How to Play
The controls for this game aren't very hard to get the hang of, but it's speed that matters when you're looking out for all of those hot, spiky, and heavy-looking rocks. Trust me, you really don't want to run into one of them.
To begin the game, all you have to do is click on Jordie, who is located in the center of the game window. Once you have done so, all you need to do is make sure that he stays out of the way of the rocks flying past him by moving your mouse around the game window. However, you cannot let go of the mouse or touch the walls, otherwise you will lose the game. Simple, right? Well, as it turns out, it's not so easy.
When you start to play, the first thing you might notice is that the rocks are all different shapes and sizes. There is one large rock, two medium sized rocks, and one small rock.
You will also notice that the game starts out pretty simply, the rocks are not flying around too fast, and they're relatively easy to avoid. However, the longer you manage to stay in play, the faster the rocks get. This is why it's so tricky to get a high score.
There is also a timer at the bottom of the window. This clocks how many seconds you have managed to go without getting hit with a rock, touching the wall, or letting go of your mouse. In this game, time acts as your score.
The border around the game window is the wall. Touching it will result in a lovely, capitalized "GAME OVER." And you thought that the rocks were the only tricky part.
Finally, there are no power-ups, extra lives or helpful items in this game. Everything is out to get you, so do not touch a thing!
- Though the largest, flaming rock of doom may seem like the most intimidating, it is actually the smallest spiky rock that you need to watch out for. While concentrating on avoiding the rocks larger than it, it is all too easy to accidentally back into it's path.
Undesirable Number One
- Don't be a wallflower. Though there is no penalty for staying near the wall, you still want to stay clear of it. In a tight spot you don't want to limit your escape routes.
- Don't stay still in an empty space for too long. Though it might be safe for the moment, you can bet that a dodgeball will by flying your way in a matter of seconds. It's much better to be constantly moving than darting from one space to the next in a hurry.
- Use the navigation tool you are most comfortable with. If you are using a touchpad or a nub mouse (like those that come with most laptops), the game becomes quite tricky, if you are used to a standard mouse (or vice versa). So don't be afraid to experiment with the different tools.
- The only thing left is to have fun. I'm sure that Jordie is. Right?
This game guide was written by: Kaurevir