A searchable database of Neopets images
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

New Faerieland Dialogue
  • Posted on October 7, 2017, 4:53 am NST

Today has come with another new update in Faerieland:

Aethia: I'm not sure I believe his story.

Fyora: What makes you say that?

Aethia: That isn't even what the wraith look like! Plus, our barrier spell! What about our barrier spell?!

Fyora: I'm afraid I can't agree with you. I have reason to believe he speaks the truth.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Today's update is glitched for lots of people, and is not showing for them.
moondreams, 10/7/2017, 6:44 am NST
What is the reason that I can see only the first two lines of every dialogue? Are there more people who experience this? Is it my browser?

rhomba, 10/7/2017, 7:10 am NST
I have the same issue, no matter the browser.....

suikin, 10/7/2017, 7:30 am NST
Well, you have to click on a > sign top right of the dialogues to see the next lines.. I dunno, for me isn't glitched..

But about the plot, what is Fyora hidding from us all??

lazybutt, 10/7/2017, 8:58 am NST
The way they speak is so weird... whoever is writing these doesn't have a grasp on creative writing.

sketch, 10/7/2017, 10:52 am NST
I didn't get any new dialogue but luckily JN is always reliable! ^^
But what about their Barrier Spell!??

grandwolfmon, 10/7/2017, 11:57 am NST
for me the text is'nt appearing indeed, so will have to wait for a fix.

solsticesprite, 10/7/2017, 4:34 pm NST
It could be the author doesn't have any imagination. Or, they could be a child, or English could be a second language for them---

Me, I'm going with the faeries are talking in such a weirdly simple and information-free pattern *because* they've got a spell on them.

felicity1169, 10/7/2017, 5:19 pm NST
I think they are trying to make them sound super formal and "olde timey" like a mediveal royality kind of voice, but it just reads super akward instead.

1jediboy, 10/7/2017, 5:23 pm NST
Forget the glitch! (Yes, it's happening to me too.)

Fyora's basically saying the barrier might not be impenetrable! D:

Why wouldn't she tell her fellow faeries about that weakness!?

cat, 10/7/2017, 6:12 pm NST
Maybe they're trying to make them sound like real people, real people don't always speak in a grammatically correct manner.

lokaula, 10/7/2017, 7:05 pm NST
Yep, glitched for me...doesn't show up on mine so thanks for posting it here!

starleogirl09, 10/7/2017, 7:24 pm NST
I still see the video at the bottom of the page. No new dialogue.

pw2065, 10/8/2017, 12:22 am NST
Is it only the users who get the avatar can see the new Dialogue ??

ironsides, 10/8/2017, 2:14 am NST
honestly i'm STOKED that they're even addressing that...this isn't what the wraith we're used to look like.

herdy - JN Staff, 10/8/2017, 3:10 am NST
@cat: Well, real people don't talk like that, either. It's a problem they've had for a while that they are just pants at characterisation in dialogue.

recklesse, 10/8/2017, 3:38 am NST
The dialogue doesn't seem particularly strange to me...

Perhaps that says something about the way I speak?? (lol).

I wonder if JS are taking inspiration directly from the boards for some of the points made? The strength of the barrier and the appearance of the wraiths has been a recurring topic there.

tomatereloco, 10/8/2017, 5:44 am NST
"That isn't even what the wraith look like!"

I guess it would be hard for Aethia to know with certainty that what the Angry Yurble saw doesn't look like a wraith :|

starleogirl09, 10/8/2017, 8:18 am NST
@pw2065 I received the avatar, but can't see the dialogue. I doubt that has anything to do with not being able to see text though.

I hope it gets fixed soon!

catsrnice, 10/8/2017, 10:32 am NST
Worked for me. When the last dialogue appeared with the yurble I made sure to scroll back up and click the "x" on the dialogue, closing it. Maybe that has something to do with it

starleogirl09, 10/8/2017, 2:23 pm NST
I've been closing out all of the dialogues, although one day after refreshing the Festival page, the same dialogue appeared that I had closed the previous day. This is the one I am currently 'stuck on'.

cat, 10/8/2017, 9:24 pm NST
---
If you assume the video is him relaying what he saw, cloaked figures (one of which glowing purple) causing trouble, than Aethia could draw some conclusions about what they look like and compare that to wraiths.

IMO one of them looks like a wraith, but the others look like ordinary Neopets. Xandra's followers?

pancaketime, 10/9/2017, 2:39 am NST
I didn't get this dialogue when I should have, but I got it this morning. (I can also confirm that I had closed out the dialogue before this one and still didn't get it on time.)

sketch, 10/9/2017, 9:54 am NST
I can see the dialogue now!! :o

acexcat13, 10/9/2017, 9:56 am NST
Confirmed. I couldn't see the dialogue over the weekend, but got it this morning.

jomarcenter, 10/9/2017, 7:51 pm NST
look like someone messed up with the spell. Someone gonna get fired.

for the wraith thing , I kinda wondering as well but it could just they been evolved via evolutionary reasons now they can look like a average neopian or can possessed one at this point making this task harder, that the random characters in the somewhat broken theme could make this more sense why they are there.

starleogirl09, 10/9/2017, 8:12 pm NST
Yes, I can finally see the dialogue as well^^

rodgerflint, 10/10/2017, 4:43 am NST
Looks like htere's some new character heads in the source code:

Don't know why they have DD 2012 code bits and images but who knows these days lol

tomatereloco, 10/10/2017, 5:48 am NST
I don’t like the fact that it seems to have very little new art work. It kinda seems like a collage of old images :/

Get JN updates via