Help us model your pets!
Every editorial question answered just a search away!
Earn NP from playing games!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

New Faerieland Dialogue
  • Posted on October 10, 2017, 5:54 am NST

There has been another update at the Faerie Festival this morning:

Fyora: I don't know if you noticed, but the plants in the land have begun to droop ever so slightly. It isn't much, but it is unmistakable. Something is draining the life force around us, and it looks very much like the darkness we have always associated with the wraith.

Aethia: But what about our barrier spell, Fyora?!

Fyora: I did a quick check before I came here - there were no obvious violations. But now that the Yurble has confirmed my fears, I'm going to take a closer look at it and see if there's something I missed.

Taelia: What do we do now, Queen Fyora?

Fyora: We must first find out where the wraith are spawning from and fight them before they can cause any more destruction. We must then work to repel the life-sucking forces they bring with them. We can then work together to find out how they were able to overcome the barrier spell, and what we must do to prevent this from happening again.

Aethia: I can't wait to get started!

sketch, 10/10/2017, 6:08 am NST
!!!
Also it now reads "Have you heard the Yurble's account of the attack on the Faerie Festival?" above the video

1lalabears1, 10/10/2017, 6:11 am NST
Aethia, pls, try to sound less excited about wraiths, lol.

But seriously, would love something to do any day now, JS...

pancaketime, 10/10/2017, 6:33 am NST
Weirdly, I'm not getting the new dialogue, but the text above the video updated.

sketch, 10/10/2017, 6:35 am NST
Aethia: I can't wait to get started!

Same Aethia, same

warmum, 10/10/2017, 6:40 am NST
Surely a step, some battling, anything is imminent right? JS can't drag feet anymore after that statement!!

purplebin, 10/10/2017, 7:24 am NST
It sounds like something might start with the news update, or maybe tomorrow.
The Wraith Resurgence Chest was for 9 days, and Haunted Hijinks has been starting on the 19th, so unless the Wraith thing starts today they will overlap.
That's probably not a big deal, but I thought they would try to avoid that.

dave - JN Staff, 10/10/2017, 7:30 am NST
I'm still wondering what it means when Scrappy said this would be happening in November. 🤔 I wonder if plans have changed, or if we'll be getting new dialogue for the next month.

lazybutt, 10/10/2017, 8:20 am NST
This new dialogue is much better than what we've gotten in the past. Maybe some of the site's feedback has been taken into account...

rq, 10/10/2017, 9:13 am NST
Scrappy never said that the even was going to happen in november

ka_zatha, 10/10/2017, 10:07 am NST
@RQ
In the editorial, she hinted at it in what was basically a riddle.

cheyennet2, 10/10/2017, 10:52 am NST
Technically she said (in riddle form) between October and December. Between could mean November or through all three months.

herdy - JN Staff, 10/10/2017, 11:15 am NST
Scrappy later explicitly confirmed November. When people missed the original hint she went on the boards hinting until someone guessed November, and then she said they were correct. Though that doesn’t mean it must start in November, in theory.

maxgarou, 10/10/2017, 11:28 am NST
Wraith resurgence
Haunted hijinks
Maybe this new plot will start with the Trick or treating event. After all this all sounds like a Halloween themed plot.

ka_zatha, 10/10/2017, 11:34 am NST
Keep in mind we still have that Novia-style battle dome that has yet to be explained...

beyondelsewhere, 10/10/2017, 11:48 am NST
They updated that the Free the Faeries thing was going on until the...12th? I think? 11th? I can't remember. So my guess is that perhaps the next part starts after that's finished in the Mall?

1jediboy, 10/10/2017, 11:53 am NST
(Scottish accent): Prepare for war!

suikin, 10/10/2017, 12:32 pm NST
why do everything ends in war??

43456, 10/10/2017, 1:02 pm NST
Ooooh I would be sooo happy if Neovia got their own battledome!

jlithium, 10/10/2017, 3:51 pm NST
I have a question...why do people keep saying there will be a war? Is the for sure really going to be a war, or possibly just a plot with a battling component? It really baffles me if that's the case, the way people are running away with it...

maple_snow, 10/10/2017, 3:57 pm NST
@suikin - "everything" does not end in war. If anything, there's been a lot of peace in Neopia this decade compared to the last.

ka_zatha, 10/10/2017, 3:57 pm NST
@Jlithium
A plot has been confirmed, and something like 99% of the plots have a battling component. The exceptions are pure puzzle story ones, like Desert Diplomacy.

The fact that Wraiths are apparently returning means that there is probably going to be a battling component/war. Even if they are faking it, there is still some antagonist that probably will have to be fought.

josie, 10/10/2017, 4:18 pm NST
"We must first find out where the wraith are spawning from...."

Ask the Yurble. That guys knows more than what he lets on

1jediboy, 10/10/2017, 5:25 pm NST
*hands sulking a daisy*

1jediboy, 10/10/2017, 5:26 pm NST
*Suikin

geodude25, 10/10/2017, 6:30 pm NST
Aethia’s always itching for a battle isn’t she?

solsticesprite, 10/11/2017, 7:30 am NST
I think we've been getting hints that the Battledome is also being worked on. One way to show that off, would be to have a large fighting component to this plot/siteevent/whutevs

1jediboy, 10/11/2017, 1:03 pm NST
If Suikin is looking at my post I wasn't saying they were "sulking." that was a typing error. I'm sorry.

dark_empress, 10/11/2017, 1:16 pm NST
I can't find it at the moment, but I'm sure in one of the recent editorials, Scrappy said it was time to get our pets battle ready

spunkii, 10/11/2017, 2:00 pm NST
Can you put a link to it maybe?

purplebin, 10/11/2017, 2:31 pm NST
From the News:

28th September

Something is not right here, the Faerie Festival has been shut down?! What does this all mean? For now, all we have is this official notice from Fyora, which has us thinking that it might be time to get your Neopets ready for battle!

grandwolfmon, 10/11/2017, 3:21 pm NST
again, now is question of wait and see, -goes back to train the neopet just in case-

foxycleopatra, 10/11/2017, 6:13 pm NST
@grandwolfmon It's like this just confirms to train pets doesn't it? Lol.

Still loving the updates tho- seems like the flow is Tuesdays and maybe a blurb later in the week in News or editorial.

_kingdomheartsf_68, 10/11/2017, 10:39 pm NST
Aw, yeah, those Wraiths are going to feel my wrath pretty soon!

geodude25, 10/12/2017, 10:02 am NST
I like how Taelia randomly pops up here. I didn’t think she was on speaking terms with the Faerie Queen. Maybe it’s all those NT stories and comics that depict a strained relationship that’s influenced my headcanon about those two.

Get JN updates via