Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Create your own wishlists!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

Wednesday Plot Update
  • Posted on October 4, 2017, 7:55 am NST

More dialogue appears, and it's confirmed that the Angry Yurble receives that 50,000 NP. (😕)

Fyora: It can't be! Tell us everything you saw.

Angry Yurble: I get the reward, right?

Fyora: If you have any information that proves helpful, of course you do.

Angry Yurble: Well then, here's what happened...

You are then led to the below video:

Of particular note is this cloaked figure, who seems to be directing the wraiths:

Who do you think is the cloaked figure in charge? An old friend? Or a new denizen we'll be shortly meeting? Let us know what you think in the comments!
dave - JN Staff, 10/4/2017, 8:01 am NST
So far I've heard: Xandra, The Darkest Faerie, Kanrik, and Jazan (🤔).

novelista, 10/4/2017, 8:07 am NST
I notice we didn't see the Dark Faerie there...but maybe that's too obvious?

topaz644, 10/4/2017, 8:09 am NST
It's the Ghost of Christmas Future!

He's Wraith. Do we have a Wraith baddie besides the Shadows we fought in TFR?

pikachu315111, 10/4/2017, 8:33 am NST
Is anyone else reminded of Organization XIII from kingdom hearts with these guys?

mortychichi, 10/4/2017, 8:48 am NST
I'd imagine Dark Faeries being involved since they mentioned that Kaia was bullied by some of them at school, plus she IS obviously the protagonist in this plot. I'd guess that the plot ends with Kaia confronting the Dark Faeries, solving the incident, makes new friends and happily ever after.

Also, the crime was vandalism, which is not really as severe as bringing down Faerieland; more like a prank pulled on Fyora and other happy beings, just like what Dark Faeries would do.

sporty, 10/4/2017, 9:24 am NST
Those cloaked figures look like various neopet species rather than faeries, and their leader has what is almost certainly a furry snout at the front of his/her face -- I'm gonna guess that one's a Lupe, Kougra or maybe Ogrin based on the snout's shape and the character's overall size. The leader also has that very wraith-like purple glow, which makes me think he or she is probably wraith-colored. My current theory is that this is a group of Xandra followers or perhaps some sort of wraith cult (or both?) that wants to "take down" the faeries, and destroying the festival grounds is just the prelude to a more serious attack that may involve trying to revive Xandra and/or bring back the wraiths.

recklesse, 10/4/2017, 9:26 am NST
I've seen lots of suggestions, including Balthazar, Revenge (from the Three), the Spirit of Slumber and Gnarfas. Admittedly some people are making really wild guesses.

warmum, 10/4/2017, 10:05 am NST
Based on the snout shape, the leader looks like a Lupe. It's also sporting a beard. The so called wraiths look like pet species, not the shadowy denizens from before. Two look female, you can see their eyelashes. When they are standing on the hill(?) one looks like a Kyrii (you can see the hair hanging down), at least one Usul and a Scorchio that I've identified so far.
I'm kind of leaning towards Revenge. Since he does very much look like this, but I thought others didn't see the Three, that they just whispered in their ear. But revenge from Xandra and/or the Darkest Faerie obviously makes sense. And some sort of wraith thing is going on because the janitor saw them, they are part of the theme and JS has some kind of Wraith Resurgence chest that will be in the mall at some point for a NC portion. The vandalism is just the beginning!

atryeu, 10/4/2017, 10:56 am NST
Anybody else have trouble with that video loading and buffering? I'm on a 12mbps download speed and it's loading so slow that it has to buffer every half second or so Neo in general runs kind of slow for me it seems too where other sites don't give me this problem (including video streaming sites like )

atryeu, 10/4/2017, 10:58 am NST
... apparently that site name is blocked? LoL Either way, I don't have trouble streaming video on that widely known video streaming site, but Neo's video is running almost as slow as it would have when I was on dialup a few months ago

royalpain33, 10/4/2017, 11:17 am NST
The shadow of the leader's face looks like an ogrin to me...

starry_eyes1239, 10/4/2017, 11:36 am NST
I don't think it's Xandra, unless she drank a Morphing Potion when we weren't looking. The muzzle is too long and squared for a Xweetok, and that beard, if that's what it is, makes me think Ogrin. Could also be a Lupe, Gelert, Bori, Kau, Krawk, Peophin, or Uni, with facial hair. They all have the correct muzzle shape, though it would be a rather heavy-set Peophin, if that's correct.

sailorchristmas, 10/4/2017, 11:52 am NST
The leader does look Ogrin to me too. Perhaps it's a Wraith Ogrin (glowy pinkish purple at one point in the video, but definitely looks like an Ogrin snout/beard sticking out from the hood). Some of the other shadowy characters look like they could be painted Stealthy (or just wearing a ninja outfit to mimic the Stealthy look). But it could just be my imagining things.

maple_snow, 10/4/2017, 12:43 pm NST
Maybe a Bori or a Krawk? Maybe they have beard too? To the Book of Ages...!

phenixia, 10/4/2017, 1:25 pm NST
I agree with Sporty, Warmum and Sailorchristmas.

vtx_11, 10/4/2017, 1:54 pm NST
OfToppic...
But I really need help... My account is frozzen, and I dont now why!!
I send some Mail to Neopets, but I dont think if the are send or not... In my "Send" folder the are no mail to suport@N....
What I CAN DO?

ibookworm281, 10/4/2017, 2:03 pm NST
The snout looks like a krawk methinks.

sketch, 10/4/2017, 2:29 pm NST
That shadow is definitely an Ogrin!!
I thought it might have been a lupe at first, but it has the same square profile and beard as an Ogrin

unita90, 10/4/2017, 2:29 pm NST
I think it's Hanso

sketch, 10/4/2017, 2:36 pm NST
Square jaw, beard, available as wraith colour

blastoise87blue, 10/4/2017, 3:15 pm NST
Just realized Balthazar and kaia both had problems with the dark faeries.

1jediboy, 10/4/2017, 3:19 pm NST
*gasp* The Wraiths have a leader! He might be a battledome challenger!

I predict that this whole thing is going to end with the introduction to a "Wraith-land!" (In between Faerieland and the Haunted Woods.)

tyuio_k50, 10/4/2017, 4:07 pm NST
so I like this event and all, but that flash animation is freakishly-creepy

josie, 10/4/2017, 4:22 pm NST
I think it's the Yurble. I don't trust this guy. He's so eager to get the reward, and there's just something about his whole attitude that seems off.

I'm so ready for this event to start

starry_eyes1239, 10/4/2017, 4:25 pm NST
'Maybe a Bori or a Krawk? Maybe they have beard too? To the Book of Ages...!' I said with facial hair. As in ADDED facial hair. Like say, the Evil Twin Goatee. Several members of the species I listed have beards or things that would look like them in outline.

smallcat910, 10/4/2017, 4:25 pm NST
Reminds me of the gelert from Spellkeeper (eh, hope he's not evil lol) or the ogrin from Order of the Red Erisim .

loretta__mandy, 10/4/2017, 5:22 pm NST
could it be a yurble

tomatereloco, 10/4/2017, 6:17 pm NST
They reminded me to The Chandrian from The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicles). They are also 7...

cler13br, 10/4/2017, 6:34 pm NST
I think that she is Xandra

blastoise87blue, 10/5/2017, 2:34 am NST
Half wonder if kaia will end up like xandra. Or working with Balthazar. Kaia had to have learned some about xandra from Fyora. Plus minus that Balthazar isnt to fond of faeries Both Balthazar and Kaia were picked on by the dark faeries. Also its kind of weird no Dark faeries were at the festival

geodude25, 10/5/2017, 6:28 am NST
Sure, blame the foreigner that’s not from around there . Kaia could be a suspect but I hope not. The blame the outsider thing gets old after a while. It’s hard not to do that though. The faeries are often under attack by someone that’s from the outside. The Darkest Faerie was from Altador, Xandra was from somewhere, Balthazar was from Haunted Woods. If I was a Faerielander, I would be suspicious of Kaia even though it’s probably unfair to jump to that conclusion.

olcia1446, 10/5/2017, 6:48 am NST
For me looks like Ogrin.

geodude25, 10/5/2017, 7:21 am NST
If the individual is Xandra... isn’t her statue under Fyora’s watch? This would mean a serious question about whether Fyora is capable of guarding dangerous statues. This could lead to voices calling for a change in leadership. Bye Fyora, you were a fine queen.

blastoise87blue, 10/5/2017, 7:47 am NST
Though granted with Balthazar the faeries started it first. Plus Fyoras Record so far doesnt look good with noteable students

geodude25, 10/5/2017, 8:32 am NST
I wonder if hidden behind the scenes is some political maneuvering to try and get Fyora to step down because she’s losing her grip and the negatively affecting the stability Faerieland. She’s a good queen but her tenure lately is quite tested.

nothastetypified, 10/5/2017, 10:12 am NST
What I'm really concerned about is that faerie from 0:11. I haven't seen her anywhere on the site before.

eleanorrigby, 10/5/2017, 12:01 pm NST
Do you mean the wooden statue? Or Kaia?

jigglebelly, 10/6/2017, 3:18 am NST
Definitely looks like a Kougra to me. Maybe this one?: https://bookofages.jellyneo.net/characters/1873/

jomarcenter, 10/6/2017, 6:14 am NST
Look like TNT did a Animation approach then the usual Plot comic approach. But then again it been a while they did a plot related animations.

twilson1118, 10/6/2017, 6:28 am NST
its interesting to see they figured out how to open flash to animate, now if they can do the same for the games and make them mobile?

artestar, 10/10/2017, 10:51 am NST
What about the gelert assassin from the darkest faerie video game/plot? I don't think it'd be gnarfas because his grudge seems more against altador than the faeries. Maybe the werelupe king under the command of the darkest faerie. There are a lot of possibilities. Could even be a new character.

theelementsofharmony, 10/10/2017, 9:13 pm NST
Me, waiting for them to bring out the Darkest Faerie again because her statue DID go missing: HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Get JN updates via