As you wander the Haunted Woods, you will no doubt stumble across this creature. Rising out of the slime and mud, with dark eyes lit by a speck of glowing red, the Esophagor's appetite is unquenchable and vicious. If you bring him what he craves, he will reward you.
To begin an Esophagor quest, go to the Haunted Woods and click on the raging mound of slime that is the Esophagor. Then simply click 'Sure I will find you food', and you will have begun the quest.
Note: You cannot start an Esophagor quest if you have 60 or more items in your inventory.
Where is my food, mortal? Where?!
The Esophagor will ask for 1-3 items, and only asks for Spooky Foods r89 and below. The prices of these items can vary from a few NPs to several thousand. Avoid completing quests that ask for expensive items as the rewards are almost always not worth the amount you may have spent.
There is no known daily limit to the number of Esophagor quests you can complete.
If you are currently on a Brain Tree quest, your reward will be one of the answers to the Brain Tree's question. If you are not currently on a Brain Tree quest, your reward will be an item r89 and below. You will never be rewarded both an answer and an item, it is only ever one or the other.
After the first time you complete a quest, you will additionally unlock the Esophagor as a Battledome Challenger.
Brain Tree Quests
The questions the Brain Tree asks can only be answered by the Esophagor - answers to his questions cannot be obtained anywhere else. The Esophagor will answer his question (When and where did *Neopian* die?) in full if you do two of his quests: the reward for the first quest will be the date of death, and the reward for the second quest will be the place. You should record these values, as once you navigate away from the page there is no way to get the Esophagor to repeat them. More information about the Brain Tree's quests can be found here.
Just as I have a thirst for knowledge, so the Esophagor has a hunger for...everything.
Hints and Tips
- The Esophagor rarely gives out rewards that are worth over 2,000 NPs. Quests that cost more than this should be avoided.
- Note that you can't cancel an Esophagor quest, you can only wait for it to expire. Therefore if you deem an item or items too expensive, simply wait for the quest to expire and then try again.
- When it comes to doing Esophagor quests to obtain answers for the Brain Tree, it is better to abandon the Brain Tree quest if you are required to pay more than 5000 NPs for the completion of both Esophagor quests, unless your goal is to make on the Brain Tree high scores table. The Brain Tree's rewards are generally not worth that much.
Edna has a couple pieces of random dialogue when you complete quests for him.
While waiting for you to turn in items, he will say one of the following:
- Feeedd mee...
- I aamm staarrvvingg....
- Musst eeat
- Myy sttommacch hurrttss...
- Ohhh I muusstt haavee foooddd
- Ooohh I aamm soo huunggry
- Sooo huunggrryyy...
- Wwhheerre isss myy fooodd?
If you fail a quest by letting the time expire, he will say one of the following:
- Stiiilll huunnggrryyy...
- TOOO LLLAAATTTEEE
- Tooo ssllooooww
- Youuu aaree tooo laattee
- YYOOU HAAAVVEEE FFAAIILLLEEDD!!
This article was written by: Anayu