A searchable database of Neopets images
Create your own wishlists!
Earn NP from playing games!

The Wraith Resurgence

Plot Updates

New Infirmary Step
  • Posted on January 24, 2018, 1:17 pm NST

A new patient has been added to Infirmary today! Nolan the Shoyru requires six potions to unlock all of his achievements - and will accept either Concoction VI and VII (6 and 7).

There's also new dialogue on the headquarters page. Our guides are now updated with the new information.

» View Our Step-By-Step Guide «
mistyraider, 01/24/2018, 1:23 pm NST
Does anyone know if feeding extra potions to those in the infirmary makes a difference to how we do in this plot? I've been worried I wouldn't have enuf wraith items so, except for the jetsam, I've only given each the required 6.

And if no one knows but has fantastic theories, do post them. They will cheer me up no end!

herdy - JN Staff, 01/24/2018, 1:32 pm NST
Ultimately we will not know for sure until the final prizes are released and the whole thing is over - but currently, it looks like no. But don't take that as official.

jweb, 01/24/2018, 1:39 pm NST
also in is not sure if you need to feed more potions to new patients.

all_things_dark, 01/24/2018, 1:49 pm NST
I would like to think no since there is a cap. If we get better prizes for the amount of potions we give the patients it wouldn't be fair to put a cap on how many ingredients we can get to make those potions to feed those patients...right? Idk

pikachu315111, 01/24/2018, 2:19 pm NST
@ all_things_dark:
This part wasn't fully thought out. This was meant to be a community step and I think we were suppose to donate many potions... but as you said, since there's limited Wraith materials no one wants to make any additional potions. Also at the beginning of this step we were told that every potion we donated would count and they are keeping track of how many potions we donated... but when they say count do they mean toward plot points or just to get things progressing?

tanoshii, 01/24/2018, 3:07 pm NST
I still vote Kaia is secretly working with Malum and if she isn't, she gets corrupted and ends up putting everyone in danger.
She's not very likable right now.

ladyamethyst, 01/24/2018, 5:41 pm NST
Not liking the all-powerful, all-knowing new upstart. People who called her a Mary Sue were right on the money.

I hate this plot. There, I said it. I was excited for new content but this is really really REALLY boring

mavegibson, 01/24/2018, 6:13 pm NST
I am still angry about the item cap. Like, the language I would like to use to describe my feelings on this would be inappropriate for this forum, but use your imaginations.

It's utter bunk to claim that items would flood the site. Whoever is behind this line of thinking, I fart in your general direction.

And that doesn't even begin to get into how JS has nakedly allowed certain people to gouge and profit off of people's desire to participate in this plot. If this is the spirit of how things are going to be done in the new Neopian world order under JS, I am thoroughly disgusted.

mavegibson, 01/24/2018, 6:16 pm NST
As for the new faerie, I predict that she is possessed like the others by some dark wraith force and after this is all over we'll discover she's a really sweet faerie.

phenixia, 01/24/2018, 6:48 pm NST
I can't really participate anymore: the wraiths don't drop anything for me. They did the first 2-3 days a new enemy arrived and then, nothing. I would like to participate more but I don't want to pay. I want to play.

maxgarou, 01/24/2018, 8:46 pm NST
@phenixia
you have to get rid of any item you might have in excess. I got rid (sold some donated a few) ectoplasm and the items started dropping again.
What I've been doing is to create concoctions from 8 to 10 (after all we're going to need them when the skeith is in the infirmary) the moment I get enough materials to create a few of them. I try to get 10 of each item (fur, claws, fangs and blood) everyday.

1jediboy, 01/24/2018, 9:27 pm NST
After him, one more left! That one's gonna need THREE potions!

Do you think we'll get another chance to use our wraith ectoplasm? I forgot to convert most of mine to potion I when I had the chance.

I'd like to think by the end of it, if we bring in 100 vials of the stuff, we get a Wraith Paint Brush!

1jediboy, 01/24/2018, 9:47 pm NST
Ooo! The Shoyru drew a sketch of the mysterious creature! More pieces of the puzzle! Who IS this creature?!?!

(I'm in character. Standard Neopian participation without cheats; Like they're real-time events.)

atryeu, 01/25/2018, 10:55 am NST
Anybody else not able to do potions suddenly? I am in Firefox but they worked before, I just had to do them several times sometimes before they'd count. Between the 2 days now I've tried 20-30+ times and the potions won't go.

Please don't tell me to use another browser, I have no interest in putting another on here, and especially not Chrome.

Just wondering if any other Firefox users are unable to get it to work suddenly now with this new step or if it's just me

mavegibson, 01/25/2018, 11:02 am NST
Disable all your add-ons, Atreyu. I had the same problem but when I disabled add-ons it worked. Which was annoying because I didn't have to disable them for previous potions.

atryeu, 01/25/2018, 11:15 am NST
Mavegibson, that worked, thank you. Wonder why, I use NoScript and adBlock but both were set to allow just about everything from Neopets already anyway. Only thing blocked on those pages was the google analytics domain, everything important wasn't blocked.

Thanks again, I'll try and remember that for next time.

atryeu, 01/25/2018, 11:19 am NST
For anybody else using Firefox and unable to do the Potions part to clear fog, just FYI, disabling add-ons in Firefox seemed to fix that issue as well. I just cleared it off Tombola which was one it would absolutely not remove for me either. Took 2 tries, it removed.

seven_dead_owls, 01/25/2018, 3:18 pm NST
Since we've been clearing fog and Lutari Island is covered in fog I'm kind of hoping that it ties into the plot since drawing a map of it is the random contest.
Maybe that mystery "creature" isn't evil, it was just trying to get rid of the fog on the island and the curse that keeps us from getting there?
It was originally for mobile and they said they were working on a mobile version again so maybe they're close to rolling it out but the plot is dragging so they can fix bugs.

1jediboy, 01/25/2018, 4:13 pm NST
*GASP* I JUST HAD ANOTHER EPIPHANY!!!

What if the beginning of the plot which had little to no Neopian lore was just a guise to the massively lore-heavy mid-way part of the plot!

What if they hit us with something HUGE that was Lightly foreshadowed from the beginning!!

LUTARI ISLAND MIGHT RETURN BY THE END OF THE PLOT!!!

SECRET LORE!!! OMAGLOB!!! FREAKINOUTNOW!!! AHHHHHH-*gets it in the neck with a tranquilizer dart*
*passes out*

ummy - JN Staff, 01/25/2018, 7:50 pm NST
I would think if Lutari Island was the surprise at the end of the plot, they wouldn't have given away that plot point with a Random Contest. But I do think they are hinting towards something in the future.

mavegibson, 01/26/2018, 11:33 am NST
I think, too, if they were doing Lutari Island as part of this, they wouldn't have set this plot in Faerieland and themed everything wraith. It would have taken place on one of the islands, or Altador or something, or even Maraqua or Moltara. Tacking Lutari Island to the end of this plot when there is absolutely no thematic or geographic connection to anything island-related through the entire plot so far is something I would not expect even from these people.

cat, 01/26/2018, 2:17 pm NST
I seriously doubt this plot has anything to do with a Lutari Island return. But they may be plotting something. Maybe Lutari Island will come back as a new world on Neopets, or maybe they've secretly been working on a Lutari Island mobile game.

aro, 01/26/2018, 5:26 pm NST
Maybe Kaia is evil and Malum flees to Lutari island, so they have to clear the fog to get him. Yeah, just picking at straws here. But seriously, it'd be genious if they involved Lutari Island in this!

1jediboy, 01/26/2018, 8:14 pm NST
Singsong: Secret Loooo-ooooore!

moonlightwitch, 01/31/2018, 10:48 am NST
New steps the gypsies camp