It seems that sand isn't the only thing you need to worry about getting into your shoes if you are planning a trip to Qasala. When it shuffled back into the Lost Desert after all that to-do from a few years back, it seems a whole swarm of scarabs decided it would make a cosy place to live and have set up home there. Needless to say, the residents aren't too happy about this so they have built the Expellibox to try and get rid of some of them. You may deposit a scarab into the machine and, depending on where it ends up, you can win a prize. The further it goes the better, and there are some nice prizes up for grabs as well as Neopoint lump sums. Below are listed the possible outcomes from landing on the various spaces.
Note: It was once believed that if you played the game more than once per day, you could jeopardise your account. However on the 13th of July 2012 TNT announced in the editorial that this was not true. You are able to play this game once every 7 hours 7 minutes (credit to rippy for figuring this out).
The Neocash Icon
If you are lucky enough to get your scarab to land on the Neocash Icon (which is rare as there is only one of that type of space on the board) then you will get one of the following messages:
- Wow, it got all the way to Kreludor! We're not sure how that's even possible, but that scarab is definitely never coming back. Thank you! You have been awarded 5,000 NP
- Wow, it got all the way to Kreludor! We're not even sure how that's possible, but that scarab is definitely never coming back. Thank you! You have been awarded 150 NC! Spend it wisely at the NC Mall.
NOTE: If you live in a country where it is not possible to purchase Neocash, if you land on this icon the game will randomly select the space to either side of it and award you that prize instead.
The Gift Icon
The rewards for landing on this space vary depending on where your scarab ends up; in each case you will get either a grateful or unhappy message from the Expellibox owners as well as an item for your troubles. Here is a list of all the potential outcomes and under each are the items you can receive:
Altador is only over those mountains. That scarab will be back in no time. *sigh* just take your ______ and go.
Brightvale isn't that far away, but I've never liked those guys... thinking they're so smart! I'll cut you a break. Have a ______ for your help.
Ah, Mystery Island. Unless scarabs can swim, I don't think it's coming back. Thanks. Have a ______ for getting that scarab out of here.
The scarab went only as far as Sakhmet! Well, it's better than leaving it here, anyways. Here's a ______ for your trouble.
Virtupets Space Station
Splendid! The scarab has been teleported to the Virtupets Space Station. We'll surely never see it again! Have a ______ for sending the scarab into space.
The Skull Icon
This space means bad news! Well what did you expect from a space with a giant skull on it? Landing here will either 'win' you a case of Reptillioritus or Sneezles for your active pet, or it will be attacked by the scarab and lose some hit points. These are the respective messages:
- Wait a second...you didn't touch that scarab with your bare hands, did you? You should probably head to the hospital and find a cure for __________. I'm sure you'll be fine. NEXT!
- The scarab escapes the perils of the Scarab Removal Machine before it could be sent away and attacks your Neopets. Don't worry. The Qasalan Government has insurance.
The Neopoints Icon
Who doesn't love Neopoints? Landing on this space will earn you a sum of Neopoints depending on how far it went; the further you got your scarab the more you win. You will get one of the following messages and rewards:
- Not as far as we wanted, but the Haunted Woods is better that nothing. Here's something for your trouble. You receive 100 NP.
- Faerieland?! Those faeries won't be too happy. Oh well. Here's a little something for your effort. You receive 250 NP.
- Well, Maraqua is pretty far, but we'll have to dock you for use of the underwater tubing. You have no idea how hard that was to install! Your total reward comes to 500 NP.
- Terror Mountain? Not bad. I hope that scarab has a coat! Ha! You can have 1,000 NP for getting that scarab out of here.
- Wow, you sent that scarab all the way to Tyrannia! Well Done! Take 2,000 NP for your help.
The Cross Icon
This spot wins you... nothing. Landing here means that your scarab didn't get outside the Qasalan city limits and so you get nothing. ): Other than one of these messages of course:
- The scarab travels for miles and miles and finally ends up... back in Qasala? You're no help!
- Hey, that wasn't a real scarab! Guards! Get this beguiler out of here!
- The scarab mysteriously disappears. Curious...
A huge thank you to everybody on our forums who helped out in compiling this list. If you receive a prize not listed here then please send in a bug report with information of which item you received as well as the message on the Expellibox about where the scarab went and so on (if you don't include the message then we can't verify it to add it to the list).
This game guide was written by: Weepit & JN Forum Members