All the hottest looks, try them on today!
Take a tour of the entire planet of Neopia.
A searchable database of Neopets images

Site Updates

Round 7 Open, Round 6 Results Posted!
  • Posted on June 23, 2019, 6:15 am NST

Round 7 guessing is now open! Don't forget, every 2 days, come back to JN and guess who you think will win each of the 10 rounds our staffers are competing in. The more guesses you get correct, the more points you earn, and the higher the trophy you'll receive in the end!

Before guessing, though, make sure you check out the round 6 results!

So, what are you waiting for...

Guess Who Will Win Round 7 »
ducky - JN Staff, 06/23/2019, 6:35 am NST
What is this madnes? Quail winning and Herdy losin?

chrisk123, 06/23/2019, 8:07 am NST
I got 0 picks for the first time ever! What happened?

pikachu315111, 06/23/2019, 9:59 am NST
... It feels like whoever wins or lose might as well be decided by a coin toss.

It's why I don't really like these types of tourney. Unless it has returning option you know does well, you have no idea who to pick. And even then sometimes a new option reveals they're better or the option who normally does good suddenly does bad (or a bad option starts suddenly being good). Now for JN it's alright, the points in the end only decide what trophies you get, but for the Altador Cup making bad picks mean you get less points to spend in the prize shop. And I never feel satisfied with the results, if I lose I'm sad I made the wrong pick and if I win I only feel I did because of luck or a just looked at who did best last year. Just a quick mini-rant, don't mind me, if anything more frustrated with how routine and stagnant the AC has been since JS took over (though even before you can tell TNT were losing interest though at least always did one player trade and added a new player; JS only talks about doing that but never do so why even mention it?).

logicalwhimsy, 06/23/2019, 10:31 am NST
I agree that the AC has become stagnant but I never particularly liked player trades. As a (British) Football fan, I find the concept pretty alien anyway and the execution wasn't great. I can't remember when Kreludor swapped Coco for Hawkshanks but they still haven't fixed his gameplay sprite - his legs don't move when he runs. -.- At the same time they also altered Derlyn's sprite so that her hair was orange like her character art rather than purple like a normal Gnorbu... and her legs don't move either. I don't play much Yooyuball but every time I do I still find it a tad disconcerting. (It wouldn't surprise me if that's why they haven't bothered with player trades recently. I'm pretty sure Kreludor's prematch blurbs have never changed either.)

As for this style of Staff Tourney, I like it. Yes, it's very irritating when everything goes wrong... but I wouldn't feel so happy when I actually do well. Even if that isn't that often. XP My problem with this (and last year's) TNT Staff Tourney is that there is no way of figuring out the Star Player short of luck. Now that's just bleurk. -.-

topaz644, 06/23/2019, 1:42 pm NST
Yeah the tnt star player is luck AND it has to be someone you picked for your team. It's not like I could have picked Jade last round if I wanted too. I don't choose bad players for my team (if I can help it).

mistyraider, 06/23/2019, 6:02 pm NST
And I was so looking forward to getting at least 1 of my 4 picks right.
Oh well. And good on you Quail!

solsticesprite, 06/23/2019, 7:26 pm NST
I was suprised entirely that round six just vanished, I have no votes for this one. Was there not a news post about it?

lasergu, 06/24/2019, 7:02 pm NST