It looks like trouble is brewing in Sakhmet, with all of the main Neopian rulers invited by Princess Amira to a meeting, someone has crept into the palace and stolen items from each of the distinguished guests.
Each day a new clue will be released to help you determine who stole each item.
It seems that it doesn't matter which option you choose when trying to get the clue, with each option resulting in the character giving up their clue.
||The Illuminated Menuscript was either stolen using invisibility or by bribing a guard.||Lost Desert Foods|
||The Oasis Runners stole an item sometime before the guild who bribed a guard.||Osiri's Pottery|
||Of the guild that used distraction and the Sun Chasers, one stole the Wedding Ring and the other committed the theft at 5:00 a.m.||A Neomail
||The guild that climbed the palace walls committed the theft sometime after the Wedding Ring was stolen.||The Lost Desert Colouring Pages|
||Of the guild that bribed a guard and the Pyramid Prowlers, one stole Pocket Chess and the other committed the theft at midnight.||Sakhmet Solitaire|
||Neither the guild that committed the theft at 3:00 a.m. nor the guild that bribed a guard stole the Magical Blue Amulet.||Sakhmet Battle Supplies|
||The Royal Telescope was not stolen at 3:00 a.m., nor was it stolen by the Desert Scarabs.||A Neomail|
||The guild that used invisibility committed the theft one hour before the Dagger Clan.||Scarab 21|
||Pocket Chess was not stolen by the Sun Chasers, nor was it stolen at 2:00 a.m.||Cheat|
||The guild that committed the theft at 1:00 a.m. did not use a disguise.||Cool Desert Paint Brushes|
||The Illuminated Menuscript was stolen by the Pyramid Prowlers.||A Neomail
||The Hand of the Anubis committed the theft one hour after the guild that used a disguise.||Scratchcard Kiosk|
||The Grand Speech Scroll was either stolen at 4:00 a.m. or via the sewers.||A Neomail
||The guild that used the sewers committed the theft sometime after the Royal Telescope was stolen.||The Neopets Fruit Machine|
Need a place to put all of the information contained in the clues? Then check out our logic grid:
If you have a jnAccount, you can save your grid and come back to it each day to update. (Don't have an account? Register!) You can also use the grid as a guest--it just won't be saved when you next visit.
What We Know
Here's a compilation of all the who's and what's we know so far:
- Illuminated Menuscript
- Wedding Ring
- Pocket Chess
- Magical Blue Amulet
- Royal Telescope
- Grand Speech Scroll
- Oasis Runners
- Sun Chasers
- Pyramid Prowlers
- Desert Scarabs
- Dagger Clan
- Hand of Anubis
- 1:00 am
- 2:00 am
- 3:00 am
- 4:00 am
- 5:00 am
- Bribing a guard
- Climbed palace walls
- Via the sewers
After receiving each day's clue, you will be rewarded with a random Neopoint item, along with a Parchment Piece for the NC component.
NC Component: Parchments and Dictionaries
For a full rundown of the NC component of Desert Diplomacy, check out our Desert Diplomacy Parchments guide.
|Illuminated Menuscript||Pyramid Prowlers||Invisibility||Midnight|
|Wedding Ring||Dagger Clan||Distraction||1:00 am|
|Pocket Chess||Desert Scarabs||Bribing a guard||4:00 am|
|Magical Blue Amulet||Sun Chasers||Climbed palace walls||5:00 am|
|Royal Telescope||Oasis Runners||Disguise||2:00 am|
|Grand Speech Scroll||Hand of Anubis||Via the sewers||3:00 am|
Clue 1: Pretty straight forward:
- Every method except for Invisibility and Bribing methods are marked as X's for the Illuminated Menuscript item.
Clue 2: Three different clues in this one:
- Oasis Runners and the 'Bribing' guild are not one in the same since they commit their thefts at different times
- Oasis Runners did not steal last since the 'Bribing' guild stole their item afterward
- The 'Bribing' guild did not steal first since the Oasis Runners committed the theft beforehand
Clue 3: At this point, only 2 clues can be retrieved:
- Sun Chasers and the 'Distraction' guild are not one in the same since they commit their thefts at different times
- The Wedding Ring was not stolen at 5:00 AM
Clue 4: Another dormant clue, for now:
- The 'Climbing' guild did not steal the Wedding Ring
- The 'Climbing' guild did not steal first
- The Wedding Ring was not stolen last (at this point, this would still be considered 5:00 AM for this item)
Clue 5: Big clue!
- Right off the bat, we can mark off Pyramid Prowlers as not using the 'Bribing' method.
- Based on Clue #2, we can determine that the 'Bribing' guild stole the Pocket Chess since they did not steal their item first (Midnight) - let's cross-fill those X's!
- Process of elimination leaves us with Pyramid Prowlers as the midnight marauders! (cross-fill with X's)
- Oasis Runners did not steal the Pocket Chess since it was determined in Clue #2 they did not use the 'Bribing' method
- Let's also mark off 'Climbing' for Pyramid Prowlers since 'Climbing' was determined not to been used at Midnight
- Pocket Chess is also marked off for Midnight since it's now tied to the 'Bribing' guild.
- Now that the Pyramid Prowlers have claimed the Midnight spot, Oasis Runners are now only possibly thieving between 1:00 AM and 4:00 AM - which means the 'Bribing' guild couldn't have stolen the Pocket Chess at 1:00 AM (Clue #2)
Clue 5: (continued)
- Hey-oh! Clue #1 did its deed. With the revelation of the 'Bribing' guild's stolen item - we're left with Illuminated Menuscript having been stolen using Invisibility. (cross-fill with X's)
Clue 6: Another 'this nor that'.
- The '3:00 AM' guild is not the 'Bribing' guild
- The '3:00 AM' guild did not steal the Magical Blue Amulet or Pocket Chess
- The 'Bribing' guild did not steal the Magical Blue Amulet (of course)
Clue 7: Another 'this nor that'.
- The '3:00 AM' guild is not the Desert Scarabs
- The '3:00 AM' guild did not steal the Royal Telescope
- The Desert Scarabs did not steal the Royal Telescope
Clue 8: Another useful, but dormant clue.
- The Dagger Clan did not use Invisibility (and therefore did not steal the Illuminated Menuscript)
- The Dagger Clan did not steal first - Midnight is already marked off.
- The 'Invisibility' guild did not steal last (and therefore, Illuminated Menuscript was not stolen at 5:00 AM)
Clue 9: A hefty clue:
- The Sun Chasers did not steal at 2:00 AM
- The Sun Chasers is not the 'Bribing' guild nor Pocket Chess thieves
- 'Bribing' guild did not steal the Pocket Chess at 2:00 AM
- If the 'Bribing' guild is not the Sun Chasers, then based on Clue #3, the 'Bribing' guild did not steal at 5:00 AM. Therefore, the 'Bribing' guild stole the Pocket Chess at 4:00 AM (cross-fill with X's)
- Based on their relationship to the 'Bribing' guild, Oasis Runners and Sun Chasers can be marked off for 4:00 AM.
Clue 10: A scrappy clue:
- �The guild that committed the theft at 1:00 AM did not use a disguise.
Clue 11: Break out the green checkmarks!
- Pyramid Prowlers stole the Illuminated Menuscript at Midnight using Invisibility. (cross-fill with X's)
- The earliest possible time for the Wedding Ring theft is now at 1:00 AM. Therefore, the 'Climbing' guild is marked off for 1:00 AM based on Clue #4
Clue 11: (continued)
- Now that the time of theft for the 'Invisibility' guild has been determined, Clue #8 helps to reveal the Dagger Clan's time of theft to be 1:00 AM. (cross-fill with X's)
- Based on the 1:00 AM clues, Dagger Clan can be marked off for 'Bribing', 'Climbing', 'Disguise' and Pocket Chess.
Backtracking: Complex process of elimination.
- Sun Chasers are now narrowed down to thieving at either 3:00 AM and 5:00 AM. If we take a look at Clues #3 and #4 we can determine that Sun Chasers could only have possibly stolen their item at 5:00 AM. (cross-fill with X's)
- According to Clue #3, if the 'Distraction' guild had been the 5:00 AM thieves, then the Sun Chasers would have stolen the Wedding Ring at 3:00 AM.
- Clue #4 states that the 'Climbing' guild would have stolen their item after the Wedding Ring's theft - however the only possible time the 'Climbing' guild would have after 3:00 AM is 5:00 AM - which in this example is held by the 'Distraction' guild. Therefore, the scenario where the 'Distraction' guild are the 5:00 AM thieves is not possible.
- Ergo, 'Distraction' guild stole the Wedding Ring (cross-fill with X's)
- Sun Chasers did not steal the Wedding Ring
- The 'Distraction' guild did not steal at 5:00 AM
Clue 12: A few tidbits to gain from this:
- The Hand of the Anubis did not steal using a disguise
- The Hand of the Anubis did not steal at 2:00 AM as earliest possible time the 'Disguise' guild stole their item is at 2:00 AM.
- The 'Disguise' guild did not steal last, nor at 4:00 AM. Therefore, the Hand of the Anubis could not have stolen their item at 5:00 AM. (already marked)
- Sun Chasers did not use a disguise
- Based on Clue #6, we can determine that The Hand of the Anubis did not steal the Magical Blue Amulet.
Clue 13: Too easy:
- Since we know that the Pocket Chess was sniped at 4:00 AM, Grand Speech Scroll is now revealed to be stolen Via the Sewers. (cross-fill with X's)
- The 'Climbing' and 'Disguise' guild each stole either the Magical Blue Amulet or Royal Telescope. Therefore, neither of these items could have been stolen at 1:00 AM nor 3:00 AM for both parties.
- This reveals the 'Disguise' guild as the 2:00 AM thieves. (cross-fill with X's)
Clue 13: (continued):
- In turn, the Sun Chasers is revealed to have stolen their item by 'Climbing' at 5:00 AM (cross-fill)
- Based on previous clues, Grand Speech Scroll can be marked off for Sun Chasers and 5:00 AM.
- Wedding Ring and Grand Speech Scroll can be marked off for 2:00 AM since it's only possible for either the Magical Blue Amulet or Royal Telescope to be stolen at this time.
Backtracking: A clue in disguise:
- Now that the time for the 'Disguise' guild is revealed, Clue #12 can now help us conclude the time of theft for The Hand of the Anubis to be 3:00 AM. (cross-fill with X's)
- This reveals that the Desert Scarabs is the 'Bribing' guild who stole the Pocket Chess at 4:00 AM! (cross-fill with X's)
- Finally, the Oasis Runners is revealed to be the 2:00 AM thieves who used a disguise. (cross-fill with X's)
- As the 'Disguise' guild was determined to have stolen either the Magical Blue Amulet or the Royal Telescope, the Oasis Runners is marked off for the Wedding Ring and Grand Speech Scroll
- Likewise, as the identities of both of the 2:00 AM and 5:00 AM thieves have been revealed, the Dagger Clan and Hand of the Anubis can be marked off for the Magical Blue Amulet and Royal Telescope.
Clue 14: The Finale:
- With this simple phrase, the time constraints reveal the Magical Blue Amulet to be stolen by the Sun Chasers at 5:00 AM and the Royal Telescope by the Oasis Runners at 2:00 AM. (cross-fill with X's)
- The 'Sewer' guild is revealed to be the Hand of the Anubis, the 3:00 AM thieves.
- Finally, the Dagger Clan is revealed to be the 1:00 AM Wedding Ring thieves.
There were four days to submit a guess. Each user was given a different item to guess which guild stole, at which time and using which method. The number of prizes each guesser received depended on how early they submitted their answer.
Those who didn't submit a guess were also rewarded if they collected at least one piece of evidence.
Those who submitted the correct guild, time and method for their item also received the Honorary Guard Tunic.
Honorary Guard Tunic