cry about it.

How about Neopets back in 2000 when it took MONTHS for a plot or when we had WEEKS of consecutive downtime? Art that was beyond childish and "unpolished"?

panthera_alba, 10/29/2017, 8:44 pm NST
"Lots of fixes that demand TIME. My brother works with coding, and it's such a headache... so yea, revamping a really outdated site can take A LOT of effort and frustration." -Cookiewants

Yeah, when JumpStart moved stuff over, the site threw a fit, and glitches were everywhere. It seemed like they would fix one problem, and ten more appeared. It was frustrating on the users' end and everyone was complaining and threatening to quit, but for the new staff it was probably like playing Whack-a-Mole.
Considering that the site is old and there are so many different elements to the site, and the staff was brand new to begin with, they kind of got thrown into the lion's enclosure without a chair to defend themselves. "For our next circus act, let's see if the lion tamer makes it out alive!" Probably a lot of old coding, and spaghetti code. Mmm, spaghetti...
Staff: "Hey, WE didn't rage-quit! You want to talk about problems? Come look at this mes

panthera_alba, 10/29/2017, 8:47 pm NST
And that got cut off.

...Come look at this mess, try to figure it out!"

Grr, just realized the server made an emoticon in my earlier post when I wasn't trying to make an emoticon. Ah well, I'm used to it. *cough Neopets cough cough*
Well, Scrappy, if it makes you feel any better, I was never into Key Quest (never even played it), so I won't bug you about bringing it back.

cat, 10/29/2017, 10:49 pm NST
I think that KQ was probably a situation where unlike Habi and Petpet Park it was paying well enough in token sales to be worth continuing to support so they signaled to us that they had every intention of doing so. Then things just kind of snowballed and by the time they realized they couldn't fix KQ they'd already made promises they felt obligated to keep.

At this point they still want to bring back KQ but have no current way of doing so. Does that mean it won't come back? No, but it does mean it coming back is going to be a long term project, not that we haven't been given ample time to figure that out.

cat, 10/29/2017, 11:00 pm NST
KeyQuest coding likely was a mess, just like all of Neopets' coding itself.
---
Particularly since it wasn't made in house, it was made by a developer Viacom contracted out for, and my guess is Viacom didn't hire the most capable developers because KQ always seemed to have problems. It's weird because back when it was up there were never ending complaints about how people kept getting booted, or people kept quitting when it looked like they were losing, or how the community had turned toxic because of paranoia over quitters and cheaters and was driving people away. Now that it's gone people keep posting that they want it back.

With the tokens: I'd actually like to see them repriced to reflect that only the wearable component is usable now. But in the long term I'd actually have liked to see more board type games that could use them. Not all KQ of course, it would have been nice to have something that was a little less totally boring to use my plushie

cat, 10/29/2017, 11:08 pm NST
my plushie tokens in.

As for the dialog: Based on the last one I'd say whatever the next dialog was going to be would have introduced a plot/event step, either battles or a puzzle (my guess is puzzle, for divining where the Wraiths are). That would make sense with what Scrappy said about them suddenly being held up by the NetDragon aquisition, that shouldn't effect mere dialog but I could definitely see it effecting a puzzle step. So it sucks that our plot related itch is just sitting there, not getting scratched, but there's not a lot we can actually do about it.

cat, 10/29/2017, 11:13 pm NST
---
Or when there was a plot it usually wasn't a plot as we think of it now, it was a battledome event and the lag to get into the battledome to actually fight was so long it wasn't uncommon for users to have to spend 10-15 minutes just trying to get into one fight.

jesse101_9_9, 10/30/2017, 1:41 am NST
I have been playing Neopets for years and respect TNT throughout their staff changes over the years but this post definitely left a sour taste in my mouth...I get they are just being snippy but it doesn’t play over well over text. And just made it seem like they were pissed off at players recently. Which I understand since people are being a little snippy with the plot but I mean come on they wanna take the time to perfect it which is good. I’d rather wait than have a rushed plot.

ducky - JN Staff, 10/30/2017, 5:31 am NST
@Jawsch <3

"I avoid Scrappy boards anymore because it's the same users whining and crying like a bunch of grade schoolers about the same ridiculous things."

That.

...did the old staff ever tell when things started? Plots started? I seriously don't remember.

And whiners will whine no matter what they do. Whinewhinewhine, like Jawsch said.
I read that board and kept thinking how some people were raised because how RUDE they were. Yes you can complain, you can be critical but you can be civil about it and not idiot and rude. I agree Scrappy's way to answer isn't quality but... ye.

Users asking she should tell what is going on inside the company? LOLOLOLOL. Well I guess they never worked for anyone.

The Viacom Staff didn't care about KQ and they had the staff and resources, why should JS put effort on it when there is still so much else that needs to be fixed on site? Do people think the answer will be different if they ask it every week

herdy - JN Staff, 10/30/2017, 6:49 am NST
Originally the board wasn't even about the plot or delays or whatever, to be fair. It was originally about the fact that mods were deleting all boards about Scrappy's (now deleted) inflammatory comments in the editorial and Jade's initial statement about no editorial. It was Scrappy who steered it towards discussion about the plot in her first post - so you can't really blame the community for responding in kind.

twilson1118, 10/30/2017, 7:59 am NST
*plays video of scrappy doo going after a monster 8x their size and needing rescuing by scooby.....* this seems to be whats going on with keyquest lately.

twilson1118, 10/30/2017, 8:14 am NST
the thing is that makes scrappy interesting to see around is exactly the reference their nickname implies.....sometimes theirs a lot of barking and not much happening and sometimes they do actually help catch the monster

artemisaltori, 10/30/2017, 8:50 am NST
She's a worker in a company that often doesn't speak professionally or speaks as if she is a tween with a power trip. Not a great look if she's now apparently the spokesperson for Neopets.

lazybutt, 10/30/2017, 10:25 am NST
I agree, artemisaltori.

fenix, 10/30/2017, 12:31 pm NST
Anyone know what Scrappy's inflammatory comments were in the NT? Missed it apparently.

ladyamethyst, 10/30/2017, 12:42 pm NST
"Tween with a power trip"

^ It's commentary like that that really makes me admire the restraint. Yes, Scrappy is the voice of Neopets at times, but does that mean we users get to turn to insults? Does that give us permission to debase another human being? Words are tools, perhaps sharpening one's toolbox contents would serve everyone well.

herdy - JN Staff, 10/30/2017, 1:21 pm NST
@fenix: The Scrappy's announcement bit at the end originally had a third paragraph. It was largely a rant against one specific user on the plot boards who had suggested maybe Scrappy was a name they were just giving to the current NT editor rather than a specific person, but the tone came across as suggesting we should all be thanking her for even turning up for work in the morning. Understandably that didn't play well with a selection of people who were already frustrated.

jawsch, 10/30/2017, 1:43 pm NST
I find nothing wrong with the way Scrappy or Jade responded. At some point, you stop playing nice with people and handling them with kiddie gloves if they're consistently rude, ignoring the things you say, twisting the things you say and asking the same questions over and over.

They should be glad she shows up for work, especially considering how people treat her. Would you want to? Lol

I swear it's like users don't remember Viacom or Pre-Viacom days at all and think none of these issues existed before JS.

jawsch, 10/30/2017, 1:44 pm NST
People want to cry about Neopets being too kiddie and how most of us are adults but then cry when TNT treats us like adults.

It's laughable, the ridiculous nature of users anymore.

So what she didn't shower people with rainbows and sunshine. That's life, that's the adult world. Time to get used to it.

Now to wait for the next editorial where a bunch of babies cry about unconverted pets for another 10 effing YEARS

herdy - JN Staff, 10/30/2017, 2:14 pm NST
I get treated far worse and I do *shrug*
When you're paid to do a job you do that job. She's the community manager. She's paid to keep us sweet.

katina_choovanski, 10/30/2017, 3:16 pm NST
Ok, I nearly never pipe up and say anything but I totally agree with artofscreaming. The amount of whining on Neopets is phenomenal. If I had to deal with that much angry users always complaining about everything I would get tired of it and just say ENOUGH!!! Heck with it, why even try, the little things we CAN do for them they don't even appreciate!! I think KQ can go the way of my favorite game Habitarium. It was the only thing I ever played on Neopets besides being a chronically addicted collector of NC stuff. I miss it but it's gone. THE END. PPL need to grow up and be kids again instead of the whiney grown ups they've become.
END

ummy - JN Staff, 10/30/2017, 4:44 pm NST
I don't blame people for being upset about KQ since no one would directly answer what was holding KQ back for years. That and a lot of people (myself included) spent NC and loads of real money on the tokens plus a lot of time investment into that game. It was a pretty popular part of the site.

Hopefully they still see the demand for it and remake it for mobile.

reconnection, 10/30/2017, 4:48 pm NST
Looks like that friendly front finally cracked from all the whining. I don't think anyone expects anything overnight. We're just tired of constantly being in the dark about everything just being told to be patient.

1jediboy, 10/30/2017, 7:51 pm NST
*sigh*

It's official... My hype for the Faerie Festival is gone.

Not only do they provide us with a storyline that seemingly was written by newbies who don't know the original lore of Neopia, (no offense... And I would've LOVED to write for Neopets as well), but a prolonged wait like this is just heartbreaking.

I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed. I hope my hype returns when it finally arrives.

dream13, 10/31/2017, 4:46 pm NST
I have been with neopets since essentially the beginning - since the original TNT. I think the frustrations with users that have grown up with the site (not the newer ones who seem to complain a lot more than the "old heads" are the fact that the site has switched owners a few times, and it seems to steadily continue to go down hill - which is so sad for us that have been with the site for a while. I'm sure this is equally as frustrating for new users who want to enjoy the site without experiencing so many issues.

I understand that coding takes time (I code myself), however I have not seen or experienced the amount of "love" for the site as the old TNT has shown and put into the site. Not saying it isn't happen, but this is my experience.

I've seen countless users get frozen for no reason or have had their account hacked, and have received no response despite numerous attempts to contact TNT through their broken message system, e-mail and even Fac

dream13, 10/31/2017, 4:48 pm NST
-continue-

Facebook (which seems to be the most promising way). Likewise, I've seen some who have experienced similar situations, but have received replies and their accounts back. So with the comment about communication, there's still a lack of communication in comparison to the original TNT BUT seems to be more than Viacom..

I was a bit surprised at her snappy remarks - some have said they've been asked silly questions - regardless, as someone in a somewhat customer service role, you shouldn't respond to people like that, especially since it's a "children's" site for general purposes. It's expected to have to respond to similar questions more than once ; why not just have an FAQ page that's updated and use friendly?

Also, just chatting on the site is frustrating. I can't say simple works like advertisement or trapeze without my post being blocked or something ridiculous! I mean come on really....

But anyways I understand the f

dream13, 10/31/2017, 4:48 pm NST
-continue-

But anyways I understand the frustrations of neo and the frustrations of TNT, however when your company bought this website it knew what it was getting itself into. It's part of the risk assessment that the company has to analyze before saying "yes we'll take on this project". So as for things being promised and no follow through or a dragged out process (like this plot and MANY other things)...here's to hoping for the best!

In the meantime, I enjoy my guild and designing things and that's about it these day...

Just my VERY LONG two cents

twilson1118, 10/31/2017, 7:15 pm NST
the big problem with many of the comments we have too is a trust factor...when folks believe the ama staff over the current people, you may want to question why your not being trusted as a source of information.

amethyst43217, 11/4/2017, 12:45 am NST
So Neopets got acquired AGAIN, in such a short time? I don't understand. Has this not been a discussed issue? They still have old information saying it's owned by JumpStart?

As for the treatment that we get - I saw someone saying that we should be glad that they're informing us about anything. Uh, no. You should absolutely inform your userbase about what's going on with the site, and they are avoiding answering as much as possible. No wonder people get frustrated, although probably too much and I suppose it's people who have little idea about how this stuff works.

hanabi, 11/8/2017, 8:44 pm NST
I've never commented on any JN update before in all my years but I was so moved to respond to this poor display of character. User artemisaltori sums it up perfectly with "tween with a power trip". If scrappy cannot respond in a professional and mature manner, she needs to be removed and replaced from the position. Period. This creates a bad image for the site in it's entirety.

Get JN updates via