Altador Cup XII
All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Learn the meaning to all Neopian words, phrases and acronyms!
Complete the Altador Mini-Plot!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.

Pick your news: Neopets News Jellyneo's Twitter | Crossword Answers | JN Updates | Daily Puzzle | Altador Cup

Daily Dare Live
  • Posted on March 16, 2017, 1:20 pm NST

Update 2: Daily Dare is now live!

View our Daily Dare Guide »

Update It appears the Daily Dare will be starting today (Monday, 3/20).

Daily Dare will run for 20 and a half days, starting on Monday, March 20th at site sync and running through Sunday, April 9th at 11:59:59 PM NST. (NST is equal to U.S. Pacific Time.)

If you visit Roo Island today, you'll see there's some dialogue between Abigail and Chadley.

This seems to point to a new Daily Dare coming soon, as TNT recently confirmed in the editorial. Last year, there were several days of lead up dialogue on Roo Island before the event itself began.

Update: New dialogue for the 17th.

Update: New dialogue for the 18th.

Update: New dialogue for the 19th.

And yet more new dialogue for the 20th.

dogslover123, 03/16/2017, 1:30 pm NST
Yeah, another year, another Gold trophy!

stories2btold, 03/16/2017, 1:49 pm NST
The return of our Lord and Savior Chadley

mac, 03/16/2017, 1:55 pm NST
They've recycled Chadley's old artwork but flipped his hair. Now the perspective is all wrong and the back of his head is coming out of the left side of his face.

phenixia, 03/16/2017, 2:00 pm NST
Yeah! Another fun moment right after the Faeries festival! Then, maybe the new Battledome stuff will be there, right before the AC!

purplebin, 03/16/2017, 2:05 pm NST
My husband loves Daily Dare, but next week he might have jury duty!
Last year was only 20 days, I imagine they will stick with that.

herdy - JN Staff, 03/16/2017, 2:09 pm NST
I'd assume we're also getting Topsi after the Daily Dare, so it seems unlikely we'll get the BD thing before the AC.

josie, 03/16/2017, 7:30 pm NST
I'm looking forward to Daily Dare, even though I'm so bad at games

1jediboy, 03/16/2017, 8:25 pm NST
Hmm... I wonder if this "text-based" setup is actually some sort of foreshadowing to something else... like maybe the "Ghoul Catchers" app returning!

vaporesque, 03/16/2017, 10:09 pm NST
@dave Mortogs are still better

super_neopets, 03/16/2017, 11:43 pm NST
And another trophie placed in the wrong position, please let that not be the case.

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 03/17/2017, 12:30 am NST
there's a big enough gap after the AC ends, after July 3rd until October (if we have a Halloween event) or November 15th (I wonder what's so special about that date? hmmm...) or there's the unlikely option to move Negg Fest

sketch, 03/17/2017, 3:39 pm NST
Yay Daily Dare!!

themeepit32, 03/17/2017, 9:28 pm NST
And Chadley's here
too bad he's already married himself

sketch, 03/18/2017, 5:44 am NST
More text!! Between Abigail and Lulu ^^

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 03/19/2017, 12:19 am NST
Abi: I don't think so. And I can't ask him either since I'm not allowed to disturb him during his exams. He won't be home until next month for Daily Dare.
Next month??!?!!?? why isn't DD starting soon-ish? before Negg Festival? Negg Fest should be around Easter (April 16) in the US

cotop, 03/19/2017, 1:02 am NST
I'm wondering if maybe we will have a "pre-event" of sorts.

purplebin, 03/19/2017, 7:14 am NST
Now I'm wondering if DD will be AFTER Negg Fest and Easter. Why would they have teasers so early?

purplebin, 03/19/2017, 8:23 am NST
I was thinking that the Negg Fest ended around Easter, but looking at last year it starts just before. In any case, if DD is next month then it will overlap with the Festival of Neggs.

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 03/19/2017, 6:52 pm NST
unless they plan on shortening either Daily Dare or Negg Festival, I don't see how 20 days of DD and 2 weeks of Negg Fest can fit in before the Altador Cup pre-tournament Press with the AC following shortly after that...
they could start Negg Fest around April 7, Daily Dare is around April 25 then straight into pre-tourney press May 15 with 2 teams per weekday until May 25 with AC signups following that until round 1 starting June 2, round 4 starting June 24 and prize shop opening July 3

recklesse, 03/20/2017, 1:59 am NST
Just because AAA isn't back from his exams until next month doesn't mean Chadley can't force the DD to happen earlier so he can prove himself the 'true games master' while AAA is away.

sakeru187, 03/20/2017, 7:03 am NST
@toe_knee - they don't have to follow exact dates on events. If they start later for the festival and AC then they start later -shrug- take the DD for example, it used to begin in March for years but now it's later in April. And it's not impossible to run more than one event at a time lol. Either way I can't wait for all of them <3

purplebin, 03/20/2017, 8:31 am NST
Today's dialog makes it sound like it could start this month after all. This week, I hope!

pikachu315111, 03/20/2017, 9:44 am NST
Actually Abigail's dialogue makes it sound its happening right now. Tomorrow maybe?

purplebin, 03/20/2017, 10:34 am NST
I had originally thought they would start Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I've changed my site theme to summon it!

dave - JN Staff, 03/20/2017, 11:20 am NST
It'll be starting today!

ducky - JN Staff, 03/20/2017, 12:25 pm NST
Dave. Make that murican date go away and use normal one Some cons...whatever with the dates man! :p

claytonskitten, 03/20/2017, 2:48 pm NST
Guide for this year including prize list? Can't seem to find the link....

rosi, 03/20/2017, 2:53 pm NST
This year it's easy to read in advance what the games for the next challenges are GASP some are hard! Especially AAA's Revenge on the last day

pikachu315111, 03/20/2017, 3:25 pm NST
CALLED IT!

morganjoisle, 03/20/2017, 3:38 pm NST
Is this AAA's first year in college for realsies? Now I'm wondering whether or not I'm the same age as this fictitious neopets character! I relate to him and his business with non-gaming obligations. D:

Also this event will be fun. I always look forward to daily dares! Though I am NOT fond of Chemistry of Beginners, at least the score looks achievable. I'll probably try and beat Chadley each day, at least to begin with.

purplebin, 03/20/2017, 4:35 pm NST
@rosi, how did you find the rest of the game list? And thanks for the heads-up on the last game!

herdy - JN Staff, 03/20/2017, 4:36 pm NST
@purpebin: The sticky notes are all uploaded, which have the names of the games on them.

morganjoisle, 03/20/2017, 4:51 pm NST
@herdy: Omg, that's very convenient! Is there a place where we can see all the sticky notes?

herdy - JN Staff, 03/20/2017, 4:59 pm NST

Day 17: Assignment 53
Day 18: Barf Boat
Day 19: Wheeler's Wild Ride
Day 20: AAA's Revenge

rosi, 03/20/2017, 5:09 pm NST
Exactly
Strange this time they didn't add some random letters like they always do to prevent us code-scourers from getting insight

melinda_kacheek, 03/20/2017, 5:17 pm NST
Lost City Lanes???

purplebin, 03/20/2017, 5:24 pm NST
Yikes, this is definitely going to be very challenging for me...

cat, 03/21/2017, 2:43 am NST
I have a feeling I won't be getting a Gold trophy this year. Oh well.

solsticesprite, 03/21/2017, 3:41 am NST
The jellyneo guide for Chemistry for Beginners? It's not very good. I went to neopets cheats.

ka_zatha, 03/21/2017, 8:33 am NST
I wonder if there will be another new game after this event?

purplebin, 03/21/2017, 9:36 am NST
I wonder why they didn't make a Chadley Wig for the NC part instead of the crazy Green Flame Wig. It would have been more usable.

josie, 03/21/2017, 4:53 pm NST
purplebin, so true! If I'm not mistaken we had Chadley contacts some time ago for the NC Collectible, so they would've matched just great.

morganjoisle, 03/21/2017, 5:58 pm NST
@herdy: Thank you so much!

Heyyyyy, Jellyneo, since we know the games for this year ahead of time, do you think that you could make guides for any of the games that aren't already covered?

josh_m, 03/21/2017, 6:00 pm NST
Yike!
Day 20: AAA's Revenge
I better start practicing.

vaporesque, 03/22/2017, 1:41 am NST
Kou-Jong was nice and low, thank fyora, because Medium never crashes my browser.

morganjoisle, 03/22/2017, 6:33 am NST
@vaporesque: Oh wow. Kou-Jong on hard didn't quite crash my browser, but I did get a popup giving me the option to abort script AND another option about if I wanted to debug script or continue each time the tile map would generate.

Hard mode was a pain because I decided to retry the third tile set four or so times until I completed the game, even though I had gotten the score after the second round.

mistyraider, 03/23/2017, 4:53 am NST
I can't send a score in Chemistry for Beginners on 3/23. Is this a glitch or can't the challenge be done on a later day?
Thanks for the help.

surferaj, 03/23/2017, 6:32 am NST
Still not completely recovered from my computer issue, but I'm finally back on it and able to have better access to Neopets and finally Jellyneo once again. How I have missed using the new Item Data Base, which by the way, does not function properly on XP with IE7, if anyone wants to know. -- Considering the list of Games included for the DD this year, I'm extremely glad to have the Games list in advance. Even without knowing the Game Challenger Scores that will be required, I'm definitely going to have to put in some practice on a few of the Games. And don't get me started on Chadley and his hijack of the DD this year....

yekith, 03/23/2017, 4:40 pm NST
I'm worried that I'll lost my trophy (any trophy) on the last day. I've been trying AAA's revenge but usually I can't even get to 10. The most I've done was 18 once. Reading guides, supposedly if you hit again very quickly after the first time, that one's 2 points instead of 1. But it never worked for me. Maybe cause I have an old keyboard?

Anyway, unless Abi's score is like 10 (I doubt it when 1000 is needed for an avie)...how????

Bookmark JN!