Weapon stats and Battledome challengers!
Discover the characters of Neopia in our Book of Ages!
Look sophisticated while chatting on the Neoboards
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle

Altador Cup Rankings Not Counting
  • Posted on June 3, 2017, 3:57 pm NST

UPDATE: TNT has posted the following excerpt in the news regarding this issue. It is not a glitch, but rather your account has been flagged for cheating. If you're not using score sending or participating in other play methods that have been deemed against the rules by TNT, then you may want to submit a ticket via the help center.

ADDITIONAL AC NEWS: In an attempt to keep this year’s competition as clean as possible, TNT has been closely monitoring gameplay, which has resulted in certain accounts being put under review. The accounts in question, which were flagged for suspicious activity will not be able to actively rank up in our efforts to keep the competition fair. If you are experiencing this first hand, please understand that it is not a glitch. However, if you feel that you’ve been wrongly affected by this, you are more than welcome to write into our team for further clarification. Thank you!

As of late last night NST, there is an ongoing Altador Cup glitch involving some users that is preventing them from ranking up in all 4 games - despite not maxing games or submitting scores below minimums, their ranks are not increasing (but scores are being added to totals). It is unclear if this will have a knockon effect to prize points.

If you think you have suffered this glitch, submit a ticket! At this point there doesn't seem to be a solution. To check if you have been affected, visit the on site Rank Calculator at the Altador Cup main page, by clicking here:

Make a note of the games needed to rank up that are displayed there, and go play a single qualifying game. If the games needed figure does not decrease, you are suffering from the glitch.
surferaj, 06/4/2017, 8:00 am NST
JS/TNT has a number of AC Glitches to address when they are back in the office tomorrow.

thaurialiel_lelfe, 06/4/2017, 4:24 pm NST
I had this problem last year ! And it's came back. I am freeze on rank 9 and suppose to be at rank 11.

debgil, 06/5/2017, 12:08 pm NST
Mine appeared to clear itself up yesterday at some point.

purplebin, 06/5/2017, 4:16 pm NST
Well, according to the news today it's not a glitch! It seems that many accounts were under "review" for "suspicious activity". I guess anyone who couldn't rank up at first but now can were cleared of cheating.

bugsbob605, 06/5/2017, 5:39 pm NST
Remember kids, if you try your hardest, you too can be punished for other's misdeeds.

cat, 06/5/2017, 5:52 pm NST
Well, at least you aren't getting frozen, and as long as you keep credit for the games played when they restore the ranking up functions and get your proper rank I don't see that it's anything to get too upset about.

fennox, 06/5/2017, 6:02 pm NST
Do we get the credit for the games played when they restore the ranking up functions tho?

surferaj, 06/5/2017, 7:37 pm NST
EXCUSE MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I've been out here all day every day since June 1st playing each and every one of these mind numbing Games in order to do the best for my Team possible. I've submitted each and every Game Score after completing each Game. It's takes an incredible amount of time to put play these Games over and over and over again.

They're most certainly penalizing us honest players working super hard on each game to help out our Teams, besides trying to earn max AC prize points because TNT over prices the AC Gift Shop items.

This is ridiculous.... It hurts many honest players. This action is going to hurt this Event in the long rung. I see this as the end of people's participation and the end of the AC as a whole. And, all in all, it might be for the best. This was a site Event that was a target for cheating and foul play from the start.

fennox, 06/5/2017, 8:25 pm NST
It has been a very disappointing day on neopets

cat, 06/5/2017, 11:02 pm NST
---
I don't know, I mean I hope we do because otherwise that would be totally unfair. Although it's still better than getting frozen like the suspected cheaters last year. Seriously, I'd take losing some of my rank credit from a single mediocre event over losing everything on my account.

Gotta agree the prize shop items are overpriced and the games mind numbing. I can only really max SoSD and do a bit of SS/YYB before I have to retreat to a well made game.

sweetviolet86, 06/7/2017, 4:59 am NST
I'm not getting any points for the games I'm playing Not sure why TNT would think I'm cheating as I only made it to rank 1 last year. You'd think if I knew how to cheat I'd have a much better trophy.

sweetviolet86, 06/7/2017, 5:04 am NST
Bleh nevermind, just read it's a practice day and scores don't count. Figures that it's the first day I have time to play and I can't get anything out of it

moxy, 06/7/2017, 7:15 pm NST
Hmm...There's no way that my game play was suspicious such that it was legitimately put "under review". However, my game counts aren't increasing. I've played two days so far - mostly SOSD. I played 40 games a few days ago without any issue. I played a few more games again today (like 5 games, nothing crazy!) and only the first one was counted.

moxy, 06/7/2017, 7:17 pm NST
NVM, same issue as sweetviolet86. Practice days are...silly...

bob_smith, 06/8/2017, 1:39 pm NST
This is the biggest ef up of JS imo. I hope a bunch of ppl quit to teach them a lesson. We don't get any of our points back. Like really?They are being counted on our dashboard and yet you're gonna tell, after being unflagged, I don't deserve those points? WTF. this is the LAST time I participate in AC and probably in neopets too. I just hate TNT's attitude and just complete disrespect for players. The site is dying and they still are putting players last...SAD!

Get JN updates via