Earn NP from playing games!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

Plot Launch Month Confirmed - November
  • Posted on July 28, 2017, 1:18 pm NST

Today's editorial contained another plot related question:

(hands Scrappy a double cheeseburger with all the trimmings and a root beer float) Thought you might like something more filling than sweets :). Anymore hints on upcoming plot? Even the tiniest morsel would be deeply appreciated sweetie! Pretty, pretty please (slips double chocolate peanut butter cup to her under the table)?~keeper_of_the_dunes
A burger, for me? Aw, I couldn't accept this... *scarfs burger in one bite* well anyways. Hm, all I have to say is between collecting all the awesome new stuff and celebrating the awesomeness of it. You guys will surely be happy!

Scrappy later confirmed on the Neoboards that between collecting and celebrating was a clue to the launch date of the plot - specifically between the Month of Collecting (October) and the Month of Celebrating (December). This means that the plot is due to launch in the Month of Storing (November).

But if that feels like a long time away, have no fear! Scrappy also mentioned on the boards that there would be a 'special event' earlier than that. Though she gave no details as to what it would be or when.
zeelink, 07/28/2017, 1:23 pm NST
The editorial was full of hints. I'm hyped for the next six months.

herdy - JN Staff, 07/28/2017, 1:29 pm NST
It seems like she might have been hinting at a beefed up Faerie Festival in September... but equally, the GMC's normal slot is November, so that might be the 'special event' just at a different time to usual.

ironsides, 07/28/2017, 1:35 pm NST
that plot hint is the best neopets-specific hint. it took my sister a while to remember that the neopets months had different names, and she's been playing for 15 years at least.

novelista, 07/28/2017, 1:35 pm NST
Hmm...either they're going to have a plot and cancel GMC, or GMC is going to be expanded with a plot.

stories2btold, 07/28/2017, 1:53 pm NST
Assuming the BD dome spoiler that came out so many months ago is not tied to the plot, I'm thinking/hoping we will actually get a Halloween event early this year. Maybe start is late September? FF is not something I'll mind being replaced lol.

stories2btold, 07/28/2017, 1:54 pm NST
OR Halloween themed GMC... fun!

stories2btold, 07/28/2017, 2:02 pm NST
Although a big faerie party would be nice... they've been restoring the city for years and gotten seemingly nowhere

dave - JN Staff, 07/28/2017, 2:51 pm NST
Totally thought that was a complete nonsense answer at first

meeshell362, 07/28/2017, 2:57 pm NST
Special event could be Charity Corner?

saa, 07/28/2017, 3:14 pm NST
A long time away? It's way too soon for me. My account was frozen for suspicious behavior in March and support still didn't even read the ticket I sent... I can't believe I'll miss the first plot we've had in years...

mischievious_man, 07/28/2017, 3:26 pm NST
special event should be double keys when they get keyquest back up. I think that's extremely likely.

hprox, 07/28/2017, 6:21 pm NST
ahhh i'm excited!!! :O wonder if I should sell my codestones now or after it starts...

bonju, 07/28/2017, 6:26 pm NST
Now I really hope they don't rush it since they have set themselves a deadline

morganjoisle, 07/28/2017, 6:31 pm NST
I love how Scrappy actually knows enough neopian lore to make references like this. She actually gets neopians, and I love having a communicative person who cares about the players on staff!

I will be sad if GMC doesn't happen this year because I find the gaming events a lot of fun.

@stories2btold: But we already had the faerie festival turn into a plot that time!

1jediboy, 07/28/2017, 7:21 pm NST
Oh sweet Altador! *puts hand in head* I saw this post say "plot" but I read it as "pilot" in my head and thought you were confirming a neopets TV show!

josie, 07/28/2017, 8:25 pm NST
Exciting times are ahead for us. I can't wait

cay, 07/28/2017, 9:01 pm NST
@saa, update your ticket to let TNT know you're still awaiting for their response and post the number on the ticket waiting board ! They don't ignore - the staff are still swamped with tickets and are getting through it. I had help from them last year and loved the support I received.

cat, 07/28/2017, 9:26 pm NST
Woot! I remembered that December was the month of celebrating but had forgotten about the month of collecting and thought it was referring to collecting Advent Calendar prizes.

It sounds like the other event is faerie related, can't wait to see what it is.

ka_zatha, 07/28/2017, 9:36 pm NST
Ah. I heard flash was going to stop being supported, and wondered what would happen to Neo. I guess they have it handled at least .

inkpot, 07/28/2017, 10:52 pm NST
i haven't been this excited about Neopets in a long time. can't wait for the plot~

cay, 07/29/2017, 2:22 am NST
Perfect time for everyone to start training their pets again My Lutari will be busy for a while!

saa, 07/29/2017, 3:48 am NST
@cay - thank you, I had no idea the thread actually worked! I really hope doing that will be enough to get my main back before the plot starts...

cay, 07/29/2017, 6:24 am NST
You're welcome, @saa.
If you have enough information about your account you should be fine - just be honest and polite to them. Posting the ticket number seems to work on the boards - but, be patient

foxlover, 07/29/2017, 12:10 pm NST
hmm, I wondered what the flash comment was about. I didn't know it wasn't supported anymore. is that why I can't view any of the maps on Neopets anymore? XD

foxlover, 07/29/2017, 12:11 pm NST
*and now they're magically working again...

zeelink, 07/29/2017, 12:22 pm NST
Flash is still supported, but it will be definitively discontinued in a few years.

ka_zatha, 07/30/2017, 9:49 am NST
Right, they wouldn't just stop supporting it out of the blue! They gave a three years notice, giving everyone enough time to find something else to use.

Get JN updates via