In Kass Basher, you play as a Blumaroo holding various club-like objects to whack a Kass plushie with! The objective in this game is to hit the plushie as far as you can (or, for others, to express your anger). The farther you hit the Kass plushie, the more points (and Neopoints) you get! Of course, it's not just luck - you have to pay attention to the speed of the wind, and precisely where you aim to hit the plushie. The highest the wind can go to is 9 meters per second, and it's usually a good idea to try only hitting when it's at 8 or 9, especially if you're trying to unlock a level.
- Easy mode: In this mode, you whack the Kass plushie with a long stick of bread (how... weird?). The plushie drops from the top of the tree very slowly and sometimes you just have to have patience. I am personally a fast paced person, but if you get a whack far enough (175 meters) you can unlock the medium level!
- Medium mode: In this mode, you whack the Kass plushie with a wooden stick. Hopefully, this hurts the little rascal a bit more (YEAHH!!). The plushie drops from the tree at a, you guessed it, medium speed. If you hit the plushie past the 450 meter mark, you can unlock the last and hardest level!
- Hard mode: This mode is mean, just cruel to the Kass plushie. *Cackle* You get to whack it with a spiked BAT - how fun is that? You can get hits up to and over 1,000 meters in this mode.
- You can use either the left mouse button or the spacebar to make the Blumaroo swing his weapon of choice.
- This is a VERY helpful tip and has personally helped me TONS; when hitting the Kass plushie, HOLD the left mouse button (or the spacebar) on collision to hold in the flappy parts of the plushie's cape. This makes it more aerodynamic so it can fly farther. Then when the plushie is at its "peak" (just before it starts to descend), release the button to unfurl his cape and make him glide to a slow descent. Here is the plushie at the peak of its flight:
- As the Kass plushie hits the ground, click the left mouse button (or spacebar) in time with the impact to make it bounce and gain an extra few yards. This can be done up to six times in quick succession if you get the timing right.
- Purposefully MISS the plushie if your wind speed isn't 7-9. Hopefully, the next time you get to "bat" or "hit" the plushie, the wind speed will be greater.
At around the 820 meter mark, there is a rock. This is what the rock looks like:
"Hi, I'm a rock"
Clicking it will cause the Turtum measure-er to be replaced with a Drackonack on your next whack!
Once you have the Drackonack, you have to be a little bit careful to keep him. See, whereas you can make the Turtum hurry across the screen to measure your whack by clicking anywhere on the screen, doing this to make the Drackonack hurry up will cause him to revert back to the Turtum again. He doesn't like being hurried, so be patient if you like the novelty of having him around. He doesn't actively do anything to alter the game in your favour, he just looks cuter than the Turtum. :p
On rare occasions, your bat will be replaced by, well, the whole tree! Hence how some people manage get scores of 1,700 or above. The tree allows you to whack the plushie even harder than the bat, so take advantage if your Blumaroo is holding the tree! You may have to wait a while for the wind to climb to a decent speed, but it will take a lot less time than waiting to get the tree again; the chance of this happening is approximately 1 in 10,000.
Thanks to Tamisha for an actual image of the tree in action!
Remember: practice makes perfect! Keep trying! :) Happy Kass-bashing!
Submit a score of 850 points or more in a game of Kass Basher.
This game guide was written by: Ian